Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IGA Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
Enjoyed working at IGA, very helpful management and amazing environment to work in. Work life balance is good and justifable as you get enough days off if you need.
IGA was a great experience learning new skills daily, on a normal day i use to walk and clock in with finger print, loved the job honestly and loved the customers, always respected them and made sure they left the store with satisfaction.
Pros
Learnt new skills
Cons
Had to move house
Awesome great job loved working there. Had to Leave as of family emergency not because I wanted to. Wish I didn't have to leave. Had an awesome down to earth boss.
Cons
I get given 1 shift a week, they refuse to give me any more because i do not scan as fast as the other girls. I am under constant strain to be fast and not talk to customers. They used to have some very illegal reasons to fire people but have since been changed. They do not give breaks for 4 hour shifts which is illegal and have really weird rules in the lovker rooms and bathrooms.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Barely any shifts
I learned new things, had a great time working there. Some staff were hard to deal with but overall it was avoid experience. Would recommend working with iga
Pretty relaxed environment. Learn how to deal with all sorts of customers young and old, gets you a decent sense of a work environment in retail and supermarkets. Mostly young people at IGA which suits mostly for high schoolers and people in early 20s. Not a bad starting place to earn some money for yourself while studying.
the management does not and will not care about you as an employee and your pay will almost always be wrong. the management will also act nice to your face but talk horribly about you behind your back (it wasn’t just with me, it happened to literally everyone). there are literally no benefits to working there, as in there’s no discount or anything. the local customers are awesome and i love them all but you’re mostly gonna be dealing with rich tourists and karen’s who are most likely going to be the worst people you’ll ever meet
Fantastic job for someone who has a real passion for customer service. The flexibility of hours, decent pay rate, fun but fast-paced environment.

I learned a great deal at IGA, and thoroughly enjoyed it all. The customers could be difficult at times, as in any customer-facing job, but it was always a thrill to turn a complaint into a happy customer leaving the store.

Working the front end close shift gave me a great deal of autonomy which I loved, while managing a small team, and while I didn't often see my direct management as I was working after their hours, they were always helpful and supportive and we kept in touch.
Pros
Great workplace environment
Each day I was involved with stocking shelves, cleaning, removing waste and providing face to face customer service. Team Leaders were good to work with.
The atmosphere working for IGA was happy & relaxed but always busy.
So much to get done in your shift but there was never any stress or nastiness between staff always happy and friendly.
Hi enjoyed working at IGA however I just could not get enough hours to sustain my cost of living. There is a lot of young teens working here and they only like to give you one or two shifts a week.
IGA is a super inclusive and collaborative workplace. It has taught me to think fast under pressure and has improved my customer service skills. Overall I think IGA is a good first job to help me understand basic job skills to help succeed in any future job opportunities.
a great yet challenging experience. great and friendly enviroment to work in. very hands on labour in a busy working enviroment. l learnt how to work cohesively in a group along the way.
I found it an excellent training ground for customer service experience. Senior staff were supportive and helpful. The skills I gained working here have helped me greatly.
Good job easy work lovely workers and customers, sometimes was a struggle but I coped it was hard not being able to move on the one spot for so many hours
Easy fast paced work environment i learnt lot of new skills working here and how to deal with customers in a busy environment. Easy job for beginners and if your looking at expanding your skills.
 Receive payment by cash, credit card, and vouchers
 Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.

 Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.

 Resolve customer complaints.
Fantastic job for someone who has a real passion for customer service. Flexibility of hours, decent pay rate, fun but fast paced environment.

I learned a great deal at IGA, and thoroughly enjoyed it all. The customers could be difficult at times, as in any customer facing job, but it was always a thrill to turn a complaint into a happy customer leaving the store.

Highly recommend!
I started at IGA at a very young age. It gave me the opportunity to develop my communication skills with staff and customers and to be a team leader as the years went on. It was a high pressured environment at times which is where I thrived.
Always plenty to do, great Team to work with, so hard to leave,Managers very understanding, able to work on my own or as a team, Sick leave IGA was very understanding.
Working at IGA improved my social skills greatly, especially at a young age it built up my confidence to engage with co-workers and customers. Working at IGA included checkout, stacking shelves, markdowns etc. Personally it taught me alot in terms of growing up, earning my own money, working hard and managing my time with school/work. Keep in mind I was 13 when i started working here.