IHG Hotels & Resorts

3.9Work–Life Balance
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,624 reviews

Excellent company

Great environment to learn and progress. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to travel and learn hands-on experience in top hotel industry. They are efficient and friendly people with unlimited potential.

Pros

Progressive and efficient

Cons

Need travelling and relocating

Did not look after their staff during COVID

During COVIDLittle to no communication from HR and exec team - besides my boss who fought to get information for us and ended up losing their job Whole teams lost jobs even when job keeper was around with no legitimate reason as we know of staff from other hotel chains who kept their jobsLong hours, low payVery disappointed as I moved my family from interstate for a job that showed no loyalty

Cons

Long hours low pay No loyalty No communication

I enjoyed a lot while working there and good ti be a part of it.

As I am from hospitality background ai always love to serve people and help them in every needs to fulfill their demands and needs in hospitality way. I hope to give best efforts and practises.

Encadrement en Restauration

Potentiel de développement important Culture de travail vraiment liée a la direction en place, difficile souvent lors d'un changement de direction car on demande extrêmement au gens pour atteindre des objectifs sur de nombreuses facettes. Carrière intéressante des lors que l'on a pas de vie de famille.

Productive and fun workplace

The intercontinental Hotels Group is a great company to work with. They treat everyone fantastically and joke around while being serious about their work making sure everyone gets what they order in a reasonable time frame.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Collaborate, holistic. A great company who value good work and provide opportunity to progress. They provide flexibility if required and celebrate staff that show initiative.

Learning from the best.

Working in InterContiental Sydney is a great opportunity to learn and gain more experience. The work culture is excellent and the leaders are very open and try to treat everyone equally in this diverse work environment. Highly recommended to start working in this company because they teach you to provide the highest quality standard to the customers.

Good memories

Job Work and Life Balance is good. The work path is chill not busy as city hotels. Salary is reasonable. Management has room to improve. People there are nice.

Responsible Business

I oversee the security & safety aspects of the hotel. I was part of the pre opening team setting up security systems and security team. With IHG for 7 years

Pros

Good team

Cons

Friendly people, quite a few benefits.

My department was extremely busy. Large property, so it can get quite exhausting when working in the banquets department. The training was always available to us. It was always quite easy to move up if you were willing to work the hours. The culture was great but like many other companies has its cracks within the management team.

Pros

Great people

Excellent

The hotel is an elegent in stay or meeting space Flexible set ups accomodation The hotel has heratige elegance to urban chick for travellers with discerning tastes It's always getting awards Staff is happy and loveable and pleasent to work with Everyday you meet different clients trravelkers and learn new things in culture and everyday life You enjoy the atmosphere full of life and harmony smiles of staff and clents happy to be there The hardest thing for me was when Icould not make someone happy eg price, award, or they were not happy with stay at Intercontinental Everyday you will find staff or clients with a bad day but I always gave my best to put a smile

Pros

Flexible supportive work schedule

Cons

It's hard to get big decisions made

Sporadic and frenetic managment

As a new hotel in that area, was a bit hard to understand as the leadership continually changed. I enjoyed working with my team and the clientele was always great. Benefits could be better and not much work life balance.

good

in my opinion intercontinental is one of the best hotels in sydney. i am happy to be part of it. its a good hotel for personal and professional development.

Productive and fun environment

The Employers at the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort consistently focus on working as a team to achieve target margins. This team-working focus helps the employers to develop their personal communication skills amongst each other and the guests that come to the Hotel.

Pros

Complimentary lunches and dinners

Cons

Long Hours

Good work life balance kitchen

In current workplace we have the best work life experience i had in my career life. we hardly exceed or do any over time due to the quality of management and way the kitchen work. All item is prepare to it highest quality and is really fun to work. I get involve in many other task to get prepare to step up in role. The workplace is really able to teach and show care for their employee.

Pros

free meal free uniform

Cons

hard to be promoted

Hardworking and funny

hardworking, easy to learn new things, polite I'm available 5 days to work, Monday-Thursday and Sunday. I have school Friday and Saturday. Also I can start from 9:00 am

All work, low pay

You try to give your best for guests but very low pay. In reality, the pay is per room. You only get per hour rate if you can spring clean 2 rooms in one hour. No time for lunch break, as you'll be called to do your next room. Expensive lunch compared to other hotels. no Work/Life Balance. The reason why room attendants come and go. You can't speak up your mind or they'll take it against you. Just do what your supervisors say, even if you do the same room again and again. No additional pay. Hard work not appreciated. If you're a robot, you can do this job.

Pros

one nice supervisor

Cons

no lunch breaks, low pay per room, no Work/Life Balance, expensive lunch

Enjoyed Hospitality

Great organisation to work for. Great benefits including uniforms, duty meals. I started with South Pacific Hotels group which IHG took over the Management rights. I had worked for Accor but convinced to return to IHG.

Pros

Duty meals and Uniform

productivity

fun work place, I learn a lot how to develop my skills and how to interact with many different worker in diversity... everything has been prepared before starting work and it made our job easier and can finish on time

Pros

free lunch

Cons

many hours

Christmas party/ Social club

Everyday is alway a typical kind of work, I learn more each day doing i love doing.The management are Excellent in every department.All the manager from each department come down to housekeeping and join us in our morning briefings, There are so many kind of workers from every culture you name it and it was fantastic to see and feel how you communicate in every aspect kind walk of life. Every job is hard but when you know what you do is getting easier, Te most enjoyable part of the job when you done your work and the next day you heard no guest complaint.

Pros

Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner

Cons

Fulltime work

Fun workplace and productive

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is, no discrimination of the race.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with