IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Product Marketing Manager

Great company to work for, good benefits, lots of work but great teamwork atmosphere. The team always covers your back. Great career path it you want to keep advancing but you can do the same thing if you like it and do not want to advance.
Pros
Great work/life balance, teamwork, benefits
Cons
More focus on recruiting and retaining diverse employees to match the diversity of the customer base. There is plenty of diversity however, more is needed at IBM (and most Fortune 100 companies) specifically as it pertains to Blacks in leadership roles. My efforts individually and in conjunction with IBM diverse employee networks to increase general diversity and representation among Blacks is well-documented...in addition to my REAL job. The vision, mission and steps for diversity success continue to be enhanced at IBM as they strive to have their workforce mirror their customer base. That said, I'm hoping they're always looking to improve. Perhaps IBM can share some results oriented things they as a company are doing for greater Black employee recruitment, retention, increased diversity in leadership and to raise the overall bar.
IBM is a well-established company in the tech arena. The teams I work with are incredibly energetic, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and work together and encourage one-another to achieve goals. I thoroughly enjoy working for IBM.
IBM Watson Health is a very innovative and dynamic culture however the constant change in leadership, re-prioritization of projects, lack of funding, and having to navigate the complexities of the greater IBM proves more challenging than the company had realized. There are wonderful and very intelligent people and IBM and Watson Health but Watson Health lacks focus and people are leaving and shifting roles hoping to find new ways to make a difference in a company that is trying to do the right thing for healthcare. However they are slow to achieve anything the market or customers need and are beginning to lose ground in areas where they were once leaders.
IBM provided all the tools and training necessary to be highly successful. What a great place to work. The leadership was excellent, the mentor program was excellent and the people you got to work with were exceptional. This was truly a great place to work
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Definately controls earnings
I was a professional hire into IBM after successfully working. The company is no longer what it was when I hired on - poor executive and middle management, no leadership, etc. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Lack of respect for the employee
All very professional, dedicated, smart, tech-savvy. You get to work with the IBM Fellows, Engineers, and consultants who are at the top of the industry, often with 5-25 patents each
Always running from one project to another. Company claims to be agile but don't adopt the agile practices. As a group, we are understaffed and attempt to complete too much work. As a result, we don't learn from our work experiences and adapt.
I was employed at IBM two decades ago, but my experience at the time was consistently positive. I had excellent opportunities for profession growth, and benefited from the experience of several seasoned managers. The culture fostered teamwork and a commitment to excellence that made for a highly motivating and challenging work environment.
Pros
Superior people to work with and a vast array of resources to call upon.
Cons
At the time, salaries for employees in my position were not as competitive as I would have liked.
every day requirement is different... thats fun.. trying new things are not easy as the company is very much process driven
Pros
work life balance
Cons
top management comes with a mentality of ''keep doing what we are doing till i retire"
Terrific opportunity to learn and work with talented and interesting people from all over the globe.
Pros
Many different positions and divisions to work in
Cons
Salary, promotional, and career advancements are few and far between
Good place to work ! Being one of the largest organizations in the world it has its own pro and cons
IBM has gone too far in outsourcing jobs to lower paying countries. IBM has fallen quite far from its ranking as one of the best places to work.
Pros
competitive salaries
Cons
high-pressure, shrinking budgets