IAG Pay & Benefits reviews

No Consistency
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 September 2018
Hired in workers compensation and at 6 months they call me in and said no pay rise I missed the period and I wasn't being employed??
They then recruited a middle eastern work visa worker with no experience what so ever in workers compensation
Pros
flexible time
Cons
Management no idea just keep turning over staff
Good company to work for
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 June 2018
-overall, a good company to work for;
-good culture, people;
-company encourage development and provides budget for training courses;

-negative: too many restructures that slowed decision making, improvement and moving forward.
Pros
regular salary reviews plus bonus
Cons
lack of direction at times
Working at IAG
Personal Assistant to Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW16 January 2018
I worked as a personal assistant with IAG for nearly 17 years before being made redundant in December 2017.

During that time I worked with various managers, in various departments, my longest being with CGU Workers Compensation Claims NSW. I worked with various branch managers, and ended my career there supporting the Executive Manager of Claims NSW.

My day consisted of supporting my manager with emails, calendar, travel, credit card expenses and general office duties. I also supported the branch and the team managers. I helped on-board new starters, with recruitment requests for the branch.

The culture at IAG, and CGU in particular is great, and we worked hard to make the department an enjoyable place to work. I worked with a great bunch of people.

Management is great, and they believe in clear communication. We were advised of our redundancy in March, and made sure we knew what was happening every step of the way.

I learned a lot during my time with the company, and they were happy to support my development.
Pros
Flex time and a good work/life balance
Cons
As with all big companies, restructures are a fact of life. I've been through quite a few, and it does impact your life.
Great place to work in insurance industry - market leading
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 July 2017
A great place to work if you like working for large organisations. The salary is OK, conditions are good. Paternity leave is generous. Would recommend working at IAG and CGU.
Great people, flexible hours
Customer & Channel Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Perth WA20 May 2017
Very flexible with hours and operation hours are from 7am - 8pm, also provide work from home options.
Site management is great, and most enjoyable part of the job is that each day is different.
Pros
Work hours, staff discounts, recognition
Cons
No free parking, frequent process changes
Too many unnecessary restructures over a short period of time.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC1 November 2016
Constantly restructuring leading to too many job losses. All management want to do is restructure to save salary expenses.
Flexibility
Project Implementation Lead (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 August 2016
The company has great flexibility supporting work life balance and great company benefits such as staff discounts on products and services.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not alot of development opportunities
Kiss the right A#@ & keep quiet.
Motor Assessor Lvl III (Former Employee) –  Mulgrave, VIC28 February 2015
I'd have thought that the expectation of most people would be that if your proven time & time again as being one of the most efficient & technically proficient staff, that this would count for something.

IT DOES NOT WITH IAG MOTOR ASSESSING VIC.

Quite simply, if you are not liked by the state's senior managment then your life with this company is NOT as easy as it is for other lesser staff.
Pros
Good Wage & Benefits
Cons
Office Politics & back stabing
Typical Day
Retail Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Centre, New South Wales9 December 2014
My day at the branch always start with a 10 minute quick meeting with my team where we set goals and commit to them. I quickly go trough my emails to make sure that nothing important is delayed and from 9:00 am to 11:30 am on most of the days coach my team members by observing their interactions with the customers and providing them with feedback.

After Lunch, I catch up with Administration and compliance and on busy days I am on floor with my team helping our customers get the best service possible in a timely manner. This also includes touching base with my team on 1:1 and making sure that marketing activities are happening on time.

My major learning in this role has been of being a courageous coach who consistently helps the team in giving our customers their best. Time management and being empathetic to customers as well as team members has been the biggest part of my current role. Though NRMA is an expensive insurance but we win our customers with ur strong service levels and our deep connections with them.

The most enjoyable part of my job is coaching my team members and see them develop. The hardest part of my job is managing staff in a short staff situation. To mitigate such circumstances, I get on the floor myself with my team to make sure that the customers are being served well as well my team is well supported by me.

My co-workers are my team as well as the Manager team of the North Region. I get along with everyone and I firmly believe that since I spend most of my time at work, it is important that we look after each other. This is also the culture
  more... that is being encouraged by the higher management.  less
Pros
Team Culture
Cons
Salary
Productive and positive environment, worked to meet targets constantly, moved from adminstration asistant to Case Manager .
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne CBD12 May 2014
Busy days at work. Being workcover it would a very busy environment . However it was interesting and I learnt something new everyday when dealing with employers and workers. I was constantly in touch with workers and employers arranging medical appointments , surveillances and weekly compensation.

I worked in a team where each member contributed and helped one another. We worked under pressure yet we did find time to help one another , share a joke and a smile.

I have always been lucky to have had supportive and encouraging managers and team leaders who encouraged me every step of the way.
Pros
Free lunches, morning teas, friday evening meets, awards nights
Cons
working in the city hence travel time to city from Cranbourne was quite enduring and time consuming
Looks after their employees - Great benefits
Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC26 August 2013
I was a Motor Vehicle Claims Consultant for 3 and a half years with IAG in their total loss team
It was a call centre based environment where I was required to provide top customer service to the customers calling through to enquire on their claims.
I was progressed and put through managerial training in my last 18 months at IAG where I was training staff and performing quality assurance.
The job was good, in a good environment.
Pros
Flexi roster, Rdos, higher than standard super contribution, great maternity leave benefits
Cons
Lack of senior position openings.
Great place to work at with excellent people
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mulgrave, Vic20 November 2012
A typical day in claims is what i would expect any other insurance company would require. However as a contractor, they are an excellent place to work. Management is not too 'high and mighty' and your coworkers can be great people to work with- unless you get stuck with or have somehow earned the wrath of a group of gossips and people obsessed with office politics. Thankfully they are usually all in one department and outside of this group, the culture is relaxed, fun and friendly.
Pros
lunches, team work, benefits with iag products
Cons
office politics and gossip!!!