Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IGA Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working at IGA, very helpful management and amazing environment to work in. Work life balance is good and justifable as you get enough days off if you need.
I very much enjoyed the work I was doing at IGA, but the management made it an impossible environment to work in. Any complaints would result in shunning from management and/or other employees, eventually forcing you to quit due to the terrible environment that created. Management will lie to you to get what they want for the time being, then lie about you behind your back to get what they need at another time. Very conniving and manipulative.In the interview, they are VERY insistent on EVERY employee being bilingual, telling you they are unable to hire you unless you are bilingually fluent, even if your store area is heavily English. Then upon hiring you (because they are desperate for people with your specific skill set) you realize half the department managers and employees don't speak English, making the necessity of FLUENT BILINGUALISM a flat out lie.There is also nepotism, favoritism, and personal/romantic relationships between management and employees within the same departments.I worked for this location on 2 separate occasions within roughly 2.5-3 years. I was hired (and rehired after being begged to return) out of desperation both times, because the department in which I worked was severely understaffed, and horribly managed.The workplace culture is very similar to high school. Clique-y and childish, like many low paying retail jobs. Unfortunately, this also extends to the general management and store owners.Smokers get more breaks than non smokers, though unofficially. Smokers will remain on the clock and slip out secretly to take extra breaks and never - more...
Pros
Uniform provided, recently built/very big store, a few paid sick days per year, congee mobile available, some nice customers.
Cons
Long hours, unappreciated work, underpaid, nepotism within departments.
I really enjoy working for the company that makes an effort into making sure customers get more for what they pay for, especially during the economic state of the USA. But the positive work environment really depends on person-to-person and/or which stores/gas station they work at. Personally, I enjoyed working at IGA as a cashier!Although, I’ve learned that I’m not cut out for it.Besides that, the wages they give aren’t sustainable and better suited for maybe a fun job in retirement or for someone that is part of a family/housemate situation. Even then, it’s definitely not sustainable for an individual or to raise a family on.
Pros
Great company, and affordable prices.
Cons
Wages aren’t sustainable, no perks.
Workplace is only fun if you have some friends around. Managers suck they think just because they are managers they don’t need to even pick up a finger! You could be dying with a line of customers to the back and they will not do anytuung
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Bad pay, Managers are weird
gerçek bir iş disiplin adalet kısaca iga 3çü havaalanı olması gereken gibi
Pros
güzel
Cons
yönetim değişmez yünetiçi değişir
IGA was a great experience learning new skills daily, on a normal day i use to walk and clock in with finger print, loved the job honestly and loved the customers, always respected them and made sure they left the store with satisfaction.
Pros
Learnt new skills
Cons
Had to move house
Awesome great job loved working there. Had to Leave as of family emergency not because I wanted to. Wish I didn't have to leave. Had an awesome down to earth boss.
Cons
I get given 1 shift a week, they refuse to give me any more because i do not scan as fast as the other girls. I am under constant strain to be fast and not talk to customers. They used to have some very illegal reasons to fire people but have since been changed. They do not give breaks for 4 hour shifts which is illegal and have really weird rules in the lovker rooms and bathrooms.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Barely any shifts
I learned new things, had a great time working there. Some staff were hard to deal with but overall it was avoid experience. Would recommend working with iga
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IGA?
Pretty relaxed environment. Learn how to deal with all sorts of customers young and old, gets you a decent sense of a work environment in retail and supermarkets. Mostly young people at IGA which suits mostly for high schoolers and people in early 20s. Not a bad starting place to earn some money for yourself while studying.
the management does not and will not care about you as an employee and your pay will almost always be wrong. the management will also act nice to your face but talk horribly about you behind your back (it wasn’t just with me, it happened to literally everyone). there are literally no benefits to working there, as in there’s no discount or anything. the local customers are awesome and i love them all but you’re mostly gonna be dealing with rich tourists and karen’s who are most likely going to be the worst people you’ll ever meet
Fantastic job for someone who has a real passion for customer service. The flexibility of hours, decent pay rate, fun but fast-paced environment. I learned a great deal at IGA, and thoroughly enjoyed it all. The customers could be difficult at times, as in any customer-facing job, but it was always a thrill to turn a complaint into a happy customer leaving the store. Working the front end close shift gave me a great deal of autonomy which I loved, while managing a small team, and while I didn't often see my direct management as I was working after their hours, they were always helpful and supportive and we kept in touch.
Pros
Great workplace environment
Each day I was involved with stocking shelves, cleaning, removing waste and providing face to face customer service. Team Leaders were good to work with.
Great work environment. I only got to experience some of it in my high school years but overall what i did experience while working there was a great & unforgettable opportunity.
Very friendly boss that's happy to help out when in need. Very fun and friendly environment, they treat you like family. Good, helpful staff and other team members. Great fun if you like a joke while working
The atmosphere working for IGA was happy & relaxed but always busy. So much to get done in your shift but there was never any stress or nastiness between staff always happy and friendly.
This place is no longer in business. However when i was there it was a fun and exciting place to work. There was never a dull moment and you always met someone knew.
They are no longer there it is a shell now. Learned how to deal with customers and inventory along with stocking and counting your drawer and depositing money. Being able to deal with the customers who were escalated or how to form a calm environment
It was a decent job. The money was not the greatest but they worked with my schedule. They was all so friendly. The management was friendly and was not rude at all.
Some days it would be really stressful and fast pace. On other days it tends to be more relaxed. Overall it was great experience and well paid and services.
Pros
Free lunches when store closes
Cons
IGA is a super inclusive and collaborative workplace. It has taught me to think fast under pressure and has improved my customer service skills. Overall I think IGA is a good first job to help me understand basic job skills to help succeed in any future job opportunities.