IBM

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance
3.5Pay & Benefits

Found 115 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,820 reviews

People are great, process is too complex for no reason

Great place to learn, if you are patient, tolerant and have genuine IT passion. As a global company you can really feel lost and forgotten easily. Too many red tags and unnecessary process complexity.

Pros

Work flexibility

Cons

Long hours, everything is needed yesterday yet the answers will come next month. Maybe. Up to you.

No work life balance, senior leadership is very poor

Churn and burn, working for an American company they don't really care about employees in Australia. Too slow to adapt as the company is too top heavy.

Good place to start as a fresher

A decent place for graduates and work life balance is very good. If you are technical and really want to work with latest/trending technologies, you should consider some other place.

Pros

Pay is decent, work from home flexibility, good people, excellent learning portal, globally recognised

Cons

The work can be boring sometimes

Turning around

Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Constant restructuring

A typical day is busy. Organize it the way needed to be. Everyone very helpful, work as professionals minding yours on business. Very competitive and decent culture.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Fixed term employment

Big Blue is greatest company

I had started from call taker in 2001 and ended as a senior business analyst of whole AP regions countries.If you work hard, you will get it.Good company

Pros

Clear carrier pass

Cons

Relaxed work culture with minimal politics

This place is stress-free and they work very well with each individual to make sure their work/home/uni life is balanced. They cater to Uni students very well.

Pros

Company laptop

Cons

Very little career progression assistance

Best consultancy experience

Plenty of learning and exciting projects. Intellectual work culture. Great people. Great benefits. Travel opportunities. Computer technology pioneer and Global leader.

Pros

Innovative company

Cons

Utilisation

Remuneration is commensurate with expectations/workload

After 20 years I have seen many changes in IBM and what was once a great company to work for as it has afforded me many benefits in my personal life, has changed so dramatically and working for IBM has become extremely challenging for most people. From an education/skills point of view, you couldn't ask for more, it is excellent for upskilling oneself.

Excellent employer

Provides a collaborative and competitive environment to work.a lot of career path chalice was available and provide opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.

A great experience

The work was fairly fast paced and interesting. We had a great team that did some fantastic work. At the time IBM were only just beginning to come to terms with working from home and other life balancing options.

IBM is an excellent organisation

IBM has a good work-life balance, supports its employees well, and promotes self-development. The senior leadership team is highly motivated and transparent.

Good Working Environment

IBM is big IT company, doing support for big enterprise customers, so the working environment was professional. While working there, I able to learn and experience a lot with new, innovative technologies and big IT systems

This is a small industry and I do not intend to comment

This company was good to work for. I dont believe its appropriate to pass comment on an organizations in a small it industry. The culture was great. Management was great

Relaxed work environment

Overall good experience with IBM Management is supportive Good work life balance The work culture is really good Enjoyed the work at IBM Opportunity to learn new technologies

Excellent

Solid career path; strong management; overseas travel and opportunities; comprehensive training; leadership opportunities; strong engagement with IBM stakeholders and customers

Excellent work life balance at IBM

Wonderful times at IBM - so sorry to leave. Excellent mix of travel all throughout ASIAPAC and ANZ. Management changed regularly though and this did affect the balance of our team.

Mutual Trust and Respect Prevails at all Times

Great company for work life balance, good salary, travel opportunities. Not so great for learning and growth. IBM will always remain my personal mecca!

Poor place to contribute your value

Poor place to work and no life future when you are older. The whole company is a business focused machine but no human touch. I would not recommend any one To work Here. Wasting life and time

Great Work Ethic Taught

Long hours but enjoyable teams to work with. I was consistently learning from others. Flexibility was good unless you where dedicated to a client site. Some clients showed little respect for individuals which was a little disappointing however my manager was always proactive

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Very nice place to work at.

Very nice place to work at. Nice management. Lots of growth opportunities. The company encourages to develop new skills and offer lots of paid certifications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IBM with

• IBM
  • Work–Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?