IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Employee Reviews for Technician

Subcontracting for IBM: Pros: documentation and call in support for contract techs is pretty good. Reasonable compensation for gas. Cons: Often had to drive an hour or more for a client. Drive time is not paid. Low wages for subcontractors.
Best job i have ever had . good managers good training all round good felt supported by managers and colleges well looked after, If you get an job offer I would take it ,
IBM is a pretty good place to work with as long as you are in a good project. The facilities provided by IBM might not be so great but they definitely cover the needs.
If you are lucky enough to become an IBM employee right out of High School or College, and fall under the Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employment laws, this is your lucky break. To say that IBM employees have cushy jobs would be a gross understatement - most so-called "professional" IBM jobs (at least at certain campuses in the USA) at this point are no more than wealthy welfare / nursery / kindergarten positions, where over 95% of full-time employees don't do anything aside from discussing lunch plans, shopping for new cars/homes, restoring their terraces, or deciding whether to come to work or stay home for the next two weeks to a month - all on a full-time salary. Many veteran IBM employees (who have been at IBM for more than 20 years) don't even know how to use MS Word or Excel, and they are considered Senior Developers / Project Managers. With current skills an average IBM employee has, outside their current positions, they would hardly ever be able to find another job in any field, let alone Technology. Real work at IBM is done ON BEHALF of full-time employee groups by on-/off-site and overseas temporary contractors (now primarily from India), who have very little to no flexibility, no support, and are treated like dirt by imbecile, highly incompetent American IBM managers, whose goal is to win the corporate rat race by making up more nonsensical, fraudulent, deceptive, or simply non-existent projects and proposing those projects to their equally or more incompetent superiors - to win big development budgets and to justify maintenance budgets. Most of them - more...
Initially, management was all about the numbers which put a strain on the team because of the added and unnecessary stress. Management changed and so did the culture on the team for the better. For the remainder of my time there I really enjoyed working with the team of highly skilled techs.
Basically working in Ibm was really fun,colleagues get along together regardless of race language and religion,respect and trust is the most important thing of working there.Obedient,Honest,Support. A typical day at work-Wait for orders to be distributed to us,and together as a team,we build a server rack.If not we just stand bydo something that is necessary like Inventory Oversight and mostly learn other department jobscope if no orders are issued. The hardest part of the job ,for me...being able to multi task during busy period where customer decided to Order Tons of Rack Servers,I also do Tearing down of Servers that are Cancelled.I do need support from 1-2 colleagues,especially carrying heavy loads,loading or unloading The most enjoyable part ,Is free Gym Facility
The back Manger there treated you like a white Person He hated white people. They should fire the manager bad job over all. They should close the site down
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
There are no cons
You will never get any where with the amount they pay you, neither you will advance in your career. the management treat you as a tool to fulfill the client deadline.
I have been working for IBM Watson Health for almost 4 years. I have learned a lot and training is great, but as IBM is changing and growing, there isn't much job security or growth at this time.
My typical day would be spent providing SAN support for multiple large customers which taught me how best to cope when under pressure and manage different customer expectations. I came across many supportive people which made it a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was to cross train offshore teams, the language barrier sometimes made it difficult to get the message across. The most enjoyable part of my job was implementing working SAN environments which the customers were happy with.
Very nice culture and excellent training. Friendly work place with professional staff. HR is very helpful with benefits and I really appreciate working for IBM
Was a nightmare, no respect for their employees, no care for employee well being. Treated everyone like they were replaceable in an instant, relied too much on quotas, made employees feel like they didnt belong.
Only worked as a contractor. There were no opportunities for permanent work. Direct hires were all unsatisfied with their jobs and would not recommend IBM to their friends.
At the time, what we did was fun work (worked in banks We did hardware upgrades in the evening when most of the bank staff were not there We spent a few hours doing the work, then we were complete - I did this a few times for a few months
This was my first job when I moved to Canada. This was my first Onsite job. IBM followed the ITIL Foundation which made the transition from working with Hewlett Packard previously very easy for me. IBM were very focused on strong communication. What I took from this position was the ability to adapt to new technologies quickly.
Pros
Professionalism and Working Environment
build technician, building of machinery according to orders, learn lots of basic tools handling. management not really active in taking care of their employee.
Pros
short hours of work
Cons
nothing much to do if there's no order
Once management changed, things got too stressful. My former shift lead was promoted to manager but he definitely was not fit to be a manager. He was put there because he had been there the longest when the other manager quit. A good 6, from a 15 person team, eventually found other jobs because the new manager liked to micromanage and was incompetent. That is ultimately the main reason I also found another job simply because I couldn't deal with the constant micromanaging even though I was there for 3 years and knew how to do my job well. If it wasn't for the new manager, I wouldv'e never left.
Pros
Snack, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Management, unpaid lunch, high turnover
For me it was 12 hours of non-stop something, there was always something to do or learn. While working for IBM I learned how to program Scanning electron microscopes, before this I was making pizza, they absolutely will give you the training you need to get the job done. When the facility is busy or having problems the management team was there working with us to get things fixed and back on track. The hardest part of the job for me was the lack of staffing, especially in later years it just didn't seem like we had the people we needed to get all the work done. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to train other employees on extremely complex tasks and seeing them be able to execute them flawlessly after the training was complete.
Excellent job loved the work that I did there for that company. Great learning experience doing Remote Reimaging, Team Dispatch, In charge of Team SLA's on ticketing system. I was given 2-3 roles and loved that that they allow me to do so much so that I was not bored in a one function job role.
All staffs are very nice. But I am not working direct under IBM. My previous company (Tech Express) took the electrical installation contract. Even though IBM's staffs are so kind.
My workday was fulling I learned about a lot of different thing about severs.The people was really nice to work with.The hardest part was when you trying to add the littlest part to make your machine work but when it finally came together you felt very proud of yourself
Pros
awards