Industrie Clothing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Industrie Clothing Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews
Good work environment with the opportunity to interact with customers as well as pushing sales. The hours are not always consistent and is very dependent on the season
Although I made some great friends during my time at Industrie, the pressure and unprofessionalism from upper management was appalling. There is absolutely no support, just constant demanding regarding unrealistic tasks. The regional manager is never consistent with responses, displaying appreciation and publishing rosters. If targets are not met they threaten to take away shifts and blame staff not realising foot traffic has been decreasing due to the current pandemic. Hypocritical as well in terms of what staff can and can’t do. The company culture is not great at all and should be reviewed by HR.
Pros
Colleagues, discount, pay
Cons
Upper management, unrealistic expectations and pressure
Industrie has taught me good customer service and communication skills. It is a pretty good environment to work in with supportive and friendly staff members. Productive workplace, clean and great atmosphere. Typical day at work involves reading emails from area manager to find out daily budget.
Horrible regional manager who treats staff with little respect. Worked with the company for over a year so saw the ins and outs. The regional manager didn't care about the staff. There was no structure in the business and it was all about hitting targets.
The owner is nice and kind to the staff. Manager can help us when we get any problem during the working time. Also, we do the good teamwork all the time.
job culture has changed significantly in the last two years, and not for the better. Management has impacted the experience of being a worker in the company
Loyal and supportive management. Encouraging and inclusive work environment. Good training and ample opportunity for internal advancement. Fun place to work.
At the start of my employment i thought the company was great to work for and could really see myself growing with the company. Once the Christmas period was over the work place environment turned really negative, the pressure to make budget was was too much from the store manager, over 10 staff left due to the pressure other team members were recieving from the store manager. Having the constant feeling of not being appreciated and not working hard enough on a daily basis. If i could in wouldnt even rate this company 1 star
Been working for the company for over 4 years have been given so much opportunity like no other.
Have become who I am today because of the amazing leadership through management and internal training opportunities that have been given to get me to where I am today.
Pros
Pay, bonuses, progression, training
If your after a retail brand to be apart of this is it, I’ve been working in retail 7 years casually and have gone through a lot of them because there is so many bad experiences.
I started with industrie 3 months ago in Liverpool and it’s amazing.

Wish I found the company back 7 years ago.
Pros
Environment, people you work with including higher management, clothes and quality of garments, sales driven company
Cons
Have to travel to work as no store located near my house
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Industrie Clothing?
Started just over 6 weeks ago in Parramatta and so glad I did, although I heard there was a bad manager before I guess you get good and bad. The regional manager was productive in clearing out the bad staff and the environment now is great and an awesome culture again.
Staff from casuals all the way through to management love their jobs and everyone has made progression in their careers.

Awesome brand and regional manager support whivhbalot of other companies don’t have at all.
Pros
Culture, regional manager support, brand, clothing, customer service, Headoffice interaction with stores
Cons
Some staff are lazy and need to go
The moment I was interviewed for the Stock Control Manager role for one of the CBD stores, instead of continuously convincing them to why I will be perfect for the role, they eventually ended our interview to why I should work for them, and that they can see me moving forward with the company.
It has been a year now and I have already moved forward and every day is a great new challenge. I work with a great team of people and getting to know those in the H.O. has made working for Industrie a lot more fun.
I was working with industrie for 2 years and gained so much experience in my time there from my regional manager and store manager.
Even though I moved on to pursue a career in my field the skills I will take with me are something I would have never got if it wasn’t for this great company.

Suitable roles for everyone here
Pros
Training and experience you gain
Cons
Having to leave to pursue a career in my field
Been a casual and was promoted to a full time stock controller.
Great career advancement and a company that cares a lot about its staff and their future.

known alot of people that work in other retailers and they would kill to secure a role with industrie.
Pros
Culture, Brand, People, Training and Development
Cons
No cons
Been in the business for a year now and have loved every minute of it.
So many different paths you can go down and being a part of a successful brand is the best joy.

The company care about their staff being someone who started in the business as a causal and was given the opportunity to step up the ranks.
Pros
Career progression, Culture, Clothing and Incentives
Store manager within the business given multiple career opportunities i never imagined within the company.
Salary has been amazing and the culture is fantastic makes it great waking up every morning to be able to work for
Pros
Career progression, culture and great brand and salary
Have been with the company for a long time and love the brand and what they have provided me with career wise.
If your after a career in retail would highly recommend the company to grow and develop your retail skills in a company with a great culture.
Pros
Career progression, culture and great brand
From my own experience over several months I was underpaid most pay periods, when amending this with the regional manager I was told it would be in my next pay although this was often forgotten until I reminded once again and told to wait another fortnight. Contacting the regional manager is usually met with no response however you will be contacted at 10pm and expected to respond that night. Weekly rosters often come out on sundays for the immediate week. 3 hour shifts are often rostered with expectations of completing the same tasks/hitting sales targets of someone doing a 7 hour shift. Management will speak badly of other employees in phone calls in front of casual staff. Very little training was offered before being put on solo shifts and then talked down on when not completing tasks to an expected standard that you have not been made aware of.
Pros
Award wage
Cons
Short hours, very little training, poor management
Good company to work for if you can work without support and are self motivated. They have very high standards but little training and support for managers who are then asked to perform beyond expectations and recieve angry calls asking why you missed target when sales targets are sometimes missed by only 2%

Regional managers don’t respond to emails or calls and can take weeks to visit stores and don’t action what you ask them to help with. Double standards! Low pay and even in a top grade don’t expect a high salary. Team environment is great as you can hire your own staff, product is good!

You also work alone most of the time as they say they dont have enough in wages. Despite always making way more then other brands? This is bad when you get 14 boxes of delivery to do and are expected to reach a high sales target too
Pros
The teams in store, working in a fast pace, always busy
Cons
Bad regional management, bad salary compared to how hard you have to work
Was let go due to a lack of hours with little notice. Was first told that hours would be decreasing but ended up getting none. Found out i was let go informally and with no reasoning. Incredibly lazy on management's part. A very disappointing outcome.
Pros
Award wages, good training, mostly relaxed environment
Cons
Lazy management
As a casual:

-short shifts of 3-4 hours max

-stock inventory

-poor communication from store manager. spoke to employees harshly

-poor teaching of company protocols

-regional manager took nearly 2 months enrolling me on the system for employment after being told I successful for the job

-lots of favouritism
Pros
good quality, gave retail experience
Cons
management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Industrie Clothing. Our community is ready to answer.