IKEA Employee Reviews

meeting based company
GLOBAL UPHOLSTERY PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Älmhults kommun20 June 2018
working with different culture makes you learn a lot
traveling every week hardest part of the job
most enjoyable part was purchasing power makes negotiations stronger
Fun place to work
Quality Auditor and provided Feedback accordingly (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 April 2018
Ikea distribution center is loveable place to work, As it was Monday a typical day at work with huge work volume as pending work from weekends, as i had learned many new solutions on that day and management always prased my work.
Pros
paid lunches
IKEA was an interesting experience
Goods Receiver (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD20 March 2018
When working at IKEA you get a sense of family orientated work space, the co-workers were excellent to work with the management was fair and rewarding at times.
Productive and great place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 March 2018
I worked with IKEA for 18 months and i enjoyed it very much. The environment IKEA creates is very friendly and welcoming. They want you to succeed and provide you with all the necessary tools to create success.
Pros
ye
Cons
ye ye
Overall awesome company who puts employees first
Customer Service Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD13 March 2018
IKEA Logan treats their employees awesomely! Never pay more than $3 for a meal in their co-worker restaurant. Great pay with great weekend and public holiday pay rates and also higher rates if you work before 6am and after 6pm. Great employee only events like their amazing Christmas party each year and a yearly Christmas breakfast where you can invite your family. Great paid training provided throughout each year. Opportunity to move to different areas or roles of the store. Ample annual/sick/personal leave provided. Every employee is hired on a permanent contract. Flexibility for hours each week and never work more than 3 weekends in a month. Great job for a uni student, a mum who can only work during school hours, someone looking for part time or full time work. They offer employment in so many different roles.
Pros
Annual leave, $3 lunches, pay rate, employee events.
Great company with awesome benefits/salary, awful home/work balance and very anti working parents
Retail Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 February 2018
Love Ikea as a company! The values, benefits and salary are above average and awesome. But while the company is family oriented many of the managers are against working mothers, very unfair about parents needing to have flexible working arrangements and take carers leave ect. Weekend work also a requirement, non negotiable.
Pros
Cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
Long hours, not family friendly
Great place to work, Poor Logistic Management Team
Goods Flow Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Innaloo WA12 February 2018
Great place to work, Poor Logistic Management Team, Needs stronger leadership team. Pay is competitive. Good food subsidy. Workplace culture is alright.
Pros
Work and Co-workers
Cons
Management Team
utilities my talent
Custom Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palladium Mall8 January 2018
I pride myself on my customer service skills and my ability to resolve what could be difficult situations. With 3 years of experience here, I have learned to effectively understand and resolve customer issues. On a related note, I also have strong communication skills, which help me work well with customers, team members, and executives. I was known there for being an effective team member with a talent for sales. Ones, one of my colleagues canceled her minsion due to her illness, That was a bad situation and I decided to change my program and substitude her
Interesting multinational company
Co-worker - Customer Service Centre (Current Employee) –  Tempe NSW7 January 2018
Company shortcomings such as availability of products and services are challenging so dealing with customer complaints is ongoing. IKEA prides itself as an innovative company but some of the operational systems are very conservative. This appears to be a deliberate policy and online shopping is a case in point.
Pros
Good vibe with other members of staff
Cons
A lot of the work is repetitive.
Ikea
Restaurant Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Logan QLD6 January 2018
Location from my home - very close. Pressure working most of all shifts especially last shift.
This job is not for the inexperienced younger person
For me, I did like my duties, though some supervisors could have some improvement in their performances.
Pros
Very good job
Cons
Not too good on the body
Inventory Control
Inventory Control Co-worker - Full time (Former Employee) –  Moorebank NSW13 December 2017
Inventory Control is an important part of IKEA business.

Forecasting - I am doing stocktake every week to get the correct stock at my Distribution Centre. Based on the data collecting, I forecast what we need in a week, 1 month, 3 months and 6 months.

Identify root cause of discrepancy and act on correction.

Following up with orders.

Review forecasting method.
detect, correct and report
Quality Specialist - Full time (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 December 2017
A typical day at work as Quality Specialist, I am responsible for any Quality issues of 2 Distribution Centres.

Detect - identify any issues relating to Supplier or Product Quality, after talking to inbound, outbound and picking team.

Correct - provide immediately suggestion and solution to get the issues fixed.

Report - collecting data, setting up database to analyse the issues, reporting issues, follow up with supplier for correction plan.

The most enjoyable part of this job - everyday is different, challenge and fun.
Pros
leaning new things, challenges, project management
Cons
time management
productive and fun
Sales co-worker (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD4 December 2017
Task focused
great for developing your retail skills.
management was lacking while i was there.
Fun and friendly co-workers.
weekends were full on.
best part was being able to develop new skills.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
management not the best while i was there
I am working IKEA home delivery 5 yours team leader and assembler
Work as assembler (Current Employee) –  kuwait21 November 2017
I am working IKEA home delivery 5 yours team leader and assembler I am working office staff 2 yours I have experienced office work also Where is my position discuss the team I am dispatch everyday 35 truck and 78 staff I am working Saudi Arabia also 5 yours there is my position staring carpenter Group lieder
Pros
team leader
Perfect job
Operational warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Moorebank NSW9 November 2017
Very easy work, good pay rate, yearly bonus and super boosting every year . Friendly environment, just a bit far to work as its located near blacktown, overall perfect place to work.
Love
logistics & customer relations co-worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 November 2017
Favorite job I've had so far! Lovely human beings to work with and a lot of fun everyday at work. I hope to come back to IKEA to work at some point in my life.
Pros
Strict break times.
Cons
Long hours.
Boring work place
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW30 October 2017
Too many managers not enough workers. hardest part of the job is staying awake. most enjoyable part of the day was going home. I didn't really learn anything new because I have been in warehousing for many years. If anything I only learnt how to drive their fork lifts because they are different to what I'm use to.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
fortnight pay. pay rate.
Good pay but very boring
Cashline worker (Former Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW6 September 2017
they lack management and a work-life balance. The company overall is very good with many benefits, however this store in particular is a nightmare. If you wanna work 3 weekends in a row and be asked to stay back for many hours every shift this is the place for you. Oh and if you want to be harassed with phone calls to come in on your one weekend off a month, sign right up
Productive workplace, Nice team, Varied shifts.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW15 August 2017
A typical day in sales would include; selling products, greeting customers, cleaning, checking stock, dealing with annoyed customers. I learned how to deal with customers, how to use computer sites and insert data, daily routines and efficiency.
Management was very supportive and kept us up to date as best they could. The workplace was supportive, they gave us goals and overall was a nice team environment. The hardest part of the job would be communicating in person because we had such a large team so most of the time it would be through emails as she shifts did not align for a week or more. The most enjoyable part of the job would be going to work every week and working with a great group of people and working together to make sure our department was in the best shape and the customers were happy and enjoyed there time at IKEA Marsden Park.
Pros
Team Environment
Cons
Varied Shifts, Minimum hours
overall
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Slacks Creek QLD5 August 2017
its such a friendly and happy environment. everyone is so kind and helpful. they go above and beyond ensuring that the work place is safe for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

52K