IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Provides a collaborative and competitive environment to work.a lot of career path chalice was available and provide opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
I have been with IBM for nearly 6 years. I have grown a lot in the company and I appreciate it for everything it has done for me. Sometimes it's frustrating because you feel like more could be done to advance against the competition. Salary could be a bit more competitive as well.
Pros
Company Culture and Values
Cons
Company is not making money and that is felt by all.
It is a good organization, maybe for freshers. They provide lot of trainings. Thet have lot of projects to work on. Work from home option is there. Also, one can get schedule flexibility.
Pros
Training, Working from Home
Cons
Pathetic Compensation structure
Great company. They trusted my capabilities and gave my latitude in my decisions. They gave me the tools and power to create, write, price and QA my own global deals to insure a adequate GP.
Pros
the company makes you want to work for them
Cons
Layoffs
Job started great, I learned alot. Then it got boring and no longer challenging. Also was underpaid and the benefits cost alot. The management changed due to some restructuring and they did not stand up for employees
Pros
Easy
Cons
Compensation
Loved working here. Great co-workers. Good managers. Fulfilling work. They pay well and lots of career and education opportunities. Would highly recommend.
IBM is no more an IBM we used to know. Gradually, it's India operation has been filled up with people in middle management who relies more on buttering and saving their own job, rather emerging as a thought provoking leaders. This racket has become fairly large and they never promote employees in actual sense. There are lack of career development and growth opportunities. All policies exists on pen and paper only and twisted as per the management need when it requires to squeeze/corner an employee who is NOT an yes man. It's "you scratch my back, I will do yours" atmosphere created in very organized way. Various operational decisions will flow down and Band 8/9/10 people are only keen to hear from YES MEN!! They created an environment gradually that damaged the harmony, franternity amongst the co-workers and there is a very unhealthy competition to be in manager's good book culture developed. This entire chain is dependant on personal level to each other. Some managers work on behalf of their tower leaders to collect house rent, cheque deposits to the bank, just to satisfy their supervisors for years. Think how they would think of their subordinates!!!?? There have been an unholy nexus formed between project managers, tech managers, tower leads and local HRs where there specific regionality matches, and come down to the employees hard as a gang to supress the employees who raise their voices. There are trememndous level of biasness and nepotism prevailing that has been flowing much above the IBM's policies on record and no senior management desire to look down below, to see - more...
Pros
Learning various courses
Cons
Growth, benifits, people
Constant Uncertainty at work. Pay is very low. No bonus structure. Opportunities to take training through IBM learning portal or outside websites.
It is a world class company it was the best I ever worked at. They are about integrity and number one in Customer Service. Everyone is a team. We always reached our established goals. We enjoyed coming to work.
Pros
Cons
The best ever
The typical work day varied, depending on my work assignments. Ten hour days were my norm. I learned a great deal as I worked to meet the challenges of the various projects I supported. The workplace culture is friendly and business focused, and although teamwork is valued, ultimately you are on your own to make your way. The hardest part of the job was ultimately knowing I was a numbered resource and could be RA'd at any moment. Given that, I enjoyed working with clients and helping make them successful.
Pros
High quality and integrity of colleagues, Positive work environment, Potential to support value added initiatives and drive client success, and thereby promote overall job satisfaction, Decent benefits
Cons
Politics and silos can impede career progression, Every year of employment came with the feeling of unease driven by routine layoffs
I was fortunate to work for great mid level managers however the direction of our segment would change often and was not adequately communicated downstream.
Pros
There are some good people and great talent
Cons
expected to produce results as if you can make the changes needed to accomplish this
The job allowed me to do the job that was needed and the management almost always supported the work that was done. They offered many ports of support or would find that assistance or class that was needed
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Too many layers of management
Heavy downsizing means the remaining employees are overworked. Add no raises in 2 years and you get the picture. If you come here, you’ll get access to great trainings.
Pros
Training
Cons
Work/life balance, pay
Had flexibility to work from home for most of my time there. Good base pay. Benefits were good, but expensive. What is not good is always wondering if you will be next to get “the call”. Constant worry about job security, even with excellent performance reviews.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Constant layoffs
I’ve been working for IBM for over 20 years now. I can say I really love my job as a Project Manager. If we work many overtime hours, we are encouraged to take time off to equalize those hours.Even though I can work with my lower and midlevel management, the upper management doesn’t seem to care. Every couple of years, we have to worry if we are in a department that will get sold off or get a buy-out package offered. Since working there, we have had many benefits like Christmas/Holiday bonuses taken away.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Low Stress, Continuing Education
Cons
Upper Management doesn't care about the lower employees, Losing Customers do to no marketing
The people who are your peers at IBM are fantastic - Hardworking, conscious, smart. IBM management/HR are seemingly always trying to reduce headcount or find ways to make your job more challenging. There is no investment in internal structures/systems.
Pros
Peers are great benefits excellent
Cons
Management is awful
- career growth depends often on managers willingness to support you- nice working culture, with fun colleagues and events- great to start you career
IBM needs to improve on some factors, in people management. The first line needs to be more discerning with employees and not favor some. IBM provide improvement course on each service line
work life balance is perfect, flexible work timings, mobile working, management is very good, monthly online training's to keep you updated, Middle management is very good
I enjoyed working there. We worked 13 hour days but only worked 3.5 days a week. It was a challenging project. I was disappointed when the projected ended and there were no other project opportunities available as promised.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Laid-off
Enjoyed working there, nice people, international environment, great carrier opportunities. Good benefits. Flexible working, great team and managers.
Pros
All good