IHG Hotels & Resorts

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,627 reviews

Friendly and warm environment

Fast passed well structured ,excellent support and excellent team environment, Friendly and welcoming management team, staff feedback and possible problem solving welcomed.

Beautiful hotel but has issues

Although this hotel is gorgeous, and you will gain experience and learn. They treat the workers just like they a disposable machines. They may replace you whenever they feel.

Pros

50% of the food/bev and 50% off for friends with you

Cons

Hard work, treated like a disposable machine

Productive workplace

• Service • Decorate meals • Food preparation • Cleaning duties • Mise en place • Teamwork • Time management It is a fast-paced environment. However, all staff are friendly.

poor management system

My experience in IHG was one of the worst. I wasn't treated fairly. Management and staff treat people by their nation , job rank. Canteen , changing rooms are dirty , uniforms smells bad.

Encadrement en Restauration

Potentiel de développement important Culture de travail vraiment liée a la direction en place, difficile souvent lors d'un changement de direction car on demande extrêmement au gens pour atteindre des objectifs sur de nombreuses facettes. Carrière intéressante des lors que l'on a pas de vie de famille.

Productive and fun

Diverse cultural background with focus on your career advancement! Friendly management, Hotel work experience, Hotel discounts, FUN team building activities, your small efforts are recognized and awarded!

Pros

People and Amazing FOOD!!!

Cons

complicated administrative procedure

Good professional and a full position until management changed

Before management changed there was a more professional culture

Pros

Good safe job

Cons

Different culture after management changed and was impossible to continue

Terrible place to work -avoid the intercontinental Adelaide

Overall was a horrible experience, interview was great and that’s it. When I did start working for the atrium bar things just got worse, I experienced such a horrible workplace culture, staff that would micro manage me, speak down to me and tell me off in front of customers - the culture of this workplace resembles school yard bullying. On top of all of this, little to no training is provided and the training that I undertook was not sufficient - do your self a favor and choose a better employer I would not recommend even my greatest enemy to work at the intercontinental Adelaide, was a hideous experience overall.

Terrible place to work

Where do I begin. Management don’t care for the well-being of their staff members. Overworked shifts, they would cut back everyone’s shifts one week and then the next week expect us to all work insane amount of hours. There’s no consistency when it comes to this hotel chain. Overworked and undervalued. Plus they would expect staff to pay $4 for meals on shift when it was disgusting canteen meals provided.

Good memories

Job Work and Life Balance is good. The work path is chill not busy as city hotels. Salary is reasonable. Management has room to improve. People there are nice.

Friendly people, quite a few benefits.

My department was extremely busy. Large property, so it can get quite exhausting when working in the banquets department. The training was always available to us. It was always quite easy to move up if you were willing to work the hours. The culture was great but like many other companies has its cracks within the management team.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Fun workplace with easy going and reliable people

Fantastic team with a really good team-spirit, management is reliable and the workplace is stunning. Had no time to get bored as I've been crossed trained in three different areas.

Pros

Free lunchs, multiple breaks

Cons

Understaffed team

Terrible Workplace

This is the worst place I have ever worked for. Managers were terrible and hygiene standards were the worst I have ever seen! This is a 5 star hotel! I definitely expected more. I am a highly trained and experienced hospitality professional, yet I was treated as though I knew nothing. Hygiene: plates have egg scraps left on them due to not being scraped down properly and not being allowed to due to time restrictions. Teaspoons are handwashed behind the bar! WITHOUT DETERGENT!! Management is terrible and I felt like I couldn't talk to them - no open door policy. My trainers made me feel like a preschooler and would talk 'dumb' to me and made me feel as if I didn't know anything. The staff here don't even know what is 'entree' fork and what is 'main' fork! They call them big fork and little fork! I definitely expect higher standards from a 5 star hotel and have seen higher standards in a café I used to work in. Absolutely terrible. And to end with my manager offered to send me feedback of my time there and said I could use her reference to apply for another hotel chain - I never heard anything back from her even after multiple emails! It's highly unprofessional to lie to your employees. Definitely a disgrace to the Intercontinental brand and I can't describe how disappointed I was to work here. Horrible

Pros

Free meal

Lots of people from variety nations to learn more about hospitality in the field. Such a good management in F&B areas. Good place to work and learn more skills.

Ambiente de trabajo internacional.

Estube durante siete meses viviendo en Australia. En este tiempo estudií inglés y trabajé como recepcionista y terapeuta Spa. Fue muy gratificante a nivel personal y profesional.

Only gym

Busy sometimes quiet It's very flexible the hour the management it's good Helping each other the hardest if short of staff but because the staff are multi skills and the end of the day the job are done?

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

They look after the staff

Good work life balance kitchen

In current workplace we have the best work life experience i had in my career life. we hardly exceed or do any over time due to the quality of management and way the kitchen work. All item is prepare to it highest quality and is really fun to work. I get involve in many other task to get prepare to step up in role. The workplace is really able to teach and show care for their employee.

Pros

free meal free uniform

Cons

hard to be promoted

It required hard-work and patience

Very busy and quite messy. I learned not to take matters too seriously especially those ones that are beyond my control. Management was okey.The hardest part of the job is doing too much work for one person. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a nice bunch of workmates despite the hectic work load.

Pros

Free staff meal

Cons

Too many tasks for one person

Great team work

Great work place, always a new adventure coming into work not knowing what the day would bring. The team was amazing and the management team really encouraged the staff to want to come to work

Pros

free meals

Overall, they will give you a higly challenging job, but provide 2 weeks of good training for new staff.

Extremely busy working conditions. Minimum pay with a lot of time effort. Management provides new staff 2 weeks of proper training (paid) which is good for the beginners. Conveniently located in the heart of city. Good team work environment and flexible working hours.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Minimum pay

Enjoyed Hospitality

Great organisation to work for. Great benefits including uniforms, duty meals. I started with South Pacific Hotels group which IHG took over the Management rights. I had worked for Accor but convinced to return to IHG.

Pros

Duty meals and Uniform

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with