IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Australia77 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 77 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,659 reviews

Respectful of workplace work conditions and job.

Each day is different and joyful. The guests are always happy with understanding. The problem I have is that the hotel is grossly undervalued in terms of guest demand for services and the room prices paid.

Pros

Duty meals.

Cons

Understaffing.

Take your selfie, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube pic / video and leave

30+ new hires every fortnight usually unskilled backpackers with limited English and poor work ethic.Management is clueless and is very into their cliques.Full of Gen Z’s, who get offended or triggered by everything and spend more time bit ching or gossiping than doing any work.5* Prices but 1* service. Couldn’t get any work done as I spent 8 hours a day dealing with complaints.Management don’t care about solving guests problems just throw some money at them to make them go away.No long term experienced staff just ones who can read a job ad.Charged for 3 meals a day whether you eat them or not.

Pros

Scenery/ Location

Cons

Beautiful hotel but has issues

Although this hotel is gorgeous, and you will gain experience and learn. They treat the workers just like they a disposable machines. They may replace you whenever they feel.

Pros

50% of the food/bev and 50% off for friends with you

Cons

Hard work, treated like a disposable machine

Did not look after their staff during COVID

During COVIDLittle to no communication from HR and exec team - besides my boss who fought to get information for us and ended up losing their job Whole teams lost jobs even when job keeper was around with no legitimate reason as we know of staff from other hotel chains who kept their jobsLong hours, low payVery disappointed as I moved my family from interstate for a job that showed no loyalty

Cons

Long hours low pay No loyalty No communication

I enjoyed working at IHG, very collaborative team. Great values and mission statement. One of the best places I have worked at. Great learning culture.

Pros

Collaboration

Cons

Travelling to work when living at a distance

Good in general

I was happy there but needed to move on and experience more and try different places. And I do miss the hotel Industry.good experience learning. The flexible hours we got. Nice co worker’s

At times very stressful but I had good colleagues

As with any customer service job especially hospitality sometimes the days could be horrible if the customers were rude but the team was good. Sometimes understaffed with made things harder to do your required jobs around the customer service but overall a pretty good company to work for

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Understaffing

Excellent company

Great environment to learn and progress. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to travel and learn hands-on experience in top hotel industry. They are efficient and friendly people with unlimited potential.

Pros

Progressive and efficient

Cons

Need travelling and relocating

Fun workplace

IHG is the best hotel group I've ever worked for. They focus on colleague development and there's always room to grow. They invest a lot in training materials to ensure enough knowledge is being given to the team.

It was a really great place to work

There were interesting people to work with, and met interesting people such as the King and Queen of Thailand, famous sports people, and famous musicians. I built great friendships through work colleagues and learnt to have a good work ethic, work independently and develop leadership skills.

Friendly and warm environment

Fast passed well structured ,excellent support and excellent team environment, Friendly and welcoming management team, staff feedback and possible problem solving welcomed.

Productive workplace

• Service • Decorate meals • Food preparation • Cleaning duties • Mise en place • Teamwork • Time management It is a fast-paced environment. However, all staff are friendly.

I enjoyed a lot while working there and good ti be a part of it.

As I am from hospitality background ai always love to serve people and help them in every needs to fulfill their demands and needs in hospitality way. I hope to give best efforts and practises.

poor management system

My experience in IHG was one of the worst. I wasn't treated fairly. Management and staff treat people by their nation , job rank. Canteen , changing rooms are dirty , uniforms smells bad.

Encadrement en Restauration

Potentiel de développement important Culture de travail vraiment liée a la direction en place, difficile souvent lors d'un changement de direction car on demande extrêmement au gens pour atteindre des objectifs sur de nombreuses facettes. Carrière intéressante des lors que l'on a pas de vie de famille.

Productive and fun workplace

The intercontinental Hotels Group is a great company to work with. They treat everyone fantastically and joke around while being serious about their work making sure everyone gets what they order in a reasonable time frame.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Collaborate, holistic. A great company who value good work and provide opportunity to progress. They provide flexibility if required and celebrate staff that show initiative.

Learning from the best.

Working in InterContiental Sydney is a great opportunity to learn and gain more experience. The work culture is excellent and the leaders are very open and try to treat everyone equally in this diverse work environment. Highly recommended to start working in this company because they teach you to provide the highest quality standard to the customers.

good environmnet

Learning platform for new colleagues and the option to grow in the workplace. Salary is not too extraordinary but there is a better opportunity for learning hotel managment.

Productive and fun

Diverse cultural background with focus on your career advancement! Friendly management, Hotel work experience, Hotel discounts, FUN team building activities, your small efforts are recognized and awarded!

Pros

People and Amazing FOOD!!!

Cons

complicated administrative procedure

Good professional and a full position until management changed

Before management changed there was a more professional culture

Pros

Good safe job

Cons

Different culture after management changed and was impossible to continue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with

• IHG Hotels & Resorts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?