Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1,776 reviews
Pick Packing
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW26 July 2019
i enjoy working in that company and have a lot of communication i have experience 5 years using RF Scan and wrapping at the same time using pallet jack to move things up
Pros
morning tea and lunch
Cons
casual time
Productive and fun place with pool table
Period of Engagement (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW11 June 2019
Working with Ingram is fun and I had learned and had experiences in using RF scanners. A very safe work place and I am very interesting in picking and packing. Starting time of 5am is better because start early and finish early is the best part. But the hardest part is when is quiet and short hours in a day.
Pros
Free BBQ
Cons
Overtime Hours
Dealing with all the technologies today.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW10 December 2018
Great environment,great people.learn a lot from start to where i am right now.but don't get paid extra for my position because i'm only casual employee.
Multinational company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW10 November 2018
Worked in big company environment

data entry job

not challenging

handled big volume of data

was working on casual basis

hardly appreciated as no skill work
Prooductive and fun workplace with monlthly barbeques
PICK PACKER AND DESPACTCH (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW22 October 2018
Start at 9am
Grab an RF scanner and picks
start picking with trolley from ailes
bring products back to station to be packed
pack products
jump on dispatch line if required
Great workplace with multi cultural environment.
Pick-Packer / Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 October 2018
Friendly team members who always ready to support. The positive attitude by management team is motivate and help me make a good person on not only workplace but also in my personal life as well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
organised and coordinated management.
PICK PACKER (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW1 August 2018
Ingram micro is an Australian largest distributor of computer and technology products.

There is a healthy work environment with a great lounge for breaks.

worked as an agency employee and was paid with agency's pay rate.

There is good job security. as i had an ongoing shift from Monday to Friday and some weekends.

There is an organised and coordinated management. Each department being closely monitored.

I worked at the picking area (dept) where I had to pick orders with RF scan.
One of the best company for Warehousing requirement.Provide very high end specification and very highly qualified staff.
Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW2 July 2018
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Friendly mannerismStock management
• Demonstrated ability to work in a hot temperature
• Ability to work efficiently without supervision
Challenging environment, on a positive trajectory!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosebery NSW23 May 2018
Great people, good exposure to technology, higher than average staff turnover, interesting opportunities and so much more! Change is constant: the overall experience has been a positive.
Pros
Free unlimited coffee, good people and diversity of roles.
Cons
High work loads, staff turnover and low salary
Good workplace
Administrator/Storesperson (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 June 2017
I was pregnant at the time (casual employee) and they found it difficult to put me into an office position. Aparts from that good management and had a good team leader
fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW25 May 2017
always looking forward to going to work every morning and meeting new people looking forward to the lunch breaks and having something to do during the day/morning.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good hours
productive
PICK/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 April 2017
good culture, beautiful communication and understanding.
good learning and working process.
good wages and flexible shifts.
proves your relationship skills
Good fun place and people are great
Afternoon shift supervisor/ team leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 March 2017
Very busy place with orders and customer order pick ups too. Tension is high due to company expectations of output but its normal there and you enjoy it well you work.
Bullying and racism like any work place is a big no no and theres alot of space to move and to graduate.
workplace with big lunch area
Picker / Packer (Current Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW20 February 2017
I typically work for 8 hrs and i earned about good amount also some time did 2 to 3 hr overtime.
I learned many new skilled in big warehouse. Workplace culture is very good. Hardest part of job is manual pallet wrapping with very very hot weather like 45 C. No air circulation or air vent inside warehouse.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Over time
Good to work our there. always like work under pressure
RF scanner (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW18 February 2017
I loved that Place. always good support dedication to complete the task. Always enthusiastic to achieve the goal . all team leaders and supervisor supporting.
Pros
good work enviornment
Cons
Job security
great company
Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW22 January 2017
-fun place to work
-everybody there knows each other, even though it was a big company and many workers the culture that Fisher & Paykel had was tremendous
Enