IHG Hotels & Resorts

Melbourne VIC4 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,623 reviews

Great team

I enjoyed working for this housekeeping team and i learned a lot about the job and what it entailed. I also learned valuable customer service skills and internal customer service skills working in the linen room.

fun working environment

i have been working at intercontinental melbourne the rialto hotel for 3.5 years, i started as a steward and then went myself up to become a commis chef in 8 months time.i handled menus , larder section and hot kitchen section as well as banquet function of upto 400 people.

Aprendizaje

Se aprende a trabajar bajo la presion del cliente final, se aprende a resolver problemas en el hotel.

Fun work place

Get in to work meet other colleagues be it the morning or the night shift. Greet them firstly and get a hand over from them how the day has been or went like. Then check my emails on what needs to be done or whats new within the hotel. Management helps me out in every way possible on a daily basis. My co workers also help me out when ever needed are asked too. Hardest part is trying to manage a huge number of staff on some of the shifts but its all about the learning process. Most enjoyable part is creating really genuine friendships at the work place and feels like another home away from home.

Pros

Free lunches/ dinners

Cons

The shift hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IHG Hotels & Resorts?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with