ICE Design Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere, good team
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD26 February 2018
Happy workplace, customer satisfaction, hours were good, I would open and close on occasions, kpi’s were always met. The shop in the shopping centre closed down, rent was to high.
Pros
Good music
Typical Work
All round Administration (Former Employee) –  Marrickville NSW25 February 2018
Great company to work in. I had to deal with a lot of complaints and issues but colleagues were wonderful. Very helpful and caring people. Work was very tough but enjoyable!
Pros
Great team
Horrible experience
Assistant Manager 2IC (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 February 2018
Worked extremely hard for this company and got nothing out of it. Unrealistic expectations from staff and if not met, made to feel bad about. Constant drama and extremely unprofessional.
Busy and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD11 January 2018
Sometimes it would get busy, especially when it nearly christmas time, typical day at work is not that busy. I learned that it gets pretty hard at times, having to face difficult customers.
Pros
Fun hours
Cons
Management was poor and unfair
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW27 November 2017
Was a great place to work, my colleagues were so nice but management was harsh and unfair. Were trying to pin team against each other. Things particularly took a turn for the worst when we got a new manager and she always stole my sales and told regionals I wasn't performing well. Thats when I left but I loved my team members, it was like a party :D
work expeirence
Store Hand (Former Employee) –  Noarlunga Centre SA18 September 2017
at ice i just did work experience but i worked there for a week and it was awesome! the people there were lovely, they helped me out so much and i loved working in a store that i used to shop in so often
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
An experience!
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 August 2017
Was a great position to grow my people skills, definitely enhanced my love for customer and client care which has helped for positions following.

I have a great love for customer service and this was the job to put me out there and grow my skills.
productive work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW14 August 2017
I mainly was on the register and also always unpacking new clothes and stock.
Management was good overall a great place to work at and I loved every minute of it.
productive , enjoyable and creative
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC29 July 2017
I had a great pleasure working for a good fashion company with great quality outwears , i absolutely loved and enjoyed working in a team with my coworkers and what i loved the most was meeting different types of customers and helping them out with their needs and giving them advise on their outfit choices . As time passed i developed skills that helped me communicate better with my customers such as making them feel welcomed as they came in the store ,assisting them with their needs, giving them advise on their out fit choices and ideas of what outfits suited their age group. i also learned how to make plenty of sales and bring customers in making them feel special and unique , i also learned to manage my time proactively making sure to take part in as many activities as i could during the day such as helping with merchandising including putting the designs on the display, replacing the new intakes with the old ones and so on. I had a great time working in retail and hope to continue it on in the future .
Great for a routine based lifestyle
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny SA22 July 2017
Work typically consisted of a professional yet comfortable and fun environment that enabled all staff to get along and successfully help provide the best experience for customers. I learned many skills such as how to communicate with customers and help them with their ultimate goal of finding the items they were on the hunt for. I also learnt further skills in retail such as how to handle working under pressure and commercial awareness. I enjoyed being part of a hands on team with a good work ethic and motivation to run a successful business. The most challenging part of the job was management of a busy store however with perseverance and teamwork as well as self motivation that was an easily overcome obstacle.
Pros
great environment
Cons
difficult customers
Friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD16 June 2017
Great energy, great store, friendly staff members. I learned everything I know about retail, such as customer service skills, how to put through sales, how to dress mannequins, how to do the bin run.
Fun work environment
2IC MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW24 May 2017
Great bubbly work environment, great people, great mix of work and fun, awesome experience and great opportunities to advance in the company and in the retail environment itself.
fun place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Noarlunga Centre SA21 May 2017
ICE design is a great retail place that has respectful staff and is a great work place. I enjoyed the time I spent there as a work experience person I was treated well.
Pros
meeting new people
The best place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD9 May 2017
I personally believe Ice Design is a great place to work. It was friendly. I learnt how to manage time and have fun while working. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was was only at the beginning when trying to learn the different required areas of the job.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
didn't have any cons
Poor
Assistant Store Manaager (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW23 April 2017
Went into Liquidation.
Resigned before I knew what was going to happen.
Bullied and abused by regionals.
Was underapid the legal retial award amount.
Poor clothing quality.
Ice design is a fun place to work in
Retail (Former Employee) –  Noarlunga Centre SA12 February 2017
when I did work experience at ICE design I learned how to syle mannequins, make sales, greet customers, present a wall, put things away and be a team member
Pros
Making friends
fun, never bored place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW12 February 2017
always greated with a smile and a laugh by my team and management
music was always playing
had great customers,
whenever there was a customer complaint my manager would step up and deal with it with a good manner
the best part of the job was my team because we had all gotten very close and just worked great together
Pros
good music, great team
Cons
was hardly busy
Productive, postive people to work with
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD23 January 2017
The other employees at ICE design were very positive towards everything and made the job worthwhile, the job was very full on always putting clothes on racks, greeting the customers and letting them know about what sales are on, always on the job
Music to listen and dancing
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW16 January 2017
its very demanding, i learn new things everyday and learn more about my self
Love listening and dancing at the same time wile working
Helping out customers to choose their outfits for occasions
talking to new customers everyday gaining new experiences everyday
Hardest part of the job is unpacking clothes and hanging them and closing down part where you would have to vacuum the whole store!!
Pros
Breaks are 1 hour
great
Casual sales (Former Employee) –  Noosaville QLD6 January 2017
loved working there, manager was great, loved the fashion available from this store, loved all the customers and work colleagues were amazing to work with