IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Culture reviews

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 73 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,826 reviews

Typical big corporate organization.

Lots of layers of management and comparative culture to get good jobs, lots of inexperienced employees. Too many people involved in simple decisions. Rely on their size and reputationbl rather results.

Pros

Great offices

Cons

Management is poor

A typical day is busy. Organize it the way needed to be. Everyone very helpful, work as professionals minding yours on business. Very competitive and decent culture.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Fixed term employment

Best consultancy experience

Plenty of learning and exciting projects. Intellectual work culture. Great people. Great benefits. Travel opportunities. Computer technology pioneer and Global leader.

Pros

Innovative company

Cons

Utilisation

Diverse work culture. Opportunities are earned not given out based on years of service. Rewards are based on service delivery, reflecting committment

Team work is .essential, with ability to work under pressure and ability to work autonomously critical. Imperative that employees are focused and able to deliver on time and within budget. Job expectations are high with rewards given for good performance. Strong and diverse work culture, with IBM regularly taking out awards for their focus on diversity. Ability to adapt to change is critical in all aspects of positions available.

Excellent employer

Provides a collaborative and competitive environment to work.a lot of career path chalice was available and provide opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.

Good place to work, though highly dependant on business unit

IBM for me has been a good place to work, though other peoples views will vary hugely based on which part of the business they are in, with many having much more negative experiences. Very sales focused culture & quarterly managed business. Never standing still, the business and people are subject to constant change to meet changing priorities and customer needs. Great people to work with, though a fairly high level of churn with people coming and going.

A lot of Learning opportunities

Overall my experience - we can learn a lot and grow in IBM A lot of traveling involved in a short span of time Multi culture environment. Most of them are very friendly and co-operative

Great work life balance

Great company for working parents - the trade off is a lower salary though... nice offices but you also have to work really hard and play the politics game to get ahead at IBM...

Typical large company

My experience depended heavily on the line management for the role I was in. With a good manager it was a fair place to work, with other management it was driven by politics with little support for employees.

This is a small industry and I do not intend to comment

This company was good to work for. I dont believe its appropriate to pass comment on an organizations in a small it industry. The culture was great. Management was great

Jobs at IBM

See more jobs

Relaxed work environment

Overall good experience with IBM Management is supportive Good work life balance The work culture is really good Enjoyed the work at IBM Opportunity to learn new technologies

Excellent

Solid career path; strong management; overseas travel and opportunities; comprehensive training; leadership opportunities; strong engagement with IBM stakeholders and customers

Great flexibility and managers give their team power to make decisions and lead strategic initiatives. Would recommend IBM to friends and family as a great place to work.

First 8 years of employment was fulfilling. Thereafter, work culture took a decline

Initially eight - 10 years was fulfilling and challenging. Unfortunately, thereafter, with change in manager and management the wok culture was much to be desired.

Great place to work, great experience gained and many new skills to learn. A place with the best possible processes in place, and met some fantastic people.

Great teams and strong leadership

A great team spirit supported by experienced and well led managers great conditions with flexible work locations and working hours. Lots of opportunities to maintain certifications through annual training being provided to all staff

Pros

Great support and team spirit

Cons

Staff not always recognised and appreciated

gestion administrativa buena

Durante el tiempo que trabaje alli, el ambiente laboral fue bueno

Broad depth of experiences and large network developed

I was able to travel, meet people from different cultures and utilise collective minds to solve some of the most challenging business problems, generating happy customers. The many different experiences helped shape a desire for continuous learning, seeking new possibilities and helping clients gain competitive advantages from which improved results follow.

Worked with some good people but IBM culture was bad

Lack of career advancement. IBM were looking to outsource the helpdesk and other support teams to India so the overall mood wasn't great among staff members.

My journey

I had a fantastic 37 year career with IBM in business management. The values learnt provided my family with the guidance in our journey through life. The culture is based upon respect for all. I look back and realise it was "living the dream". It wasn't always easy, but I was always more than happy to dedicate myself to whatever was required. I guess that's what being an IBMer is all about. What IBM deserves from me and my family is a great big THANK YOU !

Pros

The culture

Cons

nothing I can think of

IBM is not for everybody.

A once great company that has been ruined by off-shoring; outsourcing; lay-offs and constant internal restructuring. The number one topic of conversation each week was who was being made redundant that week. A very negative culture. Some of the people are very loyal & great to work with.

Pros

Other employees.

Cons

Negative management culture
  • IBM