IHG Hotels & Resorts

3.9Work–Life Balance
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,627 reviews

Good in general

I was happy there but needed to move on and experience more and try different places. And I do miss the hotel Industry.good experience learning. The flexible hours we got. Nice co worker’s

At times very stressful but I had good colleagues

As with any customer service job especially hospitality sometimes the days could be horrible if the customers were rude but the team was good. Sometimes understaffed with made things harder to do your required jobs around the customer service but overall a pretty good company to work for

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Understaffing

Productive and fun workplace

The intercontinental Hotels Group is a great company to work with. They treat everyone fantastically and joke around while being serious about their work making sure everyone gets what they order in a reasonable time frame.

Pros

free lunches

good environmnet

Learning platform for new colleagues and the option to grow in the workplace. Salary is not too extraordinary but there is a better opportunity for learning hotel managment.

Good memories

Job Work and Life Balance is good. The work path is chill not busy as city hotels. Salary is reasonable. Management has room to improve. People there are nice.

Sporadic and frenetic managment

As a new hotel in that area, was a bit hard to understand as the leadership continually changed. I enjoyed working with my team and the clientele was always great. Benefits could be better and not much work life balance.

Only gym

Busy sometimes quiet It's very flexible the hour the management it's good Helping each other the hardest if short of staff but because the staff are multi skills and the end of the day the job are done?

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

They look after the staff

Overall, they will give you a higly challenging job, but provide 2 weeks of good training for new staff.

Extremely busy working conditions. Minimum pay with a lot of time effort. Management provides new staff 2 weeks of proper training (paid) which is good for the beginners. Conveniently located in the heart of city. Good team work environment and flexible working hours.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Minimum pay

All work, low pay

You try to give your best for guests but very low pay. In reality, the pay is per room. You only get per hour rate if you can spring clean 2 rooms in one hour. No time for lunch break, as you'll be called to do your next room. Expensive lunch compared to other hotels. no Work/Life Balance. The reason why room attendants come and go. You can't speak up your mind or they'll take it against you. Just do what your supervisors say, even if you do the same room again and again. No additional pay. Hard work not appreciated. If you're a robot, you can do this job.

Pros

one nice supervisor

Cons

no lunch breaks, low pay per room, no Work/Life Balance, expensive lunch

Enjoyed Hospitality

Great organisation to work for. Great benefits including uniforms, duty meals. I started with South Pacific Hotels group which IHG took over the Management rights. I had worked for Accor but convinced to return to IHG.

Pros

Duty meals and Uniform

Fun workplace and productive

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is, no discrimination of the race.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with