IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

I loved working for IBM but always lived on the edge wondering if I would have a job the next day. They have so many lay offs. Other then that I enjoyed the company
Good place to work at. I had been there a very long time ago and it was a good place with friendly executives to work with. It is a company which values employees
My experience with IBM was very good and inspiring. sorry cant write share much about the company environment according to their policy of maintaining secrecy.
I enjoyed learning new things and having the opportunity to work on different projects with different systems. I met and worked with a bunch of different people both face to face and via instant chat. I moved into more and more positions of responsibility but the way IBM has it structured is that the only bump in pay you get is if you are actually hired into a different pay band. You start out as contract labor and have to stay there for a period of time (mine was 3 years) until they HAVE to hire you on as what is called "IBM Long Term Supplemental" for 3 years. During that time your rate of pay is locked unless they promote or hire you into a different band AND if you reach the end of your 3 year term they will either decide to hire you on as an IBM employee or you have to go back to contract labor.
Pros
Lots of lunch get togethers and workplace perks like discount movie tickets and such
Cons
Hard to get hired on as an employee, some managers require you to be onsite all the time. Limited work from home opportunites
Extremely busy day with meeting and greeting guests. Management ethics, sportive co-workers, tough to please guests, Event Management and Organising
Pros
Insurance benefits, Perks
Cons
Productive in Knowledge and work. * Coming to the office and logging in to the Avaya And Analysing the client machine and working on it to fix the typical and every day new issues. *Knowledge , work behaviour , Team handling *Management is up to date and supportive. *Not yet * Dealing with different and new issues that never heard of as well.
Pros
Na
Cons
Salary
Typical work time is 8am to 4pm.Work can be hectic if lines of communication are not as open as they should. I learnt to how to work well with people, taking initiative and account for my actions.
Pros
free coffee/tea anytime of the day.
Cons
junior management doesnt have good communication skills.