IBM

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance
3.5Job Security & Advancement

Found 136 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,820 reviews

Upper Management doesn’t care about bulk employees

My full time work experience with IBM as an entry level Graduate certainly could’ve been better. I started as an intern 5 years ago and the internship is a great experience and a great entry level into the corporate world. Once I started full time, COVID was thrust upon us and the level of support I had while working from home wasn’t great. As a graduate and as someone who is just starting their career I don’t think IBM truly understood the importance of being in the office for our social lives, for networking purposes that are important for all careers and for our mental health. Working from home may have its perks but I felt like my career was going no where during this period. I can only hope that others can progress their career post covid as a young graduate.

Pros

Great entry level job

Cons

Lack of support from upper management

Too focussed on Dollars to care about people

Every time we had a vacancy in our team the vacancy was not clear to be filled for at least 3 months. This went on many times. I thought the management structure above me was particularly vague, and the only time I met my bosses boss was when there was a lot of trouble in the work place.

Great team, but…

The interview process was quite quick as I had only one interview. I thought this was a good, but I now think we should have more steps so we can understand each other.

Pros

Mentors were awesome. Professional.

Cons

Many coworkers work off hours

Never got a payise or bonus in 6 years

For other they say it's been 15 years since a payrise and they expect you to be performance reviewed? What's the point in being reviewed if your not getting anything out of it.

Pros

Work family friendly roster

Cons

No career progress

No work life balance, senior leadership is very poor

Churn and burn, working for an American company they don't really care about employees in Australia. Too slow to adapt as the company is too top heavy.

Turning around

Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Constant restructuring

A typical day is busy. Organize it the way needed to be. Everyone very helpful, work as professionals minding yours on business. Very competitive and decent culture.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Fixed term employment

Big Blue is greatest company

I had started from call taker in 2001 and ended as a senior business analyst of whole AP regions countries.If you work hard, you will get it.Good company

Pros

Clear carrier pass

Cons

Relaxed work culture with minimal politics

This place is stress-free and they work very well with each individual to make sure their work/home/uni life is balanced. They cater to Uni students very well.

Pros

Company laptop

Cons

Very little career progression assistance

Best consultancy experience

Plenty of learning and exciting projects. Intellectual work culture. Great people. Great benefits. Travel opportunities. Computer technology pioneer and Global leader.

Pros

Innovative company

Cons

Utilisation

Remuneration is commensurate with expectations/workload

After 20 years I have seen many changes in IBM and what was once a great company to work for as it has afforded me many benefits in my personal life, has changed so dramatically and working for IBM has become extremely challenging for most people. From an education/skills point of view, you couldn't ask for more, it is excellent for upskilling oneself.

Excellent employer

Provides a collaborative and competitive environment to work.a lot of career path chalice was available and provide opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.

A great experience

The work was fairly fast paced and interesting. We had a great team that did some fantastic work. At the time IBM were only just beginning to come to terms with working from home and other life balancing options.

IBM is an excellent organisation

IBM has a good work-life balance, supports its employees well, and promotes self-development. The senior leadership team is highly motivated and transparent.

A lot of Learning opportunities

Overall my experience - we can learn a lot and grow in IBM A lot of traveling involved in a short span of time Multi culture environment. Most of them are very friendly and co-operative

Good Working Environment

IBM is big IT company, doing support for big enterprise customers, so the working environment was professional. While working there, I able to learn and experience a lot with new, innovative technologies and big IT systems

This is a small industry and I do not intend to comment

This company was good to work for. I dont believe its appropriate to pass comment on an organizations in a small it industry. The culture was great. Management was great

Relaxed work environment

Overall good experience with IBM Management is supportive Good work life balance The work culture is really good Enjoyed the work at IBM Opportunity to learn new technologies

Excellent

Solid career path; strong management; overseas travel and opportunities; comprehensive training; leadership opportunities; strong engagement with IBM stakeholders and customers

this was 13 years ago - IBM will be a different company

this was 13 years ago - IBM will be a different company, it had great projects and very ordinary projects - the best were some of the best work times I have experienced

Mutual Trust and Respect Prevails at all Times

Great company for work life balance, good salary, travel opportunities. Not so great for learning and growth. IBM will always remain my personal mecca!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IBM with