IGA Employee Reviews

Found 659 reviews matching the search See all 1,751 reviews
Would not recommend
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boolaroo NSW21 February 2019
The oldest classical Greek and Latin writing had little or no space between words and could be written in boustrophedon (alternating directions). Over time, text direction (left to right) became standardized, and word dividers and terminal punctuation became common. The first way to divide sentences into groups was the original paragraphos, similar to an underscore at the beginning of the new group.[2] The Greek paragraphos evolved into the pilcrow (¶), which in English manuscripts in the Middle Ages can be seen inserted inline between sentences. The hedera leaf (e.g. ☙) has also been used in the same way.
Pros
N.A
Good Workplace.
BAKERY TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Queensland31 January 2019
Workplace was relatively good, enjoyable experiences, however my personal former bakery manager wasn't easy to get along with and would constantly put me down in the workplace and cut my hours simply because she did not get along with me.
Great environment to work in.
Supervisor/ Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD20 January 2019
I enjoyed the inclusive environment and the people I worked with. Management is great easy to communicate with. The job is fast paced and challenging which I enjoy.
Pros
Fast paced and great staff to work with.
Cons
Pay is low and over time is not given and penalty rates.
Boring, but lots of kind fun people.
general customer service (Former Employee) –  Picton NSW14 January 2019
I personally enjoyed working here a lot more as it included a team, it was productive, and I learned a lot about retail workplace. The management was great, and there were no issues with anything. The hardest part of this job I would say was just getting through the long hours. The most enjoyable part about it, however, was that everyone was willing to help you learn and teach you, while also making it fun.
Poor Management
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Buderim QLD11 January 2019
Poorly managed working environment. Poor shift roster management. Always hiring new, younger staff and letting the older staff go. I was always helping my managers complete their tasks while still having my own jobs to do. Overall, just really poor management...
Pros
Made some good friends.
Cons
Unfriendly management.
Well such an good environment they have 👍🏻 The best place for working as it feels so good and even builts confidence in you.
Casual Worker (Current Employee) –  Mosman NSW9 January 2019
Develops alots of things in you such as communication skills , critical thinking , making right and wise desions. Develops your overall personality as that will be so much benificial for us
Pros
They have proper breaks, even staff discounts
Cons
I feel that there is nothing till
it was ok
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willagee WA8 January 2019
was okay to work there. it was close to were i used to live and the pay was okay but could have better. the uniforms were black which was cool and they were flexible
great environment friendly boss
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coolah NSW7 January 2019
a great place to work fun and enjoyable. absolutely loved the work environment and i would work for them again anytime. the best part was how understanding my boss was of what hours i could work as at the time i had 2 young kids.
Pros
christmas party
Very good long term job. Good experience.
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 January 2019
Excellent work experience for registers, stock duty and working with food. Good pay, good hours. Some poor management skills occasionally. Owners too set on making money/saving money and not caring about employees.
fast paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 January 2019
I personally loved the workplace, working with the management and coworkers didn't make it feel like a job to be there. the reason I need to leave is connected to my condition purely and I wish I didn't have to leave but I also want to find my career and my first step would have to be moving on
Pros
local family
Cons
short breaks to non
boring work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  wentworth point2 January 2019
store was always empty just made me stand there really wanted to do more hands on work i feel like my day was wasted standing around an empty store when i could be cleaning or helping with other duties and the manager was incredibly rude
Fun and welcoming workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapman ACT25 December 2018
There is never a stressful day at work when you're surrounded by kind and supportive staff members, and with approachable and knowledgable management.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Limited benefits
Wasn’t too bad.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kwinana WA14 December 2018
As a former employee at IGA, all i can say is it was simple. Fast paced but steady, not too strict, but not too lazy. Most of the other staff were pleasing and great workers. The pay rate isn’t so bad once you move up in the business, but is slow when you first start.
Pros
staff store account.
Awesome
Casual Junior (Former Employee) –  Northampton WA13 December 2018
Amazing people and well organised work. absolutely loved the environment and local touch the store gave. would highly recommend. learnt a lot for my first job.
Good work/life ratio
CASHIER & STOCK WORKER (Current Employee) –  Point Cook VIC13 December 2018
Always enjoyed working with the people alongside myself. Does a very good job at making life easy and giving individuals a healthy balanced lifestyle.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Can get boring with not much work to do
it was enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta WA11 December 2018
Iga was an enjoyable job
the staff where great
management was like family
i learbt how to stock take
serve customers
long hours where hard
being able to work a job i enjoyed
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours stamding
Friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cremorne, AU11 December 2018
Friendly environment, constant work, nice customers, short distance from home, good training, incentivised additional payment system based on scanning speed.
Fine Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wantirna, AU10 December 2018
Not bad not good. the employees made It so much fun to go to work. The job itself was fine, and customers were great. management made things a little tricky but overall the job was bearable
Great people to work with and flexible work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bathurst NSW10 December 2018
A great first job to have as the staff are incredibly friendly and I have made lifelong friendships. My roster and the days I worked were incredibly flexible, allowing me to have an enjoyable social life and schooling life without feeling I was overcome by work. Management were friendly and understanding of any personal issues which impacted on my ability to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Didn't have set shifts
good place to work
Delicatessan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD4 December 2018
good training method, good workplace culture, however management was abit all over the place and the pay was very low.

They involved everyone in team meetings as well.
Pros
free food at meetings
Cons
pay rate was terrible