IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Senior Project Manager

Work–Life Balance

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,767 reviews

There is NO Job security, when Program finish your Out.

I worked for IBM for 3.5 years, the first 1.5 as a contract before going permanent with them. Only 2 years later when the account was closed, the permanents were the first to go. During this time I received very little training or advice for advancement.

Pros

Workspace is generally good.

Cons

Poor IBM infrastructure, they relie on the client hardware to run.

An enjoyable 7 years

I spent 7 years with IBM on the NAB account. In 2012 I was award the IBM eminence and excellence award for Project Management. IBM is a world leader in Technology and I gained immerse experience from my time there.

Low salary but good place to work

Salary offered has got discrepancies Mixed colleagues Biased and opinionated views management perception opinionated human Resources is not effective no provision for billing for bench resources

Cons

IBM and IAG are great places to work, great people, great culture

IBM and IAG are great places to work, great people, great culture. I would highly recommend both for a cross section of diverse and challenging projects

Highly process-oriented, complex organisation

I've had the pleasure to work with some highly intelligent people on 5 continents through my various roles at IBM and feel it has been great preparation for any other large organisations in future. Projects tended to span business divisions, teams, and geography, often utilising resources (people) from other accounts to achieve outcomes. This means multiple levels of reporting and accountability for all the staff working on your projects - it adds several layers of complexity and keeps the job interesting. One of the most process-driven organisations I have ever worked in, IBM puts process before it's other objectives, and often the most effective way to achieve a result is to go through the process change process in order to amend the current processes to accommodate the current circumstance and tailor the process to the project's requirements where this is an option. The most enjoyable part of the job was the direct interaction with clients, occasionally on-site with clients overseas. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with arbitrary deadlines or losing resources (Staff working on projects running on schedule tend to be re-allocated to troubled projects).

Pros

Reputable company with plenty of work

Cons

Frequent layoffs created atmosphere of fear, lack of resources

Working at IBM

A typical day at work starts with reading emails to learn status. After that, the day is planned for work, meetings and keeping some buffer time to take into account unplanned meetings/managing unknown risks. Every day it is a learning experience with new learnings to be picked and/or existing learnings improved upon. New learnings are the most enjoyable and challenging part of my job. The toughest part of the job is attending meetings where I am merely listening :-)

Pros

Work Culture and work-life balance

Cons

Poor pay and chances of improvement

Jobs at IBM