IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Technical Support Representative

Work–Life Balance

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,777 reviews

Management was not good

Learned a lot , but it was all calling . I spent almost 2 years 6 months, enjoyed my journey , but Favoritism is there . Preferences will not be entertained , low salary , not upto the mark. Tenure time is too much.

IBM was my first real job

I have 3 daughters and 3 grandsons. I have above average intelligence and I made a lot of friends at IBM and with the customers I serviced. Lots of company get togethers

Pros

Awards for good performance

Cons

No company car

Wonderful place to work if you get put on the right account.

Great benefits, work/life balance, and opportunity to work with different departments and vendors. Good place to be introverted without being ostracized for it. Only down side is the lack of room for advancement within the same account. If you don't mind moving around and on-call work you'll enjoy yourself and learn alot.

Productive and fun workplace

There's an opportunity for growth and development. A lot of fun people at the workplace. You're really getting what you been into and the company makes you feel welcome

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Short breaks

Empresa altamente competitiva

Ofrecen múltiples beneficios dentro y fuera de la empresa, como por ejm convenios. Ambiente laboral muy bueno, comunicación asertiva, el trato con los superiores es muy ameno pero sin salir de lo profesional. El esfuerzo que se ponga valdrá la pena para una futura promoción, también hay un buen balance entre vida personal y laboral, al ser un puesto operativo, simplemente consiste en cumplir un horario y listo.

Pros

Seguro médico privado, convenios y descuentos, equipo de trabajo cómodo.

Cons

Salario

The 26 yrs was Great

Field Tech for IBM Point of Sales Division. Then helped get rid of my job, unknowingly. By helping co workers with Remote call screening, tips and technical support with action plan for the Field tech.

Pros

Really felt involved at work.

Cons

close their Point of Sales Division. No Software training left me out in the Cold

Depends on the work life balance and how we see things.

While working with IBM I couldn't manage work life cycle. I lost complete balance because we used to work 10 hrs a day with only 1 hour break. IBM is a very productive place to work and if you are complete career focused person you can go with IBM.

it was ok.

it was ok. the work environment was alright, facilities are ok, the people are ok as well. it was really close to where i live. there are near by restaurant for food as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job

It is when you received an irate call and along the conversation and troubleshooting that you did for the user they turned into a satisfied user and you can make sure you will have a commendation call

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work, no or little support from Management. Do not care about employees,once you have done your job they find a convenient why to get rid off you.

Jobs at IBM

Technical Support Representative positions
See more jobs

Hello no comment

If the management and processes are done from an out of Bulgaria manager or team it will be better. It is a secure place to work but it is not good for young people.

fun place to work with

Company has good environment specially the play are where in you can play video games during lunch break or use the karaoke. They also provide discounts for some establishments specially the tie up they have with Fitness Gym in which is very helpful to the health of the employees. Great perks also to motivate the agents to achieve the quota.

Fun Workplace

Great Place to Work. Meet interesting and helpful people. People are always willing to assist you whenever possible. Many different career paths to explore.

Pros

pay

A great work place under a great management

You will feel a positive ambience always at the work place. And the management treat you like humans unlike other companies I have worked which is like a robot.

Bpo

Good place to work, good management, teamwork is the key and a satisfying job experience. It is a growing company and a good place to work. Management is very understanding.

Horrible day at IBM

My days were long at IBM I never had time to learn anything, I was too swamped to take any classes. Management was horrible No culture The hardest part of my job was being able to take a class or leave on time

My experience as an IBM Technical Support Employee

The experience was really great. I learned a lot of things and grew as a person and as a professional in my time of stay in IBM Philippines. The Management as well is great and they never left our side when it comes to decisions. The hardest part of the job is when there are customers that doesn't even listen to what we are trying to say to help them, sometimes they even tell us to resign because the issue that they are calling for support is already out of our departments scope. The most enjoyable part of the job is the workplace because everyone is great and helps one another in times of need.

Nice Place To Work

Overall, the other employees were the best part of working at IBM. They made it quite tolerable. Management didn't follow through with promises, we were paid very low because we start out as contractors.

Pros

insurance was great, project was flexible

Cons

low pay, poor management, building was hazardous

Good place to work Pay is a little less compared to any other company. they should promote more internal job postings. if you are a fresher you might get confused .

IBM is a great place to learn technical troubleshooting skills and provide phone support

It's a nice temporary position but the hours/shifts are not easy to get used to, and once your get comfortable with the client (account), they have a tendency to move people to other support desks. The people are great.

Pros

Learn valuable skills

Cons

only managers are permanent

Management Latinoamericano

Con mucha vision la empresa pero al llevarlo al ritmo latinoamericano, se pierden valores importantes. La cuenta en la que trabajo no se como sobre vive.

Pros

Transporte