IHG Hotels & Resorts

Lounge Attendant4 reviews
Australia4 reviews

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,593 reviews

Learning 5 star service

Learning high class level of service and understand how its is to work as a team and understand how to work well under pressure. Taking care of VIPs and understanding what are brand standards. As well as having an amazing and understand team.

Responsible, enthusiastic, hardworking and inspirational Managers, supervisors and team leaders

The good work that the Managers, supervisors and team leaders put in creates a productive and motivating work environment. There is always something to learn in every shift in work. Great service accompanied with a great team of food and beverage attendant. Constantly got each other back. Our managers, supervisors and team leaders constantly strive to fight for the colleagues.

Pros

Motivating, productive and self improvement

Cons

Terrible Workplace

This is the worst place I have ever worked for. Managers were terrible and hygiene standards were the worst I have ever seen! This is a 5 star hotel! I definitely expected more. I am a highly trained and experienced hospitality professional, yet I was treated as though I knew nothing. Hygiene: plates have egg scraps left on them due to not being scraped down properly and not being allowed to due to time restrictions. Teaspoons are handwashed behind the bar! WITHOUT DETERGENT!! Management is terrible and I felt like I couldn't talk to them - no open door policy. My trainers made me feel like a preschooler and would talk 'dumb' to me and made me feel as if I didn't know anything. The staff here don't even know what is 'entree' fork and what is 'main' fork! They call them big fork and little fork! I definitely expect higher standards from a 5 star hotel and have seen higher standards in a café I used to work in. Absolutely terrible. And to end with my manager offered to send me feedback of my time there and said I could use her reference to apply for another hotel chain - I never heard anything back from her even after multiple emails! It's highly unprofessional to lie to your employees. Definitely a disgrace to the Intercontinental brand and I can't describe how disappointed I was to work here. Horrible

Pros

Free meal

Manager at Club Intercontinental Sydney was very hostile!

I worked as a club lounge attendant in Sydney, Australia for almost 2 years and it was just horrible! Management wasn't straightforward with you, would often blame you and talk behind your back. They were very manipulative and impossible for "room to be yourself" when they controlled the way you walked and talked even times you went to the bathroom. They did not care about us and was severely overworked particularly during Christmas/new year season due to the fact that half of the club lounge attendants quit because of mistreatment. They would look down on you and make you feel stupid because they reprimanded you like a child and couldn't talk to you like an adult. I needed time off to recover from injury but didn't let me because they were too busy whilst it was my right under Australian working laws. The manager never trusted you and would always watch what you were doing, working there was like walking on egg shells- break one and lose your job! Team members were arrogant and fake, thinking that theyre special because they work in a club lounge and there was absolutely no team work, you had to look after 100 plus demanding guests on the floor by yourself. If you did not get nominated as employee of the month by the guests, management will yell at you and make you feel bad. Not to mention all the pointless SOP's, policies and working over ten hours without any breaks. I don't think that IHG is a bad company but will never work in hospitality again because of this experience and now happily working in retail.

Pros

somtimes good food, seeing celebrities, hotel discounts

Cons

everything mentioned in the review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with