IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Senior Project Manager in Melbourne VIC

Work–Life Balance

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,778 reviews

IBM and IAG are great places to work, great people, great culture

IBM and IAG are great places to work, great people, great culture. I would highly recommend both for a cross section of diverse and challenging projects

An enjoyable 7 years

I spent 7 years with IBM on the NAB account. In 2012 I was award the IBM eminence and excellence award for Project Management. IBM is a world leader in Technology and I gained immerse experience from my time there.

Highly process-oriented, complex organisation

I've had the pleasure to work with some highly intelligent people on 5 continents through my various roles at IBM and feel it has been great preparation for any other large organisations in future. Projects tended to span business divisions, teams, and geography, often utilising resources (people) from other accounts to achieve outcomes. This means multiple levels of reporting and accountability for all the staff working on your projects - it adds several layers of complexity and keeps the job interesting. One of the most process-driven organisations I have ever worked in, IBM puts process before it's other objectives, and often the most effective way to achieve a result is to go through the process change process in order to amend the current processes to accommodate the current circumstance and tailor the process to the project's requirements where this is an option. The most enjoyable part of the job was the direct interaction with clients, occasionally on-site with clients overseas. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with arbitrary deadlines or losing resources (Staff working on projects running on schedule tend to be re-allocated to troubled projects).

Pros

Reputable company with plenty of work

Cons

Frequent layoffs created atmosphere of fear, lack of resources

Jobs at IBM