IHG Hotels & Resorts

Australia75 reviews

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,627 reviews

I enjoyed working at IHG, very collaborative team. Great values and mission statement. One of the best places I have worked at. Great learning culture.

Pros

Collaboration

Cons

Travelling to work when living at a distance

Fun workplace

IHG is the best hotel group I've ever worked for. They focus on colleague development and there's always room to grow. They invest a lot in training materials to ensure enough knowledge is being given to the team.

Friendly and warm environment

Fast passed well structured ,excellent support and excellent team environment, Friendly and welcoming management team, staff feedback and possible problem solving welcomed.

Encadrement en Restauration

Potentiel de développement important Culture de travail vraiment liée a la direction en place, difficile souvent lors d'un changement de direction car on demande extrêmement au gens pour atteindre des objectifs sur de nombreuses facettes. Carrière intéressante des lors que l'on a pas de vie de famille.

Collaborate, holistic. A great company who value good work and provide opportunity to progress. They provide flexibility if required and celebrate staff that show initiative.

Learning from the best.

Working in InterContiental Sydney is a great opportunity to learn and gain more experience. The work culture is excellent and the leaders are very open and try to treat everyone equally in this diverse work environment. Highly recommended to start working in this company because they teach you to provide the highest quality standard to the customers.

Good professional and a full position until management changed

Before management changed there was a more professional culture

Pros

Good safe job

Cons

Different culture after management changed and was impossible to continue

Terrible place to work -avoid the intercontinental Adelaide

Overall was a horrible experience, interview was great and that’s it. When I did start working for the atrium bar things just got worse, I experienced such a horrible workplace culture, staff that would micro manage me, speak down to me and tell me off in front of customers - the culture of this workplace resembles school yard bullying. On top of all of this, little to no training is provided and the training that I undertook was not sufficient - do your self a favor and choose a better employer I would not recommend even my greatest enemy to work at the intercontinental Adelaide, was a hideous experience overall.

Learning 5 star service

Learning high class level of service and understand how its is to work as a team and understand how to work well under pressure. Taking care of VIPs and understanding what are brand standards. As well as having an amazing and understand team.

Responsible, enthusiastic, hardworking and inspirational Managers, supervisors and team leaders

The good work that the Managers, supervisors and team leaders put in creates a productive and motivating work environment. There is always something to learn in every shift in work. Great service accompanied with a great team of food and beverage attendant. Constantly got each other back. Our managers, supervisors and team leaders constantly strive to fight for the colleagues.

Pros

Motivating, productive and self improvement

Cons

Friendly people, quite a few benefits.

My department was extremely busy. Large property, so it can get quite exhausting when working in the banquets department. The training was always available to us. It was always quite easy to move up if you were willing to work the hours. The culture was great but like many other companies has its cracks within the management team.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Fun workplace with easy going and reliable people

Fantastic team with a really good team-spirit, management is reliable and the workplace is stunning. Had no time to get bored as I've been crossed trained in three different areas.

Pros

Free lunchs, multiple breaks

Cons

Understaffed team

Excellent

The hotel is an elegent in stay or meeting space Flexible set ups accomodation The hotel has heratige elegance to urban chick for travellers with discerning tastes It's always getting awards Staff is happy and loveable and pleasent to work with Everyday you meet different clients trravelkers and learn new things in culture and everyday life You enjoy the atmosphere full of life and harmony smiles of staff and clents happy to be there The hardest thing for me was when Icould not make someone happy eg price, award, or they were not happy with stay at Intercontinental Everyday you will find staff or clients with a bad day but I always gave my best to put a smile

Pros

Flexible supportive work schedule

Cons

It's hard to get big decisions made

Sporadic and frenetic managment

As a new hotel in that area, was a bit hard to understand as the leadership continually changed. I enjoyed working with my team and the clientele was always great. Benefits could be better and not much work life balance.

Ambiente de trabajo internacional.

Estube durante siete meses viviendo en Australia. En este tiempo estudií inglés y trabajé como recepcionista y terapeuta Spa. Fue muy gratificante a nivel personal y profesional.

Only gym

Busy sometimes quiet It's very flexible the hour the management it's good Helping each other the hardest if short of staff but because the staff are multi skills and the end of the day the job are done?

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

They look after the staff

Enjoyable workplace.

Working in this place is really wonderful will full of supporting friend, helpful members. As i have started i have no any single second to say this place as a bad workplace. I enjoy working here.

It required hard-work and patience

Very busy and quite messy. I learned not to take matters too seriously especially those ones that are beyond my control. Management was okey.The hardest part of the job is doing too much work for one person. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a nice bunch of workmates despite the hectic work load.

Pros

Free staff meal

Cons

Too many tasks for one person

Great 5 star Venue to work in

Every day is interestingly busy attending to and serving hotel guests in the conservatory, the conference rooms, the restaurants and the bars. Everyday very pleasant and polite interaction with hotel guests. Colleagues here are all wonderfully nice and supportive. We worked productively and delivered top quality service at all times. No hard part of job. Enjoyed every shift because of our terrific team of very nice colleagues.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

No cons

Great team work

Great work place, always a new adventure coming into work not knowing what the day would bring. The team was amazing and the management team really encouraged the staff to want to come to work

Pros

free meals

Environnement de travail très agréable

Travailler au sein de ce groupe m'a aidé à faire un réel bond dans le monde de la cuisine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with