Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IKEA Employee Reviews

Based upon my 17 years of experience and working with companies like Nestle, Cadbury, Federal-Mogul, and Decathlon. I can say IKEA is much better. Everyone is very humble. Company is fully committed to the environment. It belongs to trust so no rat race unlike others to maximize the value of share or profit. During COVID their stores were shut down worldwide but they didn't fire anyone. If you are looking for a good work-life balance and great culture IKEA is the company. However the salary is not that great.
Pros
Work culture, work life balance, subsidized food....
Cons
Salary, people are not competent so takes time for any decision making.
They are so strict and yo can't make mistake on forklift accident and you are like another no for them as a worker they will replace you straight away if you make 3 misrakes on the floor due to there stupid pallet set up and awkward long pallet and small very light skids tipped any of the pallet 3times your out the door open wide for you
Pros
Cheap and satisfying meal
Cons
There no manual instruction for the rf scanners not enough trainning on scanners for bigginers h
I am a social friendly person so love to solve the problem of customer so IKEA is the right place if you are people 's person.Here I learned to keep myself calm, patience when you have to deal with irritate customer. It's so fun at work and you will be so envolve at work, you will not notice how fast time flies this is the best part.
Pros
Lovely team, you get food in cheapest price.
Cons
Sometimes physical
Overall, a good experience.I made some friends and you get treated well as an employee.Some perks involved.The customers are the thing that drove me away from working there.Very rude and impatient customers.Worth working there ,if you have the patience.
Pros
Treated well as an employee
Cons
Hours are everywhere and rude/annoying customers
unless you come from one of the countries where IKEA is strong, ie the UK, Ireland etc you don't have a chance to progress managers will bring people in from Overseas before they look at local talent but they will deny it every time they sing the values but then they do what they want to get the job done
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
managers from Overeas - Jobs for frtiends
It's a great place to work Management was good and all co workers friendly. It's indeed a family. I would recommend it to everyone. Ikea is a lovely lovely place to work.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Can be stressful
Company culture and pay were great, however, do not expect to receive many hours. My manager and team leader did not manage employees on checkouts (always in the office). If they made a mistake they would not acknowledge it. They would blame it on anyone else, each other, or straight up gaslight you. Every week I was rostered on openings that I was not taught on, so every week I had to message team leader to swap shifts (because they don't check rosters until the day before). Then the team leader complained that I had bad communication because I should have told him to teach me opens (even though I did). There are many more things to complain about. However, If you want to work on checkouts, do not even try to work hard. You'll be underappreciated.
Pros
discounts, cheap meals, designated lunch room and locker rooms.
Cons
Horrible management within multiple levels, zero appreciation.
Staffs are friendly to work with. Everyone work as a team and safety is undertaken properly with good working environment. Got new experience about safety and sanitation.
Possibly the most toxic environment I’ve ever worked in. Nepotism rules here and if the management of the call centre didn’t monopolise the jobs with their family members and friends then they’d never get jobs anywhere else. Don’t do it to yourself. They’re horrid.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Toxic culture
Where i worked in my department(return and exchange),always busy.Customers are always demanding,you have to make a quick decisions regardless and talked nicely with them.
Great culture. Friendly co-workers. Friendly managers. Friendly supervisors. Fast-paced. Good pay. Weekly rosters. Flexible hours. They provide you with tools and uniform.
Working with like-minded people is amazing, store can get quite busy which has its positives and negatives obviously. Ability to self manage and be trusted by management is a strong point.
Very friendly environment and got a chance for different new experience. It is work working in IKEA with very friendly managers and team leaders. you feel like you are working in a family. Everyone there work with a good work ethics .
5.5 years of my life I want to forget. Worse management team of any employer I have had in my working life. Profit profit profit is there sole concern. Underpaid overtime over three month period then blacklisted with hours cut when you challenge them about it. Bullied on a daily basis for having the audacity to stand up for your rights. Never been more happy to leave a job.
It was an amazing place to work and Ikea gave me a very go work life balance. They were very understanding when it came to shifts and holidays/sick time. i would recommend to anyone looking for a job in retail.
overall i feel that working for IKEA in pamphlet and catalogue delivery was fun but a little exhausting to me because i had to walk everywhere to deliver.
Workers are very friendly ,ypu get treated well great pay and you get to work on weekends All workers are treated fairly and they don't over work their worker's too
Very good organization and need to interest for learning, some physical works.Can change department. Most of the opennings are part time.I enjoyed my work in IKEA.
Large workplace means lots of opportunities to make friends. Working with awesome people makes this a great place to work Busy fast-paced environment. There is never a boring day. Long opening hours means lots of opportunities for shifts for those with flexible working hours. However, the working hours can also be unfriendly for family and social life.
- management chose where you sat when you’d walk in for your shift -you’d get in trouble for laughing,sneezing,talking in between calls you would litterally get a warning - calling in sick you’d get a warning - eating at your desk is forbidden if you do warning -HR can’t do their job, when there was a aboriginal discrimination in the workplace they did nothing about it and swept to under the rug - great co-workers
13 yrs long journey with this IKEA, great culture, get to meet lot of people from different ethnicities. Hard work pays you off. Great place to go to work.
  1. Employee Reviews