IAG Employee Reviews

Fun, challenging work place
Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 April 2019
My daily requirements was delivering excellent customer service inbound and outbound calls to frustrated customers submitting vehicle claims.
I processed insurance claims and was delegated my own claims for me to follow up to ensure they were handled correctly and finalised.
Bad management. Too many changes and no care for staff.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 April 2019
Used to be a great place to work. However with the constant restructures came constant micromanaging, ever growing list of expectations. If you aren’t doing even a minor thing right you get threatened that you will get fired. Never feel secure in your position. Get asked to speak up about customer irritants and issues within the company, but if you do, you’re seen as a problem.
Pros
Discount, work from home
Cons
Management, pressure, constant restructures
Great place to work!
Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Perth WA9 April 2019
Great team, great management, work life balance and no micromanaging. If I didn't have to move overseas i would still be here. I do miss this place and would recommend to anyone.
Large company good people
Assessing Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 March 2019
Worked at Wesfarmers originally which was more family orientated, then the IAG amalgamation occurred.
IAG is a larger company can feel a little more regulated (managed) but as I was still working with the original motor assessing team the new processes etc where enjoyable and challenging
Pros
Team culture
Cons
Off shore expansion
Time of my life
Senior Technical Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC21 March 2019
When you have spent a quarter of your life working in one location it kind of like grows on you. Aging together with people work with as you perform your job over many years. It was like a big family. Got along with some siblings and some you didn't. The nature of life. I miss it sometimes.
Pros
Camaraderie with people you worked with.
Cons
Management shuffle in the last few years
Fun place to work
Settlements - Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Mulgrave VIC13 March 2019
IAG provided an honest environment whose people worked hard to bridge silos and communication gaps creating a collaborative and united approach.

People at CGU Insurance in particular, had a passion for continuous improvement, and embraced change wholeheartedly.

I would always recommend IAG as the place to work.
Pros
Excellent Reward & Recognition awards
Recommended
MOTOR CLAIMS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW17 February 2019
Arrive on the first day. (Our managed) dressed as Cow Boys. Really broke the ice.
First three weeks, you learn the Law, you'll learn the PDF inside and our. You'll learn how to answer questions and listen I mean really listen.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Not the same IAG you once knew
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 January 2019
IAG would outsource ALL if they can get away with it. A once top company to work for with a great culture, now unrecognisable with foreign staff roaming the floors.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Restructures never ending
Iconic brands. Inclusive Culture
Customer Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW27 November 2018
Wondefull loyal staff committed to the iconic insurance brands. Some managers are not hands on and communicate poorly. Overall it is a good place to work and they are very fair employers
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Too many restructures.
Good culture but unstable
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  SYdney25 November 2018
Great work environment, but the management is very unstable and often inexperience. Restructure every 6 to 8 months is a norm. People are shuffled around way too often
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Unstable, Job security
Good Workplace
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 October 2018
Good place to work- nice culture-well structured. reliable managers who are understand of your needs when they can. can be high pressure at times, but processes make it easier.
No Consistency
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 September 2018
Hired in workers compensation and at 6 months they call me in and said no pay rise I missed the period and I wasn't being employed??
They then recruited a middle eastern work visa worker with no experience what so ever in workers compensation
Pros
flexible time
Cons
Management no idea just keep turning over staff
Reputable company
SALES CONSULTANT/SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 August 2018
IAG is a stable work company that provides staff benefits for Insurance which is very cost effective.
the work culture is very relaxed and everyone has a great attitude.
Pros
Staff Insurance benefits
Was once good
Claims Consultant & Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW13 August 2018
IAG was once a great company to work for, constant restructures ruined the culture - it appears upper management are making the wrong decisions given the many restructures.

It appears the restructures are on a trial and error basis and not backed by actual data or facts - I.e. they made a certain area redundant then brought it back because they made the wrong decision.

My last year there wasn't pleasant, I was denied career development because the department I worked in was ' Too Busy' to let anyone leave on secondment etc - it seems being an external applicant is ideal.

Was always told to 'Play the Game' if I wanted to get somewhere, even management encouraged this - seems being fake is how these individuals advanced in there careers and once they are in their ideal role the true colours begin to show.

On a more positive note, my first 2 years there were fantastic - its sad to see a reputable company and household name go down the drain.

Look after your good staff IAG, Happy Employee = Happy Customer & Positive workplace.
Pros
Some Flexibility and incentives
Cons
Constant Restructures and no career development - over promised and under-delivered
Solid workplace
Deskside Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 August 2018
Solid work place with a good company culture. Management is decent but many areas are being out sourced so job security is not the greatest. Heavy emphasis on work life balance.
pressured and over worked
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 July 2018
Job culture is currently poor. From an organisation that respected workers, it has a new goal and that is offshoring and any employee that is left at the company in Australia is stressed and over worked.
Good company to work for
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 June 2018
-overall, a good company to work for;
-good culture, people;
-company encourage development and provides budget for training courses;

-negative: too many restructures that slowed decision making, improvement and moving forward.
Pros
regular salary reviews plus bonus
Cons
lack of direction at times
Funky parramatta office which included pool table and PlayStations
Senior Case Manager Worker's compensation (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 June 2018
IAG has a good work life balance and awesome work culture who rewarded their staff for hard work.
IAG allowed working from home and monthly RDO.
A great insurance company to work for.
Alot of restructures
Procurement Category Coordinator, Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 May 2018
My area was impacted by a lot of restructures. The company had a good culture and the insurance teams were a pleasure to work with.
I enjoyed my time working there and left to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Cons
Restructures
The most trusted and respected insurance brand.
Sales and Service Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Hurstville NSW11 April 2018
I have been with IAG for 17 years. IAG has been excellent with work life balance and fully support their staff.
Our businesses provide a wide range of general insurance products to protect the homes, lifetstyles and businesses of our millions of customers to help make your world a safer place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IAG. Our community is ready to answer.