IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Work–Life Balance

Found 490 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,773 reviews

Relaxed work culture with minimal politics

This place is stress-free and they work very well with each individual to make sure their work/home/uni life is balanced. They cater to Uni students very well.

Pros

Company laptop

Cons

Very little career progression assistance

Flexible hours

Enjoyed my stay in this company, but salary is justifiable because workload is not that much. However you need to wait for 1 whole month for your salary too.

Pros

Schedule, wfh

Cons

Salary

Micromanaging the Nth degree.

Everything is based solely on numbers. Even if you meet your objectives, there is always the fear of the looming layoffs that happen like clockwork, especially for those over the age of 50.

Pros

IBM looks good on a resume.

Cons

Constant stress over job security, even though most territories are stretched too thin to meet customer expectations.

Fun to work

Grate place to be in this office i never had any problems when I was working every one were very friendly and had very good Training programs for my job profile

The company is ever changing

The company itself is a solid company. Sometimes the quotas and metrics are hard to attain and adhere to. Like all companies, they have their favorites.

It is a good job

this job is interesting, an interesting job it is. I do office related work and I like it, could be better though, hopefully can work at this job for longer.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Short breaks, healthcare

Always has been a hallmark of IBM to have employees collaborate on projects, management encourages this at all levels. The Flex time options help employees and our customers loved the flexibility it affords

Pros

Flex time

Cons

Weekend work

Good benefits, horrible management

Was hired for a system support role but the internal recruiter failed to mention that I would be the sole technician in the entire state for 100+ client locations. Management wasn't even in my time zone, let alone within the state. No training, thrown immediately into a massive ticket backlog.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Nonstop stress

The teamleader was putting all the job on me, while other coworkers were drinking tea and chatting.

IBM based in Cracow, Poland is not a good place for Ukrainian women. I felt too much pressure at work, had much more tasks than other coworkers and was overwhelmed with work.

Pros

I could improve my German language working there and had few trainings.

Cons

Almost no breaks, not fair work devision between workers in the team.

Good stepping stone

Eat up any training you can get for you next job!All they want is cheap laborNot a place where you will be able to move up(heard that from a teamlead meeting)My teammates would always say negative things about the companyTeamlead is a straight forward guy and would always tell me to just keep your eye out for a better job ibm doesn't want long term workersUpper management is absolute TRASH, they have no clue what really goes on out in the field.Lexington "office" is TRASH, sit in a room with no windows and its too small for 5-6 people. 100% NOT A PROFESSIONAL WORK PLACE!Watch where you step going to the restrooms or just anywhere in the building, cause you might step in human S@#T. I wish I was joking about that!

Pros

Free trips to different states, Free trainings, Co-Workers were cool

Cons

Pay, Benifits, Work palce and office, Upper management

mostly stressful

the job would be mostly stressful. management would play favorites, so you were either in or out not much in between management would not always be truthful

Pros

decent salary

Very professional

I worked with IBM for three and the half years. Very professional n friendly environment. Fun activities on friday.Good salary and incentive.Management was also very supportive.

low pay, no real advancement, good for self-starters that are not aspirational.

not a bad gig. don't let them fool you into thinking its a career, as you'll get resourced if your too smart or too old or too expensive. pay is low and stays there, management will not GIVE you a raise, you have to fight or threaten to leave before they pony up any dough. there are guys that have been here 40 years and still haven't cracked 60k.work is easy, mostly driving and some (not much) fixing stuff. paperwork is important, more important than actually accomplishing something. IBM really stands for "I'm By Myself" this will be a problem for some, and others (like me) will really enjoy it. you can kinda set your hours and pace... sorta, really, its more like they don't care as long as tickets are getting closed.You'll rarely interact with your team though the course of your day. in-person meetings are very rare.management is always chasing the latest shiny new metric. they'll harp endlessly about the dumbest things. simultaneously, they are utterly incapable of taking care of important business like an employee that habitually skips work or cheats IBM. but, thankfully, management will mostly leave you alone unless you're a screw up.

Pros

they mostly leave you to your business.

Cons

management is clueless, pay is low, and there is always pressure to do things out of working hours.

This was a great work experience. Wonderful people and fun place to learn and grow. A lot of opportunities available. Team work is a valuable asset for all employees

Pros

Close membership

Cons

I don’t have any cons

Above average.

I do not give perfect grade for survey. I always give leeway in giving score. Working with IBM is worth it as they give you the opportunity to develop the skills within you as based on your work experiences. And if they find that you have hidden talent they will develop them.

Stock performance overrides customers

Parts of the company are still great however there is an over reliance on the matrix structure resulting in bloated management that rarely provides actual leadership. There are brilliant and talented people but often they live in fear of the next reorg eliminating their positions. Reorgs often take place without any apparent regard for how it will impact current customers or future technology requirements. Rather than cut headcount, reskilling and retraining would be less damaging to intellectual capital and organizational knowledge.

Pros

Talented people

Cons

Capricious adherence to commissions plan

I enjoyed working with colleagues, the challenges maybe there but, its something i enjoyed because it add lot of confidence and as a result add value

Working in a big organization is not something to emphasise, especially dealing with people from different works of life, is something I enjoy given targets and expected to meet up gives you a whole sense of responsibility and also increases your potential.

Pros

Well, one of the advantages of working in a team is that, you get tolearn faster than you would alone

Cons

One of the disadvantages of team work is, many times, descision takes a longer time unnecessary issues are discussed when they should not have.

- confidential

Sunt încântat să spun mai multe despre locul de munca, dar acum nu este momentul potrivit.

Leaning all I can with new things

I love to work and work with a lot of people in new roles working with new people. Leaning from people so I can become the best I can be. Im a role player

Pros

working with good pepole

Cons

healthcare

Not good

HR were terrible to deal with, with exception of one person who was genuine and left before me due to terrible conditions. Treated like a second class behing actual IBM staff. Didnt receive any benefits. Was like torture to work there, pay was nowhere near enough and management only cared about the stats they needed not the staff

Worked as customer service for 1 year

Worked as customer service executive for 1 year Worked in the process of jet airways in india Roles and Responsibilities Handling customer queries and complaints Ensuring customer satisfaction