IGA Management reviews

Found 198 reviews matching the search See all 1,751 reviews
Would not recommend
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boolaroo NSW21 February 2019
The oldest classical Greek and Latin writing had little or no space between words and could be written in boustrophedon (alternating directions). Over time, text direction (left to right) became standardized, and word dividers and terminal punctuation became common. The first way to divide sentences into groups was the original paragraphos, similar to an underscore at the beginning of the new group.[2] The Greek paragraphos evolved into the pilcrow (¶), which in English manuscripts in the Middle Ages can be seen inserted inline between sentences. The hedera leaf (e.g. ☙) has also been used in the same way.
Pros
N.A
Cons
Great environment to work in.
Supervisor/ Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD20 January 2019
I enjoyed the inclusive environment and the people I worked with. Management is great easy to communicate with. The job is fast paced and challenging which I enjoy.
Pros
Fast paced and great staff to work with.
Cons
Pay is low and over time is not given and penalty rates.
Poor Management
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Buderim QLD11 January 2019
Poorly managed working environment. Poor shift roster management. Always hiring new, younger staff and letting the older staff go. I was always helping my managers complete their tasks while still having my own jobs to do. Overall, just really poor management...
Pros
Made some good friends.
Cons
Unfriendly management.
Very good long term job. Good experience.
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 January 2019
Excellent work experience for registers, stock duty and working with food. Good pay, good hours. Some poor management skills occasionally. Owners too set on making money/saving money and not caring about employees.
fast paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 January 2019
I personally loved the workplace, working with the management and coworkers didn't make it feel like a job to be there. the reason I need to leave is connected to my condition purely and I wish I didn't have to leave but I also want to find my career and my first step would have to be moving on
Pros
local family
Cons
short breaks to non
Fun and welcoming workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapman ACT25 December 2018
There is never a stressful day at work when you're surrounded by kind and supportive staff members, and with approachable and knowledgable management.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Limited benefits
it was enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta WA11 December 2018
Iga was an enjoyable job
the staff where great
management was like family
i learbt how to stock take
serve customers
long hours where hard
being able to work a job i enjoyed
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours stamding
Fine Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wantirna, AU10 December 2018
Not bad not good. the employees made It so much fun to go to work. The job itself was fine, and customers were great. management made things a little tricky but overall the job was bearable
Great people to work with and flexible work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bathurst NSW10 December 2018
A great first job to have as the staff are incredibly friendly and I have made lifelong friendships. My roster and the days I worked were incredibly flexible, allowing me to have an enjoyable social life and schooling life without feeling I was overcome by work. Management were friendly and understanding of any personal issues which impacted on my ability to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Didn't have set shifts
good place to work
Delicatessan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD4 December 2018
good training method, good workplace culture, however management was abit all over the place and the pay was very low.

They involved everyone in team meetings as well.
Pros
free food at meetings
Cons
pay rate was terrible
Overall good workplace.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cranbourne West, AU2 December 2018
It is a good and clean workplace to work in. The pay is alright but not the best. I've learned and developed alot of my workplace skills there. Some of the responsibilities that I have to undertake is cigarette recording and ordering, stocking (both produce and other items), customer service, cash & eftpos handling and cleaning.
Pros
Free drink and food
Cons
Bad management
Awesome company to work at,friendly staff and management
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 November 2018
Hours working was 10 hr shifts with Overtime if wanted
I learned how to be a better person in and out of the job
Management was family to you, awesome to be there employer
I got to work with different cultures which was cool to learn different languages
The hardiest part was nothing everything thing was common sense and easy
Pros
We had a free bbq once a week, great pays
Busy Supermarket as it was the only one in the town.
Deli Worker for 4 months (Former Employee) –  Tennant Creek NT11 November 2018
Very busy. I had to learn everything as I had never worked in a supermarket Deli before. Helpful Supervisor and Management. Thoroughly enjoyed my afternoons, meeting and interacting with customers and becoming friends with many of them. There was no difficulty in any way. The most enjoyable was the friendly staff and customers.
Pros
Flexible hours as I had 2 jobs every day.
Cons
Cleaning the oven every day which took an hour.
Non-reliable work hours, gossipy kids
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bentleigh East VIC9 November 2018
After a couple of months of working here at IGA, I've found that some girls are quite gossipy. It was also quick to seem like there were some cliquey things going on. They also stopped giving me as many shifts as before. I'm already looking for another job
Pros
Extensive kitchen
Cons
Shoddy working environment
Messy Environment, friendly, helping staff.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Latrobe TAS8 November 2018
Going in seeing the timetable to see who was doing what, i generally was restocking a lot. I learnt how to take stock and restock shelves. Management was fine, casual timetable but was lenient. Workplace was very unorganised and messy, hard to get around while restocking and finding items. Hardest part was finding the items to restock on shelves. The most enjoyable part was helping people find items on shelves if needed.
Cons
Messy Environment
Low Budget Store
Casual worker in all sections (Current Employee) –  Bankstown NSW8 November 2018
A typical day at work consists of enduring hard work where we are constantly adhering to the lack of staff as budget cuts are a constant thing, poor management as you give several months advanced notice for short term leave and they still manage to screw it up.

Workplace culture is fun and bubbly and you can get along with most of the staff, and the hardest part of the job is trying to keep the work afloat in 2-3 departments on your own.

The most enjoyable part of work has to be getting to commune with staff and enjoy the bubbly atmosphere.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Lack of staff, hard yakka.
Delicatessen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC28 September 2018
My local IGA treats its employees as a family environment. A typical day at work is productive and hardworking. The management is fair and just, however I would prefer more mature employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Good for a school student who works to earn pocket money
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 August 2018
The management at IGA are really organised and respectful, but they often cut hours down and had a lot of staff. Because the hours were so unreliable, I had to get a second job on the side which meant they gave everybody else hours but not people who had other job even though I still required the hours at iga. They would call me in at very short notice and if I wasn't available they would have a mood with me. Also you have to go into the store to access the rosters which was very hard if I had uni and couldn't make it down before the week ended and they would alter our shifts and wouldn't let us know.

Overall IGA is good for a young student who wants to gain experience with kind management and a easy job. It was nice to get talking and knowing customers as well.
Pros
Kind management, co workers were nice as well
Cons
discount, breaks, minimum pay
it was fun and safe to be around
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  1 Church Street9 August 2018
the workplace culture was very save and fun, everyone respected each other, the management was very nice and respectful of other employers and customers, i expanded my customer service skills, the hardest part of my job was making sure that i give the customers the right amount of change and making sure that my till was not under or over at the end of my shift. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and getting to know the locals better
Pros
seeing friendly faces on a regular basis
IGA Brunswick Heads (Former Employee) –  Brunswick Heads NSW5 August 2018
I worked here for five months but despite that, they treated me like an intern and let me go saying that I did something that I hadn't done. The owner is mean and doesn't listen to anybody.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Untrustworthy, mean