Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IAG Employee Reviews

Australia97 reviews
I learned how to stay focused and committed over a prolong period of time. The company helped with adapting to handle different customers and to stay patient when handling difficult customers.
Pros
Good support system
Cons
Not enough opportunities
always busy work days
many opportunities for growth

apporachble management

Flexible desking + timings

Work from home opportunity

cutomer centric attitude
I received new skills through an indepth training schedule. The people I worked with were very helpful, friendly and supportive. Great working environment that catered to employees needs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very little flexibility, some leaders not very empathetic towards personnel.
I learnt a lot at NRMA/IAG and am thankful for the 21 years I had with them. I worked my way from call centre consultant and was lucky to be given the opportunity to advance my career. Job security was an issue in the last few years and I eventually took a redundancy when offered.
Inspiring leaders who are forward thinking. Good corporate citizen. Hands on leaders who helped during busy times during storm season. Friendly collaborative professional people
The work is easy, relaxed and casual. They often have competitions that make working and hitting targets more of a fun game. however, targets are a major priority of the company and management and you will be pushed to hit daily targets.
Very big company but yet a great culture to work in. There were many restructures which made staff very unsettled. Excellent job opportunities and a collaborative culture.
Assessment for damaged vehicles to ascertain the repair cost to determine best possible outcome for company and client to bring vehicle back to manufacture's specification
Pros
discounted insurance
Cons
always on call
Terrible culture, no one is happy & everyone is overworked and underpaid.No support network from management. Treatment borderlines on bullying often!!!
IAG is amazing work place. Lots of freedom to try out new things. Biggest thing I like is celebrating the failures. Leaders here considers it is OK to fail but it important that we learn from our failures and improve.
Pros
environments
Cons
Fun place to work. Teams focused on making the world safer for customers. Work place culture is inclusive. Diverse teams with complementary skills, leading to high-performing teams.
Great company to work for. I have learnt a lot working in IAG and also met great colleagues. Training support is good and the work environment is motivating
It was one of the jobs you enjoyed going to work every day
it was one big family and family stick together.

some of us were that close

BBQ Night drinks after work

a lot of us stayed in contact the bonds were that strong
WFI Insurance used to be an incredible place to work, with a wonderful client service mantra. Then IAG took it over and the whole thing went down hill. They axed some of their most talented and long serving staff - claims were not resourced enough and clients were not at the forefront of their minds. Don't work there!!
Working at IAG so many years ago was good experience. It gave me the opportunity to learn and grow.
Accessible to train station

Lots of local places nearby shops, chemist, doctors etc
A once great company and culture turned on its head in endless restructures without any clear strategy or respect for its people. Lots of platitudes about valuing people and "Making Your World A Safer Place" (spare me) but none of that applies to employees. A company destroyed by too many management consultants and executives who don't understand the industry sector they operate in. Share price propped up by reserve releases and cost-cutting drives so that little shell game won't last much longer.
Pros
Relative remuneration levels are pretty good.
Cons
Nonsense centralisation strategy
A great place to work and I would highly recommend it. The people are nice and the management are like pals. The work is not to difficult and every day will be different
call center is closing down and all jobs are being sent to the phillipines. Used to have a great work culture however once offshoring the call center the culture has disappeared
Great team, great management, work life balance and no micromanaging. I enjoyed the camaraderie with the team and out ablities to work well together as a team or individually
Pros
Camaraderie with the teams and great networks
Cons
Constant re-structuring due to off shoring opportunities
Whilst working here I had great people around me who had the right balance of working hard but also knew how to have fun. My whole team was great and, despite the steep learning curve placed upon us as temporary hires to deal with large influxes of new insurance claims, I enjoyed the job after a first few stressful weeks getting to grips with the job.
Pros
Overtime on saturdays, good people, nice office, rewarding work
Cons
1.5 hour commute (my decision), steep initial learning curve
Most enjoyable times are when we would go into meetings to review our previous days and also have a nice chat and laugh.
always need to be quick on getting on the phones and helping the customer efficiently and completing the task set for the day when it is possible.

All task can be completed if the your time is managed correctly and which is what i did most of the times and got all my task completed majority of the times.

overall working there was a wonderful experience.