IHG Hotels & Resorts
View all IHG Hotels & Resorts reviews

IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Review

Beautiful hotel but has issues

Although this hotel is gorgeous, and you will gain experience and learn. They treat the workers just like they a disposable machines. They may replace you whenever they feel.

Pros

50% of the food/bev and 50% off for friends with you

Cons

Hard work, treated like a disposable machine

Take your selfie, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube pic / video and leave

30+ new hires every fortnight usually unskilled backpackers with limited English and poor work ethic.Management is clueless and is very into their cliques.Full of Gen Z’s, who get offended or triggered by everything and spend more time bit ching or gossiping than doing any work.5* Prices but 1* service. Couldn’t get any work done as I spent 8 hours a day dealing with complaints.Management don’t care about solving guests problems just throw some money at them to make them go away.No long term experienced staff just ones who can read a job ad.Charged for 3 meals a day whether you eat them or not.

Pros

Scenery/ Location

Cons

Respectful of workplace work conditions and job.

Each day is different and joyful. The guests are always happy with understanding. The problem I have is that the hotel is grossly undervalued in terms of guest demand for services and the room prices paid.

Pros

Duty meals.

Cons

Understaffing.

Did not look after their staff during COVID

During COVIDLittle to no communication from HR and exec team - besides my boss who fought to get information for us and ended up losing their job Whole teams lost jobs even when job keeper was around with no legitimate reason as we know of staff from other hotel chains who kept their jobsLong hours, low payVery disappointed as I moved my family from interstate for a job that showed no loyalty

Cons

Long hours low pay No loyalty No communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare IHG Hotels & Resorts with

• IHG Hotels & Resorts
  • Beautiful hotel but has issues
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?