iiNet Employee Reviews

TPG Owned
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 February 2019
Expect to start under the Federal minimum wage. Managers are useless with no people skills. Business rules over-ride everything else. This is a TPG owned company, and TPG are bean counters.
Pros
none really
Cons
expect overwork, underpay and incompetence from managers
Diverse environment
Reception (Full time, short term contract) (Former Employee) –  Australia12 February 2019
Good company. Nice people. Not a lot of work actually got done. Different rules for different ages and time spent there..discrepancy. Good discounts.
Pros
Lots of cake and pizza
Cons
too much free time
iiNet CSR
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 February 2019
iiNet was a great place to work

Different challenges every day, which I enjoyed

Working with external vendors, internal teams and upper management gave me great exposure to multiple levels of the organization.

Hardest part of the job was making sure that our support teams were sufficiently trained due to high rate of turnover in our overseas call center.

Best part of the job was working closely with my team to achieve our goals.
Pros
Cake days!!
Cons
High turnover of overseas staff
Good
Customer Service Representative/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 January 2019
it was good to work for them, had a lot of oppotunities for advancement and a good work life balance. was sad when the company was bought out and everybody i know left.
Want to go back
Business IT Support CSR (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 January 2018
I loved working at iiNet, the culture and people are amazing. Wish I had never left and cant wait until there are positions available. Is just like a big family
Just a Very Okay Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 November 2017
Working in the support department is a highly demanding job. With a lack of staff and management who do not seem to care, those working end up exhausted from constantly fielding calls.

There is currently no room for upward mobility as the centre is clearly in preparation mode to shift overseas.

Not a terrible job but certainly not a long term position.
Staff and customer focused culture
State Manager Canberra, ACT & Southern Districts (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT23 May 2017
Staff and customer based culture - customer focused - innovative, most of this lost since TPG takeover.

Provided a great brand culture and customer focus, innovative in approach to everything. Great internal systems.
Pros
Team culture - management - allows innovative thought
Cons
TPG takeover - loss of culture - no support from top management
iiNet is gone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA5 April 2017
iiNet was bought out by ISP black hole TPG. The places I worked are completely closed down, and the company culture is absolutely dead. Everyone I know there has moved on
Very high pace adn fun work place
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 April 2017
iiNet was a very productive, ever changing work place on a daily basis. Even with the high stress loads Managers and staff maintained a fun attitude, willing to assist one and another with any difficult situations. One of the core company mission statements was Awesome customer service, providing the best to assist customers, and ensure that everything was handled as quickly as possible.
As a Senior Customer Service Representative/Team Leader, we were required to think on our feet to assist our teams to ensure the very best end results.
Pros
Free Fruit and monthly lunchs
Cons
High work loads
Amazing place to work prior to TPG takeover
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 March 2017
Always busy
Never Boring
Amazing team, all well versed in latest tech.
Dynamic team
Ability to share ideas & be listened to
At the forefront of Technology
Always being able to fix issues & empower customers with information.
Pros
Amazing facilities & social Events
Cons
The boss left & the new one is not of the same customer centric standpoint.
Great culture
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth Australia19 January 2017
Loved working here! Great people and great office.

Only reason I left was due to moving overseas.

Great atmosphere and a lot of fun.
Great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Subiaco WA26 December 2016
Company was good, management staff was not.

Expected to meet targets while providing the best service possible, doing so was not possible. if you did reach your targets you got almost nothing for it
Used to be fantastic.
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Subiaco WA16 October 2016
When I began my job at iiNet, I was awestruck by the culture there, and the fun you could have while being in a professional environment. The pay wasn't great, less than satisfactory - but you were looked after with small benefits here and there that made the job great.

