IHG Hotels & Resorts

Room Attendant6 reviews
Australia6 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,593 reviews

It was a really great place to work

There were interesting people to work with, and met interesting people such as the King and Queen of Thailand, famous sports people, and famous musicians. I built great friendships through work colleagues and learnt to have a good work ethic, work independently and develop leadership skills.

Fun workplace with easy going and reliable people

Fantastic team with a really good team-spirit, management is reliable and the workplace is stunning. Had no time to get bored as I've been crossed trained in three different areas.

Pros

Free lunchs, multiple breaks

Cons

Understaffed team

It required hard-work and patience

Very busy and quite messy. I learned not to take matters too seriously especially those ones that are beyond my control. Management was okey.The hardest part of the job is doing too much work for one person. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a nice bunch of workmates despite the hectic work load.

Pros

Free staff meal

Cons

Too many tasks for one person

Overall, they will give you a higly challenging job, but provide 2 weeks of good training for new staff.

Extremely busy working conditions. Minimum pay with a lot of time effort. Management provides new staff 2 weeks of proper training (paid) which is good for the beginners. Conveniently located in the heart of city. Good team work environment and flexible working hours.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Minimum pay

All work, low pay

You try to give your best for guests but very low pay. In reality, the pay is per room. You only get per hour rate if you can spring clean 2 rooms in one hour. No time for lunch break, as you'll be called to do your next room. Expensive lunch compared to other hotels. no Work/Life Balance. The reason why room attendants come and go. You can't speak up your mind or they'll take it against you. Just do what your supervisors say, even if you do the same room again and again. No additional pay. Hard work not appreciated. If you're a robot, you can do this job.

Pros

one nice supervisor

Cons

no lunch breaks, low pay per room, no Work/Life Balance, expensive lunch

Great team

I enjoyed working for this housekeeping team and i learned a lot about the job and what it entailed. I also learned valuable customer service skills and internal customer service skills working in the linen room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with

IHG Hotels & Resorts Reviews by Location

• IHG Hotels & Resorts
  • Room Attendant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?