IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for SSR

Work–Life Balance

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,773 reviews

It was hard work but rewarding

I worked on multiple projects all over the DMV area. I would meet new and exciting folks along the way. The work was hard and at times stressfull but I was able to gain a lot of knowledge to move onto the next chapter.

Don't work for them as a contractor. It's close to slavery

They pay contractors way way less then their regular fulltime workers even though you are doing the same work. They give you only a couple of days vacation. While the real fulltimers get weeks of vacation contractors only get a few days. You are on call 24/7. They dont train you properly then get angry at you for not knowing. If they don't like you they will railroad you into failure and try to make it seem your fault. Management is a joke constantly changing. Your job is constantly at risk even for full-timers. If work becomes slow they will fire someone or ask them to resign. Then when it picks up they will rush to move around existing employees and then hire someone else in that position. Beware if you are making good money 25+ and hour now. Please avoid them as they will cut your pay and will not negotiate your pay.Business practices . They hire contractors and then replace them with fulltime workers all the while atringing you along like they are going to keep you on board

Pros

Not having to interact with supervisor or coworkers on daily basis.

Cons

Shady under everything.

Ibm company is not a good company to work for.

IBM now is not the old ibm company that it once was. Most of the mangers are horrible to work for. You get No raises. They lay-off a lot. I also feel I don’t have any type of job security.

Pros

It’s a paycheck

Cons

The job sucks

Buen ambiente

Buena empresa con buenas prestaciones y buena cultura laboral

Training

Its been great working there lots of free training. It has great flex time. You work hard and get your work done you can have some down time . I place to learn new IT skills

Man In A Van

Manage service calls for trouble electronics. Priorities calls and create a route for success. Resolve hardware, software, network related issue. Repair pc, printers, point of sale, phones, servers, switches, satellite, alarms, installs, relocations, de-installs, upgrades, and projects. Just a man in a van doing what we can.

Pros

Freedom to be own boss

Cons

on call rotation and weekend/ holiday work (short staff issues)

Not enough employess

IBM needs to hire qualified people. Right now they just let people quit or retire and never replace them. On top of that they want you to seek out more contract work. We do not have enough people to cover the work already assigned, people are working all different shifts through out the week, it is horrible.

Good place to start and that's about it

Good place to work if you are looking for IT experience but basically that is it. I mean the benefits are great and the schedule is pretty nice most of the time. But after three years with no raise and no raise in sight and nowhere to move up from here it is time to move on.