IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Data Engineer

Good work life balanceNo Hike and incentiveNot Much PressureLot of Learning resources and trainings for new/Cloud technologiesLot of Opportunities
Very good organisation to work with however salary increment is very low.Lot of learning opportunities on Advanced technologies .Work life balance is good. Multiple programs conducted to keep yourself updated with new skills .
IBM is an ocean of knowledge, a lot to learn with various new advances being made in every field. IBM has a very friendly work environment, all the managers are very accessible and ready to help you with every prospect of your growth.
The culture varies greatly. Depending on department, job function, etc... I have met many people who are extremely happy with their job, team, and management. As a subsidiary of IBM, there was not a feeling of inclusion. I learned a so much about technology, management, and leadership.
At IBM you will have access to the best training materials and world class activities to learn. Opportunities to try out different technologies to upskill and grow in areas which very few companies will give opportunities.
Great work culture Opportunity to learn one technology & need to be stick to that Each project teams have their own Pros & Cons Training process for freshers is very easy
IBM bought the Data Backup cloud environment from Verizon where I already had a position as Tier 2 Data Backup Support Engineer. IBM assured we former Verizon employees we would be assimilated into IBM right up to the day everyone in my team was laid off.
Encourage people to learn new technologies. Best place to expand skills. Strong job security. Fun place to work Management is not well organized, but very helpful when it comes to career development.
Amazing place to work overall. You get to work both with OS and physical hardware, giving you the chance to improve your skills to both! It requires attention to detail and as long as you are willing to learn, you will be fine!
Pros
Free lunch, Great chance to improve personal skills.
Cons
Could use more benefits.
Montoring daa center in daily bases .support windows server,linux.unix servers.Cabelling networking and troubleshhooting swiches and routers.Installed new cisco equipment in data center
I usually start my work at 7:30 am ,collaboratively plan my day and make sure that the most urgent work get done first before it can get busy.I learn that that starting early will relief a lot of stress that comes with eight hours work.well hen it comes to management they always want things done.I get along with different cultures at corporate The hardest part of my job is when I can't find a solution for a problem I need to solve The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can come up with solution and quick
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The company's training is so good. Needs to bring in work life balance. Management also focused on employee and company policies and benefits. However they are use to hire employee from vendor company i.e outsource.
IBM acquiring the company you work at feels like a hostile takeover. It hasn't been fun switching over to IBM's inferior workflow tools, non-open source technologies, and a borderline unusable cloud. This is a sales driven company. Sales has promised products to our clients are impossible to make and on ridiculously short time lines. No one young seems to be in love with the company. That being said, as a big company IBM does have money and is able to purchase cool data. There are some good teams at IBM and if you find one your experience here can be enjoyable. They are flexible about working remotely and is usually a have pretty chill environment to be in.
Pros
Work remotely, usually relaxed.
Cons
IBM's first party technologies are bad and you're forced to use them.
The work life balance in IBM is very good. Very less pressure to work. Technology advancement depends on client if you are working for IBM GBS. Salary and other perks are very less.
It's a really disaster for IBM time. The management is really bad for employee. The only pro which IBM has is the work life balance. Most of time you can work remotely.
100% travel. 10% efficiency. 0% likelihood to be able to meet the challenges of tomorrow. Highly recommended for people who want to slowly eke away at insignificant projects while slowly building their position at a company that may not be around in 10 years.
Huge capability to learn. can learn a lot in the fields of IOT, cognitive and advanced analytics. But the project are less so you have to prove yourself and showcase your capabilities to move into the projects.
The people in the company at lest the one that I know are all accommodating and helpful. as far as day to day actives please refer to my resume. IBM is a great place to work for.
Here in IBm there is good work culture, not so much work load on employees , I learned so many things from IBM, good communication skills, In sort I can say IBM is best company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
IBM has stopped being a cutting edge business, leading the charge into the next IT development. Now it seems to be more interested in selling off its assets and business to other countries.
Pros
Cons
selling off its assets and business
You can learn a great deal but the politics and lack of a team environment are very frustrating. All the things that are bad about a corporation are here.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Corporate politics