After TPG bought iiNet, the culture died. It became a money-saving company, and the CEO was to rake in all the profits, while in the proverbial engine room, we received no further remuneration, regardless of the fact that all of the staff benefits were taken away.
Pros
I was great at my job
Cons
Tpg
Rare chances of advancing within the company.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Subiaco WA28 June 2016
Low salary. The environment can be fun, though the majority of the time it's AHOD.
I adapted to the new technologies within IT, as the changes progress.
An amazing unique culture
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 January 2016
Great place to work.
Great staff.
Unique approach.
Excellence in Customer Service.
A connection between all staff is unique and valued.
I can recommend iiNet as an employer.
Enjoyable workplace with opportunities for advancement
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Subiaco, WA8 May 2015
Working with iiNet was a great experience. They love to focus on their employees needs and work towards allowing the workplace to be enjoyable and not stressful.
Pros
Staff Events
Cons
Strict KPI's
Good workplace, supportive environment
Senior Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Subiaco1 December 2014
iiNet has a great workplace and supportive environment. The focus on development and training allows staff to grow and reach their potential.

I learn something new more or less everyday and end of month drinks are always welcomed.
Good place to work, but not the best.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide19 October 2014
I worked for iiNet for roughly four months and recently resigned.
iiNet is overall a good job. The pay tends to be on the lower side for this type of job, but you do have the opportunity to earn 'reward' bonus if you meet your stats, which is relatively easy. It also increases the longer you stay there and the more training you complete.
They provide a good level of training, but you learn most from actually doing the job. There is a continuing high standard of support from more experienced or senior customer service representatives when you're on the phones.
The Adelaide office especially managed to do a great job and hiring people with great personalities on an ongoing basis, so everyone is really friendly, fun and helpful. iiNet also provides events like end of month drinks and parties, so you have plenty of time to get to know them and socialize.
I found the hardest part of the job is the repetitive nature of the job and the surroundings (I found the call centre environment driving me a bit crazy and miserable, because all of my previous work experience was in busy face-to-face customer roles and had much more variety) as well as sometimes having to follow up from tasks that other representatives should have and already COULD have completed. Some customers would be angry, but they were relatively easy to deal with (as long as you don't take anything personally).
Management was generally quite good, with some exceptions. Some managers didn't know the actual systems, and they tend to ride you really hard about meeting your 'stats', which can get a bit stressful
  more... (but is totally understandable).
I found that becoming really miserable there was a lack of support, and also if you become really sick there isn't much you can do in the way of leave.
There was also a merger of brands recently which required existing staff to learn and entirely new system in under an hour.
Would be a good job if you're used to an office environment and talking on the phone all day and don't mind a lower pay than most other companies in the industry.
Pros
Parties and events, awesome work mates, free cake, massages, coffee and cereal.
Cons
Lower pay than other call centre jobs, sometimes a lack of personal support
Excellent Employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth19 June 2014
iiNet is an great place to work.

- Friendly staff.
- Open door policy with management.
- High levels of staff support.
- Excellent facilities, rivalling Google itself.
- Extensive work from home program
- Great opportunities for advancement or improvement

Excellent perks such as monthly cake days, and drinks nights, constant free food in the form or fruit, lollies, nuts and hot drinks (excellent coffee). Not to mention christmas parties and theme months (halloween for example)

Provide good quality and reasonably priced products
Pros
See below;
Cons
Pay isn't great, although that was improving dramatically just as I left.
Amazing workplace and culture.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth29 July 2013
My time at iiNet was nothing short of amazing. They are a supportive tight knit unit who will bend over backwards to ensure you advance as far as you want to, as long as you're willing to put in the work.

I owe this company for the belief they had in me and the confidence they gave me to pursue further opportunities. I learned that i am capable of achieving many of the goals that i set out to achieve.

The management team i worked with are a great bunch of people, we held each other accountable at all times to ensure that the call centre functioned at a high standard.

The hardest part of the job was mainly dependent on factors out of our control such as network issues that caused customer frustration.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of making a difference.
Pros
Free lunches, Excellent Culture, Free Events