IHG Hotels & Resorts

Sydney NSW36 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,625 reviews

Good in general

I was happy there but needed to move on and experience more and try different places. And I do miss the hotel Industry.good experience learning. The flexible hours we got. Nice co worker’s

Did not look after their staff during COVID

During COVIDLittle to no communication from HR and exec team - besides my boss who fought to get information for us and ended up losing their job Whole teams lost jobs even when job keeper was around with no legitimate reason as we know of staff from other hotel chains who kept their jobsLong hours, low payVery disappointed as I moved my family from interstate for a job that showed no loyalty

Cons

Long hours low pay No loyalty No communication

Excellent company

Great environment to learn and progress. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to travel and learn hands-on experience in top hotel industry. They are efficient and friendly people with unlimited potential.

Pros

Progressive and efficient

Cons

Need travelling and relocating

Fun workplace

IHG is the best hotel group I've ever worked for. They focus on colleague development and there's always room to grow. They invest a lot in training materials to ensure enough knowledge is being given to the team.

I enjoyed a lot while working there and good ti be a part of it.

As I am from hospitality background ai always love to serve people and help them in every needs to fulfill their demands and needs in hospitality way. I hope to give best efforts and practises.

poor management system

My experience in IHG was one of the worst. I wasn't treated fairly. Management and staff treat people by their nation , job rank. Canteen , changing rooms are dirty , uniforms smells bad.

Learning from the best.

Working in InterContiental Sydney is a great opportunity to learn and gain more experience. The work culture is excellent and the leaders are very open and try to treat everyone equally in this diverse work environment. Highly recommended to start working in this company because they teach you to provide the highest quality standard to the customers.

Productive and fun

Diverse cultural background with focus on your career advancement! Friendly management, Hotel work experience, Hotel discounts, FUN team building activities, your small efforts are recognized and awarded!

Pros

People and Amazing FOOD!!!

Cons

complicated administrative procedure

Nice team and good environment

I had a great team to work with and we used to enjoy every shift giving it all we had and providing the best guest service. It was a really good experience and I got to learn a lot about the hospitality industry.

Learning 5 star service

Learning high class level of service and understand how its is to work as a team and understand how to work well under pressure. Taking care of VIPs and understanding what are brand standards. As well as having an amazing and understand team.

Responsible, enthusiastic, hardworking and inspirational Managers, supervisors and team leaders

The good work that the Managers, supervisors and team leaders put in creates a productive and motivating work environment. There is always something to learn in every shift in work. Great service accompanied with a great team of food and beverage attendant. Constantly got each other back. Our managers, supervisors and team leaders constantly strive to fight for the colleagues.

Pros

Motivating, productive and self improvement

Cons

it has been awhile working here

busy collecting laundry from guest rooms. Sorting clothes, washing drying, drycleaning, ironing folding and delivering within the day. Also do stain removal, minor repairs

Pros

subsidised lunches

Cons

very busy workplace

Different experience everyday

Need to meet the requirement of the guest and monitor all the equipment of the hotel. best mixed of talent in our department, wherein you can learn or upgrade your skill

Pros

free uniform

Cons

shift work

Excellent

The hotel is an elegent in stay or meeting space Flexible set ups accomodation The hotel has heratige elegance to urban chick for travellers with discerning tastes It's always getting awards Staff is happy and loveable and pleasent to work with Everyday you meet different clients trravelkers and learn new things in culture and everyday life You enjoy the atmosphere full of life and harmony smiles of staff and clents happy to be there The hardest thing for me was when Icould not make someone happy eg price, award, or they were not happy with stay at Intercontinental Everyday you will find staff or clients with a bad day but I always gave my best to put a smile

Pros

Flexible supportive work schedule

Cons

It's hard to get big decisions made

Great enviroment

Good company to work for! Still could not find myself there with the staff. Hoped to work at some point in the front desk but was for six month in the back office. I would say I became more comfortable using phones, but now I am scared off going back in the front even when this is what I am used to. I would say my confidence I can do better and reach higher ,... was not really possible.

Pros

great staff rates!

Cons

limited contract because of visa

Terrible Workplace

This is the worst place I have ever worked for. Managers were terrible and hygiene standards were the worst I have ever seen! This is a 5 star hotel! I definitely expected more. I am a highly trained and experienced hospitality professional, yet I was treated as though I knew nothing. Hygiene: plates have egg scraps left on them due to not being scraped down properly and not being allowed to due to time restrictions. Teaspoons are handwashed behind the bar! WITHOUT DETERGENT!! Management is terrible and I felt like I couldn't talk to them - no open door policy. My trainers made me feel like a preschooler and would talk 'dumb' to me and made me feel as if I didn't know anything. The staff here don't even know what is 'entree' fork and what is 'main' fork! They call them big fork and little fork! I definitely expect higher standards from a 5 star hotel and have seen higher standards in a café I used to work in. Absolutely terrible. And to end with my manager offered to send me feedback of my time there and said I could use her reference to apply for another hotel chain - I never heard anything back from her even after multiple emails! It's highly unprofessional to lie to your employees. Definitely a disgrace to the Intercontinental brand and I can't describe how disappointed I was to work here. Horrible

Pros

Free meal

Lots of people from variety nations to learn more about hospitality in the field. Such a good management in F&B areas. Good place to work and learn more skills.

Ambiente de trabajo internacional.

Estube durante siete meses viviendo en Australia. En este tiempo estudií inglés y trabajé como recepcionista y terapeuta Spa. Fue muy gratificante a nivel personal y profesional.

Only gym

Busy sometimes quiet It's very flexible the hour the management it's good Helping each other the hardest if short of staff but because the staff are multi skills and the end of the day the job are done?

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

They look after the staff

Enjoyable workplace.

Working in this place is really wonderful will full of supporting friend, helpful members. As i have started i have no any single second to say this place as a bad workplace. I enjoy working here.

Great 5 star Venue to work in

Every day is interestingly busy attending to and serving hotel guests in the conservatory, the conference rooms, the restaurants and the bars. Everyday very pleasant and polite interaction with hotel guests. Colleagues here are all wonderfully nice and supportive. We worked productively and delivered top quality service at all times. No hard part of job. Enjoyed every shift because of our terrific team of very nice colleagues.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with