IGA Employee Reviews

Found 685 reviews matching the search See all 1,855 reviews
Wonderful workplace filled with amazing people.
Night Filler and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 June 2019
My time at IGA was a blessing, the environment is welcoming and the people are wonderful. IGA taught me fundamental skills in customer service and laid the foundations for my ability as a worker.
Pros
Amazing environment
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonona NSW19 June 2019
A typical day at work would require hard work. I learned that It is important to be responsible and also act in a fast pace to anticipate the stock available to the customers. The work place culture is very good with friendly co workers.
Easy workplace
Cashier & Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manly QLD18 June 2019
IGA is a very easy place to work at as everyone is very nice and understanding. All the staff help you learn and make working fun.
Lots to do most of the time
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Customers
Very fair place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ballan, Aus14 June 2019
I enjoyed my time at IGA it was short but it was good. This Plsce was small but there was always plenty to do. Everyone i worked with was very nice. They could have been more clear in training or more training in general, but overall i would recommend working here.
Pros
Nice people, Always busy
Cons
Difficult to get time off
Work roster flexible to your needs
RETAIL ASSISTANT / CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Perth WA14 June 2019
IGA is very considerate towards their employees as they try to give shifts to everyone. My job gives me extra shifts whenever I need and provides me with time off during my exams and whenever I ask for it.
Pros
Flexible roster
Cons
Rude customers
worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swan View WA 60564 June 2019
I have worked in the company for many years, was never a pleasant experience, it was always such hard work for such low pay and you get into trouble by the manager when it wasn't up to standard for the smallest things which just ruined your day completely, I don't think the manager understands that teaching/correcting in kindness makes working much more pleasant. To top that all off when I turned older they didn't pay- rise me until I mentioned and then the didn't even backtrack it, they just started paying from then. Nasty management is never good and many have quite in result to that so from my many years of working I highly recommend looking at a different store :)
Pros
kind co-workers
Cons
horrible manager, horrible shifts, horrible managment, bad pay
Safe learning environment
Grocery Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atwell WA31 May 2019
My typical day involved being on the cashier and serving customers, if there were no customers I would keep my area clan or stack and refill the shelves. I would also handle the cigarettes and sort them from the vault. I learnt how to handle money machines and cigarettes. The hardest pat was dealing with rude customers because they couldn't be pleased. I enjoyed making friends and being friendly with each other.
Pros
Friendly environment
part time
Produce Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ulladulla NSW28 May 2019
good after school job but were better opportunities after school, which is why i started at my other positions listed in my resume, but full time work is what suits me better
place was not fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redcliffe QLD21 May 2019
IGA was a good place to work but then they stop giving me shifts, so it was hard for me to support my family and help out my parents with bills and food.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
not that much long hours
Laid back and chill
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 May 2019
Was not giving proper training, so struggled to understand how everything works and ran. Didn't feel welcomed to the store when I first started either.
Pros
Not fast paced, very chill
Cons
Not good training and was left at the register by myself on the first day
Good place for a first proper job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratton WA17 May 2019
Felt very welcome and safe at this job, despite being in a sketchy area. The workers made me feel very good and I liked coming to work. Great place to work!
Overall review summary
customer service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 May 2019
IGA Express is a company that I work for. I work in the deli section of IGA. I specialise in all of the deli requirements. Its a really fast paced working environment which makes it easy to work if you were partnered up. I work in the deli alone. No one is with me, except the other workers that are placed to face and shelve items.
The pay is disturbing considering my age and the amount of work I do in the deli section part of IGA.
My customer service has been developed dramatically, and I have acquired patience through working at IGA, which I am thankful for.
my only concern is that we work long hours for a not so good pay. when I first started working there I was getting $12 an hour now I get $15. it is a change, but at the same time its not considerable.
A fantastic place to work. Energetic, reassuring, competent
IGA, cashier (Former Employee) –  Lesmurdie WA26 April 2019
I was a retail assistant which entailed working at the checkout, being polite and happy to the customers, giving them succinct directions, and approvals of their purchases. I had some ordering to do, stocking up of items and to keep the area clean and tidy. The owners were polite and introduced new ways of doing things.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
The early hours of starting.
fun workplace
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Broadford VIC16 April 2019
fun working with co workers. easy work. always fresh local and friendly. easy and hardworking co workers lots of fun to be around good working conditions
Productive and fun work environment
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Kennedy WA4 April 2019
Working at IGA is great and very easy. I've learned to lots with regards to cash handling and great customer service. The most enjoyable part of working there would be becoming friends with the other staff as we all of become really close.
Pros
The staff are lovely
Cons
Sore back from having to stand at the checkout
I love my job
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Hunters Hill NSW3 April 2019
I love my job, my boss is fantastic, good local community vibes, great benefits etc. I highly recommend working here for casual or full time employment, decent hours and decent pay.
Equal Opportunity fun workplace
Cashier, Deli (Former Employee) –  Eagleby QLD29 March 2019
Very Good training, focuses on Health and Safety and Customer Service. Friendly and helpful environment. Gives you flexible hours. Gives everyone equal opportunity.
It's a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA27 March 2019
I was working in a dangerous area, so the security was a bit off. However, the owner of the shop was nice and took care of new staff. I quitted because my parents were worried about my safety.
Nice Job
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC22 March 2019
Work culture was food serving liquor to the customer and giving a brief description of liquor which is good and which is bad and keeping vegetables fresh and making happy to customer
Pros
Free food
Cons
No Extra Hours
working
Stock and Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 March 2019
Take care of all aspects of the business
- Communicate with customers and scheduling - Create marketing and promotional material
- Manage finances for the business
- Manage social media accounts
- Take care of deliveries and pick ups