IHG Hotels & Resorts
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Australia72 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,480 reviews

Good in general

I was happy there but needed to move on and experience more and try different places. And I do miss the hotel Industry.good experience learning. The flexible hours we got. Nice co worker’s

At times very stressful but I had good colleagues

As with any customer service job especially hospitality sometimes the days could be horrible if the customers were rude but the team was good. Sometimes understaffed with made things harder to do your required jobs around the customer service but overall a pretty good company to work for

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Understaffing

Excellent company

Great environment to learn and progress. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to travel and learn hands-on experience in top hotel industry. They are efficient and friendly people with unlimited potential.

Pros

Progressive and efficient

Cons

Need travelling and relocating

Fun workplace

IHG is the best hotel group I've ever worked for. They focus on colleague development and there's always room to grow. They invest a lot in training materials to ensure enough knowledge is being given to the team.

It was a really great place to work

There were interesting people to work with, and met interesting people such as the King and Queen of Thailand, famous sports people, and famous musicians. I built great friendships through work colleagues and learnt to have a good work ethic, work independently and develop leadership skills.

Friendly and warm environment

Fast passed well structured ,excellent support and excellent team environment, Friendly and welcoming management team, staff feedback and possible problem solving welcomed.

Productive workplace

• Service • Decorate meals • Food preparation • Cleaning duties • Mise en place • Teamwork • Time management It is a fast-paced environment. However, all staff are friendly.

I enjoyed a lot while working there and good ti be a part of it.

As I am from hospitality background ai always love to serve people and help them in every needs to fulfill their demands and needs in hospitality way. I hope to give best efforts and practises.

poor management system

My experience in IHG was one of the worst. I wasn't treated fairly. Management and staff treat people by their nation , job rank. Canteen , changing rooms are dirty , uniforms smells bad.

Encadrement en Restauration

Potentiel de développement important Culture de travail vraiment liée a la direction en place, difficile souvent lors d'un changement de direction car on demande extrêmement au gens pour atteindre des objectifs sur de nombreuses facettes. Carrière intéressante des lors que l'on a pas de vie de famille.

Productive and fun workplace

The intercontinental Hotels Group is a great company to work with. They treat everyone fantastically and joke around while being serious about their work making sure everyone gets what they order in a reasonable time frame.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Collaborate, holistic. A great company who value good work and provide opportunity to progress. They provide flexibility if required and celebrate staff that show initiative.

Learning from the best.

Working in InterContiental Sydney is a great opportunity to learn and gain more experience. The work culture is excellent and the leaders are very open and try to treat everyone equally in this diverse work environment. Highly recommended to start working in this company because they teach you to provide the highest quality standard to the customers.

good environmnet

Learning platform for new colleagues and the option to grow in the workplace. Salary is not too extraordinary but there is a better opportunity for learning hotel managment.

Productive and fun

Diverse cultural background with focus on your career advancement! Friendly management, Hotel work experience, Hotel discounts, FUN team building activities, your small efforts are recognized and awarded!

Pros

People and Amazing FOOD!!!

Cons

complicated administrative procedure

Good professional and a full position until management changed

Before management changed there was a more professional culture

Pros

Good safe job

Cons

Different culture after management changed and was impossible to continue

Terrible place to work -avoid the intercontinental Adelaide

Overall was a horrible experience, interview was great and that’s it. When I did start working for the atrium bar things just got worse, I experienced such a horrible workplace culture, staff that would micro manage me, speak down to me and tell me off in front of customers - the culture of this workplace resembles school yard bullying. On top of all of this, little to no training is provided and the training that I undertook was not sufficient - do your self a favor and choose a better employer I would not recommend even my greatest enemy to work at the intercontinental Adelaide, was a hideous experience overall.

Terrible place to work

Where do I begin. Management don’t care for the well-being of their staff members. Overworked shifts, they would cut back everyone’s shifts one week and then the next week expect us to all work insane amount of hours. There’s no consistency when it comes to this hotel chain. Overworked and undervalued. Plus they would expect staff to pay $4 for meals on shift when it was disgusting canteen meals provided.

Good memories

Job Work and Life Balance is good. The work path is chill not busy as city hotels. Salary is reasonable. Management has room to improve. People there are nice.

Nice team and good environment

I had a great team to work with and we used to enjoy every shift giving it all we had and providing the best guest service. It was a really good experience and I got to learn a lot about the hospitality industry.

Responsible Business

I oversee the security & safety aspects of the hotel. I was part of the pre opening team setting up security systems and security team. With IHG for 7 years

Pros

Good team

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• IHG Hotels & Resorts