identitywa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

identitywa Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
Identitywa provide respect and dignity to their individuals
Working for Identitywa is a very good experience and they ensure that to correct level of service is supplied to the people they support. Working closely with their staff and NDIS
Stressful and unsafe
I found management very difficult as they would change their mind on what you could and couldn’t do on a daily bases and they were hardly ever on the same page as each other.
Great company and supportive staff at head office
I learned a lot working as a support worker and loved helping care for the individuals in their homes. The staff were friendly, caring and a great team. The hardest part was pleasing everyone and the behaviours of concern with some of the individuals. The most enjoyable part was being out in the community and going to disability dance and birthday parties and seeing the joy on peoples faces.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner, free training
Cons
Some staff were bullying and dominating which made it unbearable.
Family Support Worker and Residential Worker
This is a great place to work. The management are friendly and go out of their way to make the job interesting, safe and enjoyable. They have the best interests of the staff at heart. Relationships are built on trust with the clients and with the management. I enjoy the weekend work because it gives me time in the week to do my shopping, banking and other official business. The hours are flexible and rosters are determined with your availability taken into account.
Pros
Friendly and professional management and employees
Working with a team of caring people to make a difference in the lives of people with disability.
Excellent opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with disability. A large organization with opportunities for career advancement.
Pros
Positive work environment.
Cons
Working weekends and late finishes.
Individuals come first
Working with the individuals in their homes gives you a rewarding and fulfilling lifestyle, giving without taking. Loving them unconditionally and not expecting from anyone is the key to happiness. You are here because you want to work and help those who are in need. Not for the power or the position or higher pay... if so then this job is not for you.
There will be some staff members who will create problems for you because they are searching for power, or credit... But you can bring it to higher management and they will deal with it. People are only human and you will meet them wherever you go... they will try to bring you down but you are not here for the staff who works with you... they are your equal, they are not above you.

We need more friendly faces in this industry, those who are willing to give their time without calculating and controlling.

The main role is to prepare the individuals for the day as per your shift. Taking them to places or prepare them to be taken to places. Medications are a vital part of their daily lives, making sure they are given a balanced diet, a balanced lifestyle and making sure they are comfortable. Also contribute towards their safety and their rights. Remember, we are their voice.
Pros
Ongoing training, home cooked food, nice people to work with
Cons
There are not nice people that you will come across, unfortunately it is inevitable any where
Productive and fun place to work at, with private outdoor seatings
Being an office worker, a typical day involved daily email checking, invoice processing, authorizations, inwards/outwards correspondence and daily bank reconciliations

I learnt that they scan authorised invoices through to their filing system before invoice was processed, which was a new thing for me to learn.

Hardest part of the job was getting the information to the correct person for authorisation, as there were many people this position had to deal with.

The people were very friendly here at Identity WA - hope I get the pleasure of working with them again.
Pros
lunch breaks
Enabling individuals to be active participants in the community
Supporting individuals with mental illness and intellectual disabilities, as a registered nurse in a non-acute setting, living in shared accommodation.
Supervisor to 8 staff offering guidance, education and knowledge to assist them in supporting these individuals
Pros
Making a difference in people's lives is the reward
Cons
Activities limited due to government funding ie NDIS
Good employment
It is a good environment to work in and i enjoy coming to work daily.
I am always learning something new and the training is excellent and frequent and staff are efficient in offering assistance.
staff is not valued
I enjoyed being a Residential carer, I just didn't enjoy the rest of the staff, bar one individual. Had it not been for this person I would have resigned long before the time that I did.
Pros
not many
Cons
ignorant staff
Excellent work/life balance with strong emphasis on professional development and upskilling
A typical day at work with generally involve managing challenging behaviours, meal management and personal care/hygiene management. It would also entail the ongoing re-assessment and re-evaluation of the goals and needs of service recipients in order to provide them with the best service possible.
I learned more about the challenges faced by people with physical, mental and intellectual disabilities with regards to day-to-day routines and their attempts at assimilation with the wider community.

I had a highly experienced and understanding coordinator who was always available when needed and always had the welfare of staff at heart in all his decisions.

My co-workers were mostly tremendously fun to work with who were great sources of information and ideas when mind-mapping ways for the organisation to move forward.

The high turnover of casual staff was an ongoing challenge for us permanent staff as this generally resulted in the disruption of the routines that had been set up for the service recipients. Undoing their mistakes/errors was a constant challenge and nuisance.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was watching our service recipients learn, embrace and adopt the many personal and social skills that we equipped them with to become higher functioning and ultimately more independent in their daily lives.
Pros
many opportunities for professional development & upskilling
Cons
high turnover of casual staff
we have fun with our clients
we always having fun when we go out with our clients like on beech, for shopping, in school, on camp, friends day out etc. I found hardest part of job is medical emergency because life is matter.
Pros
any time on the job
Cons
some time