IHG Hotels & Resorts

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance
3.7Job Security & Advancement

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,627 reviews

I enjoyed working at IHG, very collaborative team. Great values and mission statement. One of the best places I have worked at. Great learning culture.

Pros

Collaboration

Cons

Travelling to work when living at a distance

Good in general

I was happy there but needed to move on and experience more and try different places. And I do miss the hotel Industry.good experience learning. The flexible hours we got. Nice co worker’s

Excellent company

Great environment to learn and progress. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to travel and learn hands-on experience in top hotel industry. They are efficient and friendly people with unlimited potential.

Pros

Progressive and efficient

Cons

Need travelling and relocating

Fun workplace

IHG is the best hotel group I've ever worked for. They focus on colleague development and there's always room to grow. They invest a lot in training materials to ensure enough knowledge is being given to the team.

I enjoyed a lot while working there and good ti be a part of it.

As I am from hospitality background ai always love to serve people and help them in every needs to fulfill their demands and needs in hospitality way. I hope to give best efforts and practises.

Encadrement en Restauration

Potentiel de développement important Culture de travail vraiment liée a la direction en place, difficile souvent lors d'un changement de direction car on demande extrêmement au gens pour atteindre des objectifs sur de nombreuses facettes. Carrière intéressante des lors que l'on a pas de vie de famille.

Collaborate, holistic. A great company who value good work and provide opportunity to progress. They provide flexibility if required and celebrate staff that show initiative.

Learning from the best.

Working in InterContiental Sydney is a great opportunity to learn and gain more experience. The work culture is excellent and the leaders are very open and try to treat everyone equally in this diverse work environment. Highly recommended to start working in this company because they teach you to provide the highest quality standard to the customers.

good environmnet

Learning platform for new colleagues and the option to grow in the workplace. Salary is not too extraordinary but there is a better opportunity for learning hotel managment.

Productive and fun

Diverse cultural background with focus on your career advancement! Friendly management, Hotel work experience, Hotel discounts, FUN team building activities, your small efforts are recognized and awarded!

Pros

People and Amazing FOOD!!!

Cons

complicated administrative procedure

Good professional and a full position until management changed

Before management changed there was a more professional culture

Pros

Good safe job

Cons

Different culture after management changed and was impossible to continue

Terrible place to work -avoid the intercontinental Adelaide

Overall was a horrible experience, interview was great and that’s it. When I did start working for the atrium bar things just got worse, I experienced such a horrible workplace culture, staff that would micro manage me, speak down to me and tell me off in front of customers - the culture of this workplace resembles school yard bullying. On top of all of this, little to no training is provided and the training that I undertook was not sufficient - do your self a favor and choose a better employer I would not recommend even my greatest enemy to work at the intercontinental Adelaide, was a hideous experience overall.

Good memories

Job Work and Life Balance is good. The work path is chill not busy as city hotels. Salary is reasonable. Management has room to improve. People there are nice.

Nice team and good environment

I had a great team to work with and we used to enjoy every shift giving it all we had and providing the best guest service. It was a really good experience and I got to learn a lot about the hospitality industry.

Good

Very good, sometimes stressful and hectic. Good team building. peaceful and serene environment. view is lovely. It is generally a good place to work but job security not guaranteed.

fun place to work in

they have given me a lot of internal training.i have gained alot of experience. worked all departments.i am curently working at cafe opera which is a buffet restaurant.

2 fantastic products to represent with a supportive head office team

IHG provides opportunities for career advancement in a fast paced environment for those ready to challenge themselves and provide excellent service to the end client and support to their colleagues. The range of brands ensures a product range suitable to all client groups and you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience with IHG.

Pros

Team camaraderie and social opportunities

Cons

Stress at end of year budget deadlines

Great enviroment

Good company to work for! Still could not find myself there with the staff. Hoped to work at some point in the front desk but was for six month in the back office. I would say I became more comfortable using phones, but now I am scared off going back in the front even when this is what I am used to. I would say my confidence I can do better and reach higher ,... was not really possible.

Pros

great staff rates!

Cons

limited contract because of visa

Lots of people from variety nations to learn more about hospitality in the field. Such a good management in F&B areas. Good place to work and learn more skills.

Ambiente de trabajo internacional.

Estube durante siete meses viviendo en Australia. En este tiempo estudií inglés y trabajé como recepcionista y terapeuta Spa. Fue muy gratificante a nivel personal y profesional.

Good work life balance kitchen

In current workplace we have the best work life experience i had in my career life. we hardly exceed or do any over time due to the quality of management and way the kitchen work. All item is prepare to it highest quality and is really fun to work. I get involve in many other task to get prepare to step up in role. The workplace is really able to teach and show care for their employee.

Pros

free meal free uniform

Cons

hard to be promoted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with

• IHG Hotels & Resorts
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?