Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IKEA:

IKEA Employee Reviews

Australia114 reviews
Busy and stress full.
Where i worked in my department(return and exchange),always busy.Customers are always demanding,you have to make a quick decisions regardless and talked nicely with them.
friendly and fast-paced

Fast-paced.

Good pay.

Weekly rosters.

Flexible hours.

They provide you with tools and uniform.
Interesting place to work
Working with like-minded people is amazing, store can get quite busy which has its positives and negatives obviously. Ability to self manage and be trusted by management is a strong point.
Productive and worth working
Very friendly environment and got a chance for different new experience. It is work working in IKEA with very friendly managers and team leaders. you feel like you are working in a family. Everyone there work with a good work ethics .
Ikea avoid at all costs
5.5 years of my life I want to forget. Worse management team of any employer I have had in my working life. Profit profit profit is there sole concern. Underpaid overtime over three month period then blacklisted with hours cut when you challenge them about it. Bullied on a daily basis for having the audacity to stand up for your rights. Never been more happy to leave a job.
Fun Work Place
It was an amazing place to work and Ikea gave me a very go work life balance. They were very understanding when it came to shifts and holidays/sick time. i would recommend to anyone looking for a job in retail.
Productive workplace
overall i feel that working for IKEA in pamphlet and catalogue delivery was fun but a little exhausting to me because i had to walk everywhere to deliver.
Bestest
Workers are very friendly ,ypu get treated well great pay and you get to work on weekends
All workers are treated fairly and they don't over work their worker's too
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IKEA?
A true Multinational Company, good management
Very good organization and need to interest for learning, some physical works.Can change department. Most of the opennings are part time.I enjoyed my work in IKEA.
The people are what make this place great!
Large workplace means lots of opportunities to make friends. Working with awesome people makes this a great place to work
Busy fast-paced environment. There is never a boring day.

Long opening hours means lots of opportunities for shifts for those with flexible working hours. However, the working hours can also be unfriendly for family and social life.
Micro Management- feels like your at school again
- management chose where you sat when you’d walk in for your shift
-you’d get in trouble for laughing,sneezing,talking in between calls you would litterally get a warning

- calling in sick you’d get a warning

- eating at your desk is forbidden if you do warning

-HR can’t do their job, when there was a aboriginal discrimination in the workplace they did nothing about it and swept to under the rug

- great co-workers
13 yrs long journey with this IKEA, great culture, get to meet lot of people from different ethnicities. Hard work pays you off. Great place to go to work.
Was not good
Management did not listen to concerns which were raised and wouldn't look after workers. Very poor experience overall and I would not recommend this position or place of work.
table tennis
cool co-workers

PM shift is pretty cruisy

Money is manageable

very safety focused

internal hiring is encouraged

Christmas party and other Swedish celebrations throughout the year
Poor Management and Culture
Worked in the Call Centre. Great place tp work when I first started however in the last 2 years and in 2019, there is a no culture and management is useless. The department is run like a prison where everything is micro-managed including your toilet breaks, There is no worker or job development so little chance of progressing. No transparency but lots of favouritism.
It's good sometimes
I worked in the recovery department and found myslef handling many responibilites at once. We were low on staff but I don't beleive that is an excuse for me to be on my own for 5 hours on some shifts. Very stressful. Managers are nice on the first day but the majority of them are on a power trip.
Lunch is cheap and very nice but even then, the checkout coworker will disapear - very frustrating.

If you're able to advance in IKEA let me know. I was told that there was but was never in a position to advance.

Managers love to point out flaws and rarely appreciate the work that you do.

Availabilty is sometimes ignored and multiple closing to openning shifts are exhausting and stressful.

I would not reccomend working here if you wish to advance and if you are passionate about working hard. You end up chasing your own tail and never get any support.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Multiple weekends
Slow and fast passed, Very Boring, Rude team members.
Definitely would not recommend wiring at Ikea as its team members at the time were very rude and loud people, demanding things all the time, when on my break they'd sometimes get me to come back in which I never said no but was cutting into my break times. overall just a poor environment for me at the time.
good
• Ensure my area is efficiently maintained as well as clean, organized, attractive and inviting to provide a positive customer experience
• Comply with IKEA Food policies and daily operational routines around quality and food safety

• Understand the impact my actions have on the financial results of my business area
Basically un-managed
I will tell anyone who will listen to not work for IKEA Australia. It is a cesspool of cronyism. Management is non-existent with even the simplest of decisions being beyond them
Pros
You don’t have to work hard because nobody knows what you’re supposed to be doing
Cons
If you care about your work you will have a bad time
Average. Pay low
Weird shifts, weirder management, no communication, no job security, average pay, poor OH&S practices, good staff amenities, no career advancement, glad to leave,
Highly Organised
The management had a good grasp on the tasks needed to be achieved and had good plans to achieve. Leaders led by example. Variety of tasks that were shared by the employees. High attention to safety.