Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ING Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
I really enjoyed my role here. I loved the diversity of the team I was placed on, I was able to meet both Australians and others on that were also on a Working Holiday Visa. I love the attitude of employees at ING Australia, and there is a great workplace enthusiasm due to the way employees are treated.
Dealing with Mortgage collections administration. Sending out letters to customers. Responding to customer emails. •Preparing the deals for settlement in a timely manner to ensure that settlement happens on time.
Good culture at work. People are very supportive and friendly. Management is not very proactive as it should be. Decisions are not taken promptly(sometimes very slow-specially in remediation project).
The management has dragged the culture to a low level. No respect for staff with placing staff on a performance improvement plan at every opportunity. Majority of staff are unhappy yet too scared to speak out. Staff role over rate is high and again senior management fails to act
Good company to work to work for and nice location . Tech stack is good and a lot new things to learn.

Work life balance is good with good benefits with happy employees .
It was a great learning experience at ING. I learnt a lot about the banking industry in Australia and handles various day-to-day banking and savings products.
Reconciling commissions data and responding to adviser requests were involved in a typical day.

I learned to process commissions data and answer adviser and fund manager queries.

Management of immediate team was good.

Work colleagues were on the whole friendly (a couple of exceptions though) which provided a good culture.

Meeting deadlines was hard and eventually I could not avoid a redundancy.

Remuneration for overtime and leave loading payments were enjoyable.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long Hours some times
Shift work not a typical mail room more that that.
Learned how a mail room run, customer service and team work

fun cultured with cool lunch rooms and other fun activities between work time to keep the mind relaxed.

Hardest part of the job is opening 100's of mail in a certain time by hand and sort them scan them to departments.

Most enjoyable part of the job meeting and greeting the staff.
Always plenty to achieve in your day working with some really inspirational people all trying to achieve common goals. ING have some fantastic innovative products on the market, and always thinking outside the box for the next cool product to make their customers lives easier. Some great staff benefits that you don't see in all workplaces with a flexible working culture.
Busy workplace, meetings held twice a day to discuss the day before's results as well as what needs to be done that day. The 2nd meeting is a catch up to advise how you are going with your work queue and to see if anyone needs help.

The hardest part of the job is being up to date on all the government requirements on the bank.

The staff are really good to work with.

There is a lot of overtime on offer.
ING is a great place to work. I learnt many things working their like needing to be on time with breaks and just adhearing to the schedule and how important it actually is.

It was just hard for me to put in the time needed to actually advance within the company as I have just had a new family member.
Pros
Employee days, Lunch days.
Great place to work in and the staff are awesome
.training is awesome

.has a positive culture and work environment

.training is ongoing and ING is always up-skilling its staff
Pros
The culture
Cons
no cons
ING is a a modern, customer-focused company with an advanced Agile development environment. Their data warehouse was designed well and that is reflected in its ease of maintainability. It is a friendly, welcoming environment that encourages creativity and management is done well.
ING Direct work environment is that of one of a family; the culture is amazing. Only reason I am leaving is I have worked there for 10 years and feel I have learnt and completed all I can.
I am looking for a new change and challenge in my life.
Great culture and great atmosphere to work in, downfall they do not see expansion to gather more new and younger people to help bring new and exciting energy into the work environment which i very disapointing
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
hard to get work and become permanent
No established procedures. Changes being done on ad hoc basis. No management and control of the Data Center. Very long hours. Very little rewards and no pay rise and no bonuses
Pros
Wide range of responsbilities
Cons
Long Hours
started at work at 8:45am, excellent workplace culture during the day with good work/life balance, great people to work with, able to do job without hassle/fuss.1 hour lunch break. able to step away from desk to chat with fellow colleagues which formed part of great workplace culture.
Pros
fun club events
Cons
none really
ING is a great place to work and are really making an impact in the Australian market through providing great value and service to customers.
Pretty much like any other call centre except because it is an online bank it is very strict. The training and support was excellent but still had very high turnover ratio as the nature of the work demanded a lot from its staff. The hours were good with great flexibility.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Heavy work load with high turnover staff
Lot's of Planning, coaching sessions, call listening, client escalations & security of account.
I have learned a lot on superannuation payments.
The most enjoyable part is meet different range of people.

Everyday a group meeting wil be conducted by team leader, this is the guidelines on how we can finish the work and meet deadline.
Pros
roster day off
Cons
short break after two hours