IBM logo
IBM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IBM Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance
3.5Pay & Benefits

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,826 reviews

Remuneration is commensurate with expectations/workload

After 20 years I have seen many changes in IBM and what was once a great company to work for as it has afforded me many benefits in my personal life, has changed so dramatically and working for IBM has become extremely challenging for most people. From an education/skills point of view, you couldn't ask for more, it is excellent for upskilling oneself.

Best consultancy experience

Plenty of learning and exciting projects. Intellectual work culture. Great people. Great benefits. Travel opportunities. Computer technology pioneer and Global leader.

Pros

Innovative company

Cons

Utilisation

A lot of Learning opportunities

Overall my experience - we can learn a lot and grow in IBM A lot of traveling involved in a short span of time Multi culture environment. Most of them are very friendly and co-operative

Great work life balance

Great company for working parents - the trade off is a lower salary though... nice offices but you also have to work really hard and play the politics game to get ahead at IBM...

Mutual Trust and Respect Prevails at all Times

Great company for work life balance, good salary, travel opportunities. Not so great for learning and growth. IBM will always remain my personal mecca!

good company

nice experience. helped a lot during pregnancy. good company. low salary. less hike . work life balance . learnt a lot of new technologies. Management is also good.

Poor work culture, takes advantage of Australian workforce

GPromotes people that treat staff badly, good people are retrenched. Hires people as contractors so they get NO benefits at all and in fact are treated as employees, no independance at all. Company very unfair.

Pros

work from home

Cons

poor work ethic

Flexible working Environment

. Flexible Working Hour : 7am to 3pm or 10 am to 6 pm . Working From Home . Organization changed quite often ( 3 to 6 Months) . Cross Skill opportunities

Pros

Working Environment

Cons

Low Salary

A long time ago

I enjoyed working in the city. This was a very demanding job with long hours needed to complete bids and proposals. Overall I enjoyed the challenge of this position.

not good

I worked from agent. 6 month, I got a new job and i decide resign. in the contract, agent didn't tell me, if resign without contract renewal time, they will not pay last 2 weeks salary. I didn't get last 2 weeks salary. Terrible work place.

Jobs at IBM

See more jobs

Productive and friendly tram

The IBM is one of the largest companies in the world.I have taken many long hours in somedays.IBM has the friendly culture of working with many benefits.The hardest part of the job is quite periods.

Pros

free brakfast

Old-school Enterprise IT firm, trying to change

IBM could have been great but is let down by onerous bureaucracy, favoritism and poor or non-existent leadership. Workplace culture is oppressive and diminishing. Management varies between great and awful. The most enjoyable aspect is that IBM was a great company and the depth of knowledge and understanding is second to none - there is nothing the company cannot do, but they cannot overcome the inertia. You spend your whole time having to justify your existence and constantly looking for work as this counts towards your internal assessments. Too often left high and dry on the bench when plenty of work was available.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

No job security at all, favoritism in management.

flexible working hours

flexible working hoursworking with highly qualified peoplehigh calibre managementgood workplace cultureworking in extreme time zonechallenging job

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Large organisation that is losing control

The 'new' IBM is a result of transitioning the business from a leading hardware manufacturer to purely a services organisation. The old/traditional management has left long ago, and now the business is failing under poor / inexperienced executive direction. I fear that 'Big Blue' is in for dark days ahead...

Pros

Great work-life balance

Cons

No care for workers, no good benefits, poor money

Workplace and Management

Workplace culture is not good enough. Management is not good enough and not encouraging. Not enough salary. Not enough reward for employee working hard.

Pros

Communication

Cons

Low salary but good place to work

Salary offered has got discrepancies Mixed colleagues Biased and opinionated views management perception opinionated human Resources is not effective no provision for billing for bench resources

Corporate Excel Jockeys!

Managers are children No help offered only target conscious Not Partner friendly go where the deal is regardless of longer term commitment of incumbent businesses. Call centre is a 'joke'

Pros

Salary, People

Cons

Excel, Managers

Very stressful environment

Managing multiple clients while working there. Company expected staff working 24x7. Too many layers and sometimes a simple IT job will be delayed due to multiple layers are not working together.

Pros

Good paid

Cons

Working with IBM for a short period of time was really a challenge to me at the time. I had a good time at work. I have learned a lot from them too. The management was good.

Pros

Restaurant inside the building

Cons

workplace culture

Work/life balance but not much else

learned a lot for 5 years, great work life balance as I worked from home. Last 2 years I was stagnated, nocareer opportunity, no pay adjustment or close to zero. My fault, I should have left! No benefits, not even coffee in the office. I was lucky to work remotely so did not suffer the offices dowsing that massive.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Bad pay, no career opportunities

IBM is cost cutting and moving whatever they can off shore

The work life balance is good, They are moving whatever jobs they can off shore, to cut costs. There are many areas to work in, but job security is not great and moral is fairly low.
  • IBM