IGA Management reviews

Found 202 reviews matching the search See all 1,847 reviews
worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swan View WA 60564 June 2019
I have worked in the company for many years, was never a pleasant experience, it was always such hard work for such low pay and you get into trouble by the manager when it wasn't up to standard for the smallest things which just ruined your day completely, I don't think the manager understands that teaching/correcting in kindness makes working much more pleasant. To top that all off when I turned older they didn't pay- rise me until I mentioned and then the didn't even backtrack it, they just started paying from then. Nasty management is never good and many have quite in result to that so from my many years of working I highly recommend looking at a different store :)
Pros
kind co-workers
Cons
horrible manager, horrible shifts, horrible managment, bad pay
it was good
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lalor VIC20 March 2019
The days work was short and poor
i learned about cashier skills
the management was fine
the workplace culture was awful
the hardest part of the job was having to deal with some of the awful management
the best part was the other works helping each other
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enought hours
productive work place
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manly QLD15 March 2019
was slicing of deli meats, ordering stock, cooking chickens, setting up the display case and making fresh rolls to go.
whilst there i learned how to use the slicer and ordering
i found the the management here not very approachable and not very helpful.
i got to work with other people from different cultural backgrounds.
the hardest was the long hours without having a break.
serving customers and working within a team.
Pros
good staff
Cons
long hours and no lunch breaks
Alright first job
Stocking Crew (Former Employee) –  Ruse NSW14 March 2019
Do this job for the experience, not for the money or the hours as both remain inconsistent. Job advancement is very slow as often times there is a rigid system of management often centered around the owners family
Pros
5% staff discount
Cons
short hours, low job advancement, slow training
the environment was great
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Childers QLD27 February 2019
There was always something new you would learn,and the bond you had with local customers was great. The management often jumped to the wrong conclusion, other than that they were fine people. The workplace staff were friendly enough and had a all together bond , the hardest part of the job was believe it or not organizing my 3 children, the easiest part of the job was helping and serving customers.
Pros
learning something new
Cons
my children
this workplace was extremely rude and not professional.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doonside NSW23 February 2019
considering that I go to school, the management behind the shift would message me an hour before a shift to come work, ignoring the fact that I had school commitments. as well as the workers that they had employed for the back of the house were disrespectful and had no manners at all. The place was dodgy and dirty.
Would not recommend
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boolaroo NSW21 February 2019
The oldest classical Greek and Latin writing had little or no space between words and could be written in boustrophedon (alternating directions). Over time, text direction (left to right) became standardized, and word dividers and terminal punctuation became common. The first way to divide sentences into groups was the original paragraphos, similar to an underscore at the beginning of the new group.[2] The Greek paragraphos evolved into the pilcrow (¶), which in English manuscripts in the Middle Ages can be seen inserted inline between sentences. The hedera leaf (e.g. ☙) has also been used in the same way.
Pros
N.A
Cons
Great environment to work in.
Supervisor/ Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD20 January 2019
I enjoyed the inclusive environment and the people I worked with. Management is great easy to communicate with. The job is fast paced and challenging which I enjoy.
Pros
Fast paced and great staff to work with.
Cons
Pay is low and over time is not given and penalty rates.
Boring, but lots of kind fun people.
general customer service (Former Employee) –  Picton NSW14 January 2019
I personally enjoyed working here a lot more as it included a team, it was productive, and I learned a lot about retail workplace. The management was great, and there were no issues with anything. The hardest part of this job I would say was just getting through the long hours. The most enjoyable part about it, however, was that everyone was willing to help you learn and teach you, while also making it fun.
Poor Management
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Buderim QLD11 January 2019
Poorly managed working environment. Poor shift roster management. Always hiring new, younger staff and letting the older staff go. I was always helping my managers complete their tasks while still having my own jobs to do. Overall, just really poor management...
Pros
Made some good friends.
Cons
Unfriendly management.
Very good long term job. Good experience.
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 January 2019
Excellent work experience for registers, stock duty and working with food. Good pay, good hours. Some poor management skills occasionally. Owners too set on making money/saving money and not caring about employees.
fast paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 January 2019
I personally loved the workplace, working with the management and coworkers didn't make it feel like a job to be there. the reason I need to leave is connected to my condition purely and I wish I didn't have to leave but I also want to find my career and my first step would have to be moving on
Pros
local family
Cons
short breaks to non
Fun and welcoming workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapman ACT25 December 2018
There is never a stressful day at work when you're surrounded by kind and supportive staff members, and with approachable and knowledgable management.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Limited benefits
it was enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta WA11 December 2018
Iga was an enjoyable job
the staff where great
management was like family
i learbt how to stock take
serve customers
long hours where hard
being able to work a job i enjoyed
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours stamding
Fine Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wantirna, AU10 December 2018
Not bad not good. the employees made It so much fun to go to work. The job itself was fine, and customers were great. management made things a little tricky but overall the job was bearable
Great people to work with and flexible work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bathurst NSW10 December 2018
A great first job to have as the staff are incredibly friendly and I have made lifelong friendships. My roster and the days I worked were incredibly flexible, allowing me to have an enjoyable social life and schooling life without feeling I was overcome by work. Management were friendly and understanding of any personal issues which impacted on my ability to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Didn't have set shifts
good place to work
Delicatessan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD4 December 2018
good training method, good workplace culture, however management was abit all over the place and the pay was very low.

They involved everyone in team meetings as well.
Pros
free food at meetings
Cons
pay rate was terrible
Overall good workplace.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cranbourne West, AU2 December 2018
It is a good and clean workplace to work in. The pay is alright but not the best. I've learned and developed alot of my workplace skills there. Some of the responsibilities that I have to undertake is cigarette recording and ordering, stocking (both produce and other items), customer service, cash & eftpos handling and cleaning.
Pros
Free drink and food
Cons
Bad management
Awesome company to work at,friendly staff and management
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 November 2018
Hours working was 10 hr shifts with Overtime if wanted
I learned how to be a better person in and out of the job
Management was family to you, awesome to be there employer
I got to work with different cultures which was cool to learn different languages
The hardiest part was nothing everything thing was common sense and easy
Pros
We had a free bbq once a week, great pays
Busy Supermarket as it was the only one in the town.
Deli Worker for 4 months (Former Employee) –  Tennant Creek NT11 November 2018
Very busy. I had to learn everything as I had never worked in a supermarket Deli before. Helpful Supervisor and Management. Thoroughly enjoyed my afternoons, meeting and interacting with customers and becoming friends with many of them. There was no difficulty in any way. The most enjoyable was the friendly staff and customers.
Pros
Flexible hours as I had 2 jobs every day.
Cons
Cleaning the oven every day which took an hour.