IDEXX Laboratories
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IDEXX Laboratories Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
It was very good work life balance as you could pick your shifts either day or night Monday to Saturday . But there was a lot of pressure and rushing to get the samples back to the lab . I felt it got to a point where you had speed to get back in time . To much rushing which could lead to dangerous driving . Also some of the staff in the courier team would bully the newer employees.
Do not recommend working with this company. Underpaid staff, supervisor is not competent gets training from staff.
1am shifts without proper night shift pay.

Hired as scientist but paid and contracted as technician.
My Typ[ical day at work would be Data Entry, Specimen Receipt and Distribution, Collation of Results and Reports via email, Clerical and Reception Support.
Idexx is a great company to work, seeing that idexx was my first proper job it was good experience working there for the pass 6-7 years. The management at the Adelaide lab is really good and understanding and willing to work around study loads and other life challenges.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
not many shifts
Work was not difficult. there were day shifts and night shifts. 5 areas allocated to 5 drivers each shift. Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, North Brisbane, South Brisbane and West Brisbane.

Job required good common sense and driving skills. Politeness and curtious towards clients and fellow workers encouraged.
Pros
Work assigned to driver to be done in timely manner, in Company car
Cons
Laboratory located East Brisbane at quite a distance from my home.
Upper management is well structured, the Veterinary Pathologist and Medical Officers are really experienced. Customer Service is also outstanding.
Pros
Good updates from upper management, BBQ and Birthday cakes.
Cons
Too far to travel.
Depending on our courier drivers will determine what time we finish on a daily basis. Because there is only 3 technicians on a night shift we are having to get work done and processed before the day shift starts at 5am. So always busy which keeps you focused and making sure details are entered correctly or the end result will not be correct.
High attention to detail for this position with both on the computer and testing urine, bloods, faeces etc.

Learnt different parts of the laboratory in the haematology department as well as the chemistry and Microbiology.

Co-workers were always awesome to work with and very flexible especially with family matters.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the fun we use to have after work is completed and our every Friday night dinners.
Pros
Part time hours
Cons
Long drive to work due to night shift