Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 26 March 2020

IKEA Pay & Benefits reviews

Great place to work at
IKEA has a great leaders. I worked in the Replenishment team and let me tell you that they were an awesome team. Very supportive and kind.

Night shift hours.. was hard but you get use to it.

Great benefits like food, own locker, cool uniform, secured parking, swipe card
Pros
Great team, cheap lunch, uniform is cool
Cons
Starting hours are short
Was not good
Management did not listen to concerns which were raised and wouldn't look after workers. Very poor experience overall and I would not recommend this position or place of work.
not bad
not enough hours, little time to complete task, poor management,multiple jobs , people are nice but take favourites very quickly and only really stay in their circle.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
pay, no hours, silly contracts 150% availability
Beautiful place to work , very friendly management
Beautiful place to work , job security , very kind and understanding management . Cheap food for coworkers . Flexible hours and very good equipments to do your jobs efficiently .
Pros
Ikea values is second to none
Cons
Hours
Awesome place to work
Ikea was a fantastic place to work. Managers were always supportive and understanding. Great people to work with. Very good pay and enjoyable job. Hard to get a fulltime job.
Pros
Cheap lunches and staff discount
productive
fair boss
management is great

fun place to work

a job where working hard pays off

easy going team that works hard and helps others out

great pay and ot rates
Pros
great boss
Good people
Good people to work with but the system is terrible. Great staff meals and cheap prices which is good because retail staff don't earn much. Considering it is a Worldwide company, the systems need to be updated
Interior Design and Communication
I worked for IKEA Richmond in the lead up of the store build in 2002-3.

The role was varied although management lacked leadership and inspiration.

When I did show leadership ability early on this was quashed as I am male and opportunities were not given to males in this dept.

I was bullied and my role was made redundant when I raised concerns with management.
Productive and fun
- No day is the same, most days are exciting.
- You are continuously learning about new and existing products and new ways of working.

- Everyone is friendly
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Trading hours
Overall awesome company who puts employees first
IKEA Logan treats their employees awesomely! Never pay more than $3 for a meal in their co-worker restaurant. Great pay with great weekend and public holiday pay rates and also higher rates if you work before 6am and after 6pm. Great employee only events like their amazing Christmas party each year and a yearly Christmas breakfast where you can invite your family. Great paid training provided throughout each year. Opportunity to move to different areas or roles of the store. Ample annual/sick/personal leave provided. Every employee is hired on a permanent contract. Flexibility for hours each week and never work more than 3 weekends in a month. Great job for a uni student, a mum who can only work during school hours, someone looking for part time or full time work. They offer employment in so many different roles.
Pros
Annual leave, $3 lunches, pay rate, employee events.
Great company with awesome benefits/salary, awful home/work balance and very anti working parents
Love Ikea as a company! The values, benefits and salary are above average and awesome. But while the company is family oriented many of the managers are against working mothers, very unfair about parents needing to have flexible working arrangements and take carers leave ect. Weekend work also a requirement, non negotiable.
Pros
Cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
Long hours, not family friendly
Perfect job
Very easy work, good pay rate, yearly bonus and super boosting every year . Friendly environment, just a bit far to work as its located near blacktown, overall perfect place to work.
Good pay but very boring
they lack management and a work-life balance. The company overall is very good with many benefits, however this store in particular is a nightmare. If you wanna work 3 weekends in a row and be asked to stay back for many hours every shift this is the place for you. Oh and if you want to be harassed with phone calls to come in on your one weekend off a month, sign right up
busy but well supported by team management
Good place to work with good benefits. Extensive training and support is always offered with a great management team running things. Everyone works well together and is happy to help at any time.
Pros
discounted lunches
productive fun job
best job ever I'm so lucky to work for this two companies, I have being congratulated in both of them for my managers and supervisors ,for the customer service and job delivery , when I did start my career last year as a security, I did only have casual jobs on weekends , now I'm contracted for two of the best companies and working for top clients , but I'm looking for good pay rate and some spare time to be with my family that's because I'm applying to work at the mines
Pros
free coffe and refreshments 2$ all you can fill in a plate from a varieity of meals
Cons
good working hours
gpod place to work
staff are awesome to work with, very friendly and comfortable to be with. Good benefits, good pay rate. all around good place
Pros
$3 buffet lunches
Cons
Not consistant hours
Not what it's cracked up to be...
I did not think the role was well-compensated for the extraordinary amount of responsibilities you were given. Even when you are given your schedule which is created 3 weeks in advanced, you were asked to come in earlier than scheduled or asked to stay later, or asked to come in on your days off. It is a department that is clearly underfunded so the few coworkers it does have, are fully stretched out thin. We had a "manager" that was out more often than not. He took little no initiative in managing or training you because of the exorbitant amount of days he was on holiday, away, TIL, etc., not to mention he had zero management or people skills or communication abilities. It's too bad because the Ikea brand/name has great values and a good foundation but none of that is reflected at this particular Ikea. It does not seem people become managers from merit, it's more contingent on cult of personality and it's more of a popularity contest. I would not work there if I was offered $40/hour.
Pros
Decent, affordable meals.
Cons
Exhausting long hours, low wages
Staff Restaurant
Some Co-Workers were really good people to be around and some others weren't, other then that the products was pretty cheap.
Pros
Hours
Cons
fun workplace and very active
we was an amazing team. work and help each other it verey interesting to work and a lot of fun . You have to have paciente to customer and always be ready to help and to make the customer happy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Above award wages, wonderful organisational culture and everyone was hired as a permanent employee. Lots of extra benefits including $2 lunches and free cappuccinos, prizes around Christmas time and free gifts for the store opening. Most employees are extremely friendly and approachable.