IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Network Technician

I was excited when I started at IBM, Learning the different technique of how to build different systems to customer standard was very exciting. But when working with some of the people there was very dissatisfying. Some is trying to blame you for things that you can get wrote up for, Some didn't want to show you the whole process of how to complete some of the project, you just place items in servers and their do the rest. some of the manager would tell you "you are not a good fit for the job without telling you why. There was no Work Ethic, mostly everyone had their own agenda. Ether you kiss up or get kicked out and a company of that caliper should not have that in the work place.
Pros
Snack, drinks, coffee, work on some of the older server to learn rebuilds
Cons
Learn on your own dont ask anyone, Read the book don't ask. ve
IBM provides cheap IT services to clients who think they will benefit from outsource the service to a 3rd party.The money making is done through their employees. The company will not invest a dime on employees unless clients pay.The plan is to reduce the amount of people to a minimum, have them work 24/7/365 and bill your client.The 40 hours a week will not get you far, no OT pay, your employee ‘ratings’ depends on the free hours you provide and you are compared to your peers every period.only the ones who provide free (many) hours may see salary increases or bonuses that are a joke.over the years, i saw people dropping like flies and rush to a hospital after being overworked.most companies sign the deal with IBM will not renew after realizing they’ve been had.You will find no love for IBM from employees and management alike.unless you have no others option.. keep looking
Pros
item to add to the resume
Cons
too long to count
Loved every minute of time I worked with IBM. They care about their employees and actually recognize employees for a job done well. Their family / work life balance is impeccable.
Excellent coworkers. Old technology but recently acquired Redhat Cloud. That should be a big bonus to company. They have some really good people there.
This place is for the birds , the training was not that great but you have to have the skills before you get there but even thought you do it may not help that much
Pros
not much here
Cons
not much
I joined IBM's team with a degree that was not comparable to what my job required. IBM told me I was "trainable" and they would sent me to training. I took advantage of every learning opportunity I could as a single mom and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Salary
Cons
N/a
Good managers, good pay. Busy work place, little to no down time. There is always something to do.
At times, playing the hired gun is very handy. The money is good and hours are very flexible. With the Obamacare, health insurance isn't as expensive as it was before. However, advancement is rather difficult since the people who see your good work are clients rather than immediate supervisors.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare and other benefits purchased in after-tax dollars
The most enjoyable part of the job is help the clients (users) and to learn something new everyday. Always something is happening in the technology field.
Great company with plently of growth and education geared toward the future.The employees at (IBM) were among the bests to work with and represented the company very well.
Pros
excellent learning and growth.
Cons
no-con
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?