IMC Financial Markets Employee Reviews

Idk
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL31 July 2018
I enjoyed working as a intern at this company, I was paid fairly, everybody in the workplace treated me more than well and I was able to see the trading industry through this internship.
Fast paced and challenging but chaotic
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 August 2017
It was a really fun place to work. The pace is great for those who love a busy day. There tended to be a lack of focus on long term strategy and there is a lot of "fire fighting" which doesn't leave much time for building best practices. Everyone is very smart, which was great, but for most people there is a lack of a career path. That is to be expected in the prop trading industry.
Pros
Free lunch, annual company trip, great benefits and comp, a lot of social events
Cons
Tough work life balance for most, inconsistent management, lack of career path for most
Small hedge fund / market maker
Trader/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, Amsterdam30 June 2017
A small hedge fund / market maker with very low risk tolerance. Senior staff were calculative on their own bonuses and tried to minimize their efforts on bringing in P&L. Some seniors tried to rip off junior staff by taking away their trading credits.
Lots of restructuring
Manager (Former Employee) –  Zug16 May 2017
Management consists mainly of math-guys, who can't manage people. Also, the firm has a tendency to hold on to old stuff that once worked.

Culture is very positive, people are intelligent, lot of perks.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunches, weekend trip, trainings
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL16 March 2017
IMC is an awesome place to work - they offer great benefits and perks including free breakfast/lunch, free health insurance for employees and their families and a free unlimited Ventra card. Employees get opportunities to travel to other offices and are really trusted to take on big projects and learn new skills on the job.
Great Company and Perks
IMC (Current Employee) –  Chicago9 March 2017
With offices in Sydney, Amsterdam and Chicago, there are so many global opportunities and the perks are really amazing. You get to work with a lot of smart people and it's all about collaboration. Hope to be here for years to come.
Pros
Benefits, people and work environment
Cons
Work life balance can be difficult when working on big projects
Fun, very intelligent people
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 February 2017
IMC is a really amazing place to work - a great place to work with the very latest in technology, with very smart people that are very driven to achieve results. The work is very quantitative, and the people work hard to do their best. I have learned a great deal from being here.
Pros
many perks
Great place to work!
IMC Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 October 2016
Awesome company and culture! Employees are well taken care of with great benefits, perks, global mobility and a cool office space located in the Willis Tower!
Great Place to Work
IMC Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 October 2016
IMC is fast paced and high energy. I have been here for over 5 years and everyday keeps me on my toes. For me, the best part of working at IMC has to be the caliber of people you get to work and the great company culture.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, People
Cons
Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IMC Financial Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6