IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Developer

Work–Life Balance

Found 170 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,773 reviews

Good to work at IBM

Good to work at IBM, with good work life balance but no proper growth. Joining as a graduate hire will not be good for career growth. My idea is one should struggle during initial stage of career. So that they can learn well.

Very productive

Working with IBM is challenging, Casual and informative. I've learned a lot of new trend in information technology. Updates about the company are being done regularly. Jobs are well defined. People are good companies and very accommodating. I can't ask for anything else. I just have a problem with my night shift schedule i.e., got a hard time getting sleep in the day time. It's a matter of getting use to it anyway. Hoping that other companies in the Philippines would follow IBM. It's really fun working with IBM.

Pros

Daily updates of IT information

Cons

Night shift

Great people and great environment

Cream of the crop professionals with an excellent work ethic along with totally relevant assignments. Realistic assignments are the norm while deadlines aren’t prioritized over results. Lucky to be part of it.

Remote Intern Loving Her Job

I'm a Latina of color working in hardware development who was pleasantly surprised to find my project leads being Latinos and women. We work with people all over the world, and so many people want to offer mentorship whether it be to their professional peers or interns. There are so many WebEx events like chair yoga, identity-based events, professional/skill development meetings, you name it. It's absolutely great. The only complaint I have is administrative, being that the interns are experiencing delays in receiving our physical checks/having direct deposit implemented, but that doesn't speak on IBM's supply chain engineering awesome environment. I also get paid pretty well for an intern :-)

Pros

DoorDash DashPass + $90 in giftcards, workplace culture, representation of women and BIPOC, so many opportunities to learn and expand your network

Cons

payroll

It was productive work during my total experience of 3 Years 8 Months with IBM India Pvt. Ltd. In Pune and Bangalore. No such cons found as such. Friendly environment.

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

Poor engineering, worse management.

Clueless management. No teamwork. Manager went to the pub every day. Had to explain basics to senior development staff - e.g. didn't understand basic unit testing.

Applicant Beware

Where do I even begin... I worked for IBM for several years as a developer. IBM is the epitome of bureaucracy. There are literally tens of thousands of managers and presidents here. Many of whom are completely disconnected from their frontline workers. I was one of a few developers in a relatively small department. My first-line manager left ALL of the heavy lifting to my team. He would come into the office to "work" from 11 am to around 2 pm, then call it a day. Not kidding here. We had four departmental meetings over the course of five years... his work consisted of hosting monthly one-on-ones and giving generic one-liners in our quarterly assessments that included things like, "Making good progress", and "Continue to learn about the Cloud". Why IBM is paying a manager six figures to do what any functional adult could do is beyond me. Because my manager knew so little about the work my team did, he frequently mis-hired people, which only added to our collective workload. At one point, he hired a contractor who couldn't grasp basic computer concepts (I thought this was a tech company?). After six months of agony, he finally acquiesced to the team's demands and let her go. Recently, the company underwent another "restructuring" and guess who survived the large-scale layoff? Not the data scientist with a PhD. Not the distinguished engineer with multiple patents. Nope. He did. This appears to be a very common theme throughout the company. Just about everywhere you look, you'll see layers of ineffective managers that are being paid high salaries and are immune to -

Pros

Some departments allow you to work from home

Cons

No job security

A lost company

A lost company. Always following and copying, never leading. Employees are scared to lose their jobs which makes for a terrible work environment. Everyone out for themselves.

Flexible work time and challenging opportunities.

Because IBM is a large company, there is range of skills you can gain. I was asked about the area I want to focus on during onboarding (I said AI/ML), and actually all I worked on was relevant jobs. You'll get true work experience in modern technologies to build solutions for famous big companies.

fine to work with IBM.

Nice to work with IBM. Good Opportunities , Learning and Training. Collaboration with different teams , good hike and promotion. Exposure to Different technologies.

Jobs at IBM

Developer positions
See more jobs

Very fair and great opportunity

Very fair and great opportunity and extend to work had great time and learnt all new technologies and trained in cognos tm1 and performed very vital role

One of the most fun, yet challenging work places. Everyone is great.

IBM provides flexibility for work/life. Some remote access to work from home. Provides a cafeteria with free snacks, coffee, and soda. Play areas with table games and a place to unwind. People seem happier and more laid back at IBM than most of the other tech companies.

IBM is very good company

I am happy with IBM . IBM is very good brand all over the world . Good company and flexible life . Client are good and IBM giving very good service to their clients .

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. Good for learning new technologies and got a very good chance to work on different environments. It helped me to enhance my skills.

flexible working hours.

IBM is having some of the good leaders and flexible working hours as pros. But the problem with IBM is slow growth and lesser salary compared to market. IBM need to change it's old working style and they should take some bold actions to speed their plans/actions.

Pros

free tea

Good work Culture. Work life balanced.

Wonderful place to work. Good learning and friendly environment. It would be amazing if it include more hikes and bonus. Over all experience is great.

Greate place to work

Everyone should work at least A year in IBM. Salary gets credited on the last working day of the month. Work from home facility - based on your understanding with your manager, you get to work from home few days a month. There are some goodies (e.g: T-Shirt, Mug and Book). They are very low in quality - but hey its free!

Professional people using the IBM methodology

Most of the permanent employees are familiar with doing things the IBM way. Of course there is a management hierarchy that extends vertically and horizontally. The concerns of your business unit may be impacted by adjacent business units but it is easy to get assistance on any task. There are plenty of people willing to assist you.

Was great place to work

Nice work life balance,Job satisfaction,was great to learn new things ,gave opportunity to create new reports for the leadership.also gave opportunity to create new frameworks

Very dis satisfying overall.

I have worked with IBM with a vendor payroll, my experience with IBM was totally different from the permanent folks. still worth learning from experiences.

Happy to go back.

Pros Good company to get highly skilled on your interested platform You can get unlimited work from home. Cons None...its a good company to work with