Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
IGA Employee Review

Fun working environment with a close bond to the local community

3 May 2020
Fantastic job for someone who has a real passion for customer service. The flexibility of hours, decent pay rate, fun but fast-paced environment.

I learned a great deal at IGA, and thoroughly enjoyed it all. The customers could be difficult at times, as in any customer-facing job, but it was always a thrill to turn a complaint into a happy customer leaving the store.

Working the front end close shift gave me a great deal of autonomy which I loved, while managing a small team, and while I didn't often see my direct management as I was working after their hours, they were always helpful and supportive and we kept in touch.
Pros
Great workplace environment
27 May 2020
Same role
Customer Service (Current Employee) - Sydney NSW
Pretty relaxed environment. Learn how to deal with all sorts of customers young and old, gets you a decent sense of a work environment in retail and supermarkets. Mostly young people at IGA which suits mostly for high schoolers and people in early 20s. Not a bad starting place to earn some money for yourself while studying.
11 January 2020
Same role
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Crestmead QLD
Always plenty to do, great Team to work with, so hard to leave,Managers very understanding, able to work on my own or as a team, Sick leave IGA was very understanding.
27 June 2020
IGA (Former Employee) - Mirrabooka WA
IGA was a great experience learning new skills daily, on a normal day i use to walk and clock in with finger print, loved the job honestly and loved the customers, always respected them and made sure they left the store with satisfaction.
Pros
Learnt new skills
Cons
Had to move house