Ikea Employee Reviews

Found 79 reviews matching the search See all 5,700 reviews
Amazing managers and Team Leaers
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 December 2018
The management at IKEA customer support centre in Tempe is amazing, you can always go to them if you need to talk about personal issues, swapping shifts or taking leave. everyone who works at the office is amazing, they're constantly feeding us , you will for sure gain some weight, and also we have a staff lunch room where meals are prepared and it cost as little at $3 for a FULL plate..

cons- sitting down for 5-8 hours while looking at two computer screens and you've got a headset on your ears all day, this causes me headaches almost every single day and not to mention you have uncivilised customers screaming in your ears. you have to be a tough cookie to handle screaming customers and hold your tongue and not say anything rude back.
Pros
friendly environment, free food all the time
Cons
sitting down for long hours
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhodes, NSW, AU4 December 2018
What I love about IKEA is the strong culture and values that can be seen across all stores and departments.

I have learnt a lot from my time at IKEA. The people are lovely and very fun to work with.
Pros
strong culture and value
Cons
weekend work
Sales
Sales and Supply support Person (Former Employee) –  成都市28 November 2018
IKEA is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, We we're a very high traffic store with up to 50,000 customers visiting us a week. My coworkers were close like family and still are today. The Management is amazing and works right along side of their employees. I'd say like anywhere the hard part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers. And the most enjoyable was the family like atmosphere and being busy day to day.
Good people
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perth WA11 October 2018
Good people to work with but the system is terrible. Great staff meals and cheap prices which is good because retail staff don't earn much. Considering it is a Worldwide company, the systems need to be updated
Enjoyable Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Innaloo WA5 September 2018
During my internship at IKEA I was allowed to really look behind the curtain of HR. They showed my how HR Administration, Recruiting, Training, Payroll and day to day tasks have to be done. I have learned a lot during my time at IKEA and I wouldn't want to miss it!
Fun place to work
Hospitality All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD20 August 2018
I had worked for ikea for just over 10yrs and I loved every minute of it,it was a fun place to work the people are outgoing and willing to always help out when needed.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Working harder to cover sick calls or slow pace workers
Interior Design and Communication
Designer (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC19 August 2018
I worked for IKEA Richmond in the lead up of the store build in 2002-3.

The role was varied although management lacked leadership and inspiration.

When I did show leadership ability early on this was quashed as I am male and opportunities were not given to males in this dept.

I was bullied and my role was made redundant when I raised concerns with management.
great job
where house storeman pick packing (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 August 2018
very early starts great work environment and work team .excellent work management and culture great job just had difficult hours so employment ceased.
Fantastic Company
High Reach and Counter Balance Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC17 August 2018
Ikea as a overall company was fantastic, the human resources department went above and beyond, however the logistics department struggled to find life
Pros
Fantastic personal development and support
Productive and fun
Customer Decision Journey Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tempe NSW12 August 2018
- No day is the same, most days are exciting.
- You are continuously learning about new and existing products and new ways of working.
- Everyone is friendly
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Trading hours
logistic operator
Logistic Operator (Current Employee) –  Logan City QLD29 July 2018
ikea is really good company with many opportunities, I looking for something different to improve myself and my knowledge also I would like to get a full time job.
Great Values and Culture
Customer Relations Team Leader /Manager (Former Employee) –  Slacks Creek QLD10 July 2018
Really great place to work. Loved the values and the culture. It was important to management that every co-worker reached their full potential. Loved the team spirit and the togetherness.
Enjoyed helping customers that had a problem. Challenged myself to ensure the disgruntled customer left having their issue resolved and happy.
Loved the interaction with the co-workers. It was important to me that they felt valued in their positions. Also enjoyed the on boarding of new co-workers.
Overall, an awesome place to work!
Pros
Heaps! Free parking, great cheap food all day long, an emphasis on sustainability, a paid volunteer day and the list goes on
Cons
Working weekends!
meeting based company
GLOBAL UPHOLSTERY PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Älmhults kommun20 June 2018
working with different culture makes you learn a lot
traveling every week hardest part of the job
most enjoyable part was purchasing power makes negotiations stronger
Fun place to work
Quality Auditor and provided Feedback accordingly (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 April 2018
Ikea distribution center is loveable place to work, As it was Monday a typical day at work with huge work volume as pending work from weekends, as i had learned many new solutions on that day and management always prased my work.
Pros
paid lunches
IKEA was an interesting experience
Goods Receiver (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD20 March 2018
When working at IKEA you get a sense of family orientated work space, the co-workers were excellent to work with the management was fair and rewarding at times.
Productive and great place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 March 2018
I worked with IKEA for 18 months and i enjoyed it very much. The environment IKEA creates is very friendly and welcoming. They want you to succeed and provide you with all the necessary tools to create success.
Pros
ye
Cons
ye ye
Overall awesome company who puts employees first
Customer Service Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD13 March 2018
IKEA Logan treats their employees awesomely! Never pay more than $3 for a meal in their co-worker restaurant. Great pay with great weekend and public holiday pay rates and also higher rates if you work before 6am and after 6pm. Great employee only events like their amazing Christmas party each year and a yearly Christmas breakfast where you can invite your family. Great paid training provided throughout each year. Opportunity to move to different areas or roles of the store. Ample annual/sick/personal leave provided. Every employee is hired on a permanent contract. Flexibility for hours each week and never work more than 3 weekends in a month. Great job for a uni student, a mum who can only work during school hours, someone looking for part time or full time work. They offer employment in so many different roles.
Pros
Annual leave, $3 lunches, pay rate, employee events.
Great company with awesome benefits/salary, awful home/work balance and very anti working parents
Retail Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 February 2018
Love Ikea as a company! The values, benefits and salary are above average and awesome. But while the company is family oriented many of the managers are against working mothers, very unfair about parents needing to have flexible working arrangements and take carers leave ect. Weekend work also a requirement, non negotiable.
Pros
Cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
Long hours, not family friendly
Great place to work, Poor Logistic Management Team
Goods Flow Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Innaloo WA12 February 2018
Great place to work, Poor Logistic Management Team, Needs stronger leadership team. Pay is competitive. Good food subsidy. Workplace culture is alright.
Pros
Work and Co-workers
Cons
Management Team
utilities my talent
Custom Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palladium Mall8 January 2018
I pride myself on my customer service skills and my ability to resolve what could be difficult situations. With 3 years of experience here, I have learned to effectively understand and resolve customer issues. On a related note, I also have strong communication skills, which help me work well with customers, team members, and executives. I was known there for being an effective team member with a talent for sales. Ones, one of my colleagues canceled her minsion due to her illness, That was a bad situation and I decided to change my program and substitude her

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K