IGA Employee Reviews

Found 672 reviews matching the search See all 1,803 reviews
Productive and fun work environment
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Kennedy WA4 April 2019
Working at IGA is great and very easy. I've learned to lots with regards to cash handling and great customer service. The most enjoyable part of working there would be becoming friends with the other staff as we all of become really close.
Pros
The staff are lovely
Cons
Sore back from having to stand at the checkout
I love my job
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Hunters Hill NSW3 April 2019
I love my job, my boss is fantastic, good local community vibes, great benefits etc. I highly recommend working here for casual or full time employment, decent hours and decent pay.
Equal Opportunity fun workplace
Cashier, Deli (Former Employee) –  Eagleby QLD29 March 2019
Very Good training, focuses on Health and Safety and Customer Service. Friendly and helpful environment. Gives you flexible hours. Gives everyone equal opportunity.
It's a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA27 March 2019
I was working in a dangerous area, so the security was a bit off. However, the owner of the shop was nice and took care of new staff. I quitted because my parents were worried about my safety.
Nice Job
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC22 March 2019
Work culture was food serving liquor to the customer and giving a brief description of liquor which is good and which is bad and keeping vegetables fresh and making happy to customer
Pros
Free food
Cons
No Extra Hours
working
Stock and Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 March 2019
Take care of all aspects of the business
- Communicate with customers and scheduling - Create marketing and promotional material
- Manage finances for the business
- Manage social media accounts
- Take care of deliveries and pick ups
it was good
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lalor VIC20 March 2019
The days work was short and poor
i learned about cashier skills
the management was fine
the workplace culture was awful
the hardest part of the job was having to deal with some of the awful management
the best part was the other works helping each other
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enought hours
Supervisor/Sales Assistant
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Carnarvon WA16 March 2019
Great Team environment, Learnt a lot about automotive parts and Customer service procedures and being part of team preparing sales for customers and promotional work in floor sales and Trade
productive work place
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manly QLD15 March 2019
was slicing of deli meats, ordering stock, cooking chickens, setting up the display case and making fresh rolls to go.
whilst there i learned how to use the slicer and ordering
i found the the management here not very approachable and not very helpful.
i got to work with other people from different cultural backgrounds.
the hardest was the long hours without having a break.
serving customers and working within a team.
Pros
good staff
Cons
long hours and no lunch breaks
Alright first job
Stocking Crew (Former Employee) –  Ruse NSW14 March 2019
Do this job for the experience, not for the money or the hours as both remain inconsistent. Job advancement is very slow as often times there is a rigid system of management often centered around the owners family
Pros
5% staff discount
Cons
short hours, low job advancement, slow training
beautiful family business
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC4 March 2019
had fun working there as a relief storeman ... had lots of fun running the storeroom and the people that owned it were amazing to me, would definitely love that job back..
the environment was great
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Childers QLD27 February 2019
There was always something new you would learn,and the bond you had with local customers was great. The management often jumped to the wrong conclusion, other than that they were fine people. The workplace staff were friendly enough and had a all together bond , the hardest part of the job was believe it or not organizing my 3 children, the easiest part of the job was helping and serving customers.
Pros
learning something new
Cons
my children
this workplace was extremely rude and not professional.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doonside NSW23 February 2019
considering that I go to school, the management behind the shift would message me an hour before a shift to come work, ignoring the fact that I had school commitments. as well as the workers that they had employed for the back of the house were disrespectful and had no manners at all. The place was dodgy and dirty.
Fun workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia21 February 2019
Good place to work with training and enjoyable atmosphere. Worked here to gain entry for second year visa in Australia as it was regional work. Would work here again
Pros
Free food
Would not recommend
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boolaroo NSW21 February 2019
The oldest classical Greek and Latin writing had little or no space between words and could be written in boustrophedon (alternating directions). Over time, text direction (left to right) became standardized, and word dividers and terminal punctuation became common. The first way to divide sentences into groups was the original paragraphos, similar to an underscore at the beginning of the new group.[2] The Greek paragraphos evolved into the pilcrow (¶), which in English manuscripts in the Middle Ages can be seen inserted inline between sentences. The hedera leaf (e.g. ☙) has also been used in the same way.
Pros
N.A
Good Workplace.
BAKERY TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Queensland31 January 2019
Workplace was relatively good, enjoyable experiences, however my personal former bakery manager wasn't easy to get along with and would constantly put me down in the workplace and cut my hours simply because she did not get along with me.
Great environment to work in.
Supervisor/ Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD20 January 2019
I enjoyed the inclusive environment and the people I worked with. Management is great easy to communicate with. The job is fast paced and challenging which I enjoy.
Pros
Fast paced and great staff to work with.
Cons
Pay is low and over time is not given and penalty rates.
Boring, but lots of kind fun people.
general customer service (Former Employee) –  Picton NSW14 January 2019
I personally enjoyed working here a lot more as it included a team, it was productive, and I learned a lot about retail workplace. The management was great, and there were no issues with anything. The hardest part of this job I would say was just getting through the long hours. The most enjoyable part about it, however, was that everyone was willing to help you learn and teach you, while also making it fun.
Poor Management
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Buderim QLD11 January 2019
Poorly managed working environment. Poor shift roster management. Always hiring new, younger staff and letting the older staff go. I was always helping my managers complete their tasks while still having my own jobs to do. Overall, just really poor management...
Pros
Made some good friends.
Cons
Unfriendly management.
Well such an good environment they have 👍🏻 The best place for working as it feels so good and even builts confidence in you.
Casual Worker (Current Employee) –  Mosman NSW9 January 2019
Develops alots of things in you such as communication skills , critical thinking , making right and wise desions. Develops your overall personality as that will be so much benificial for us
Pros
They have proper breaks, even staff discounts
Cons
I feel that there is nothing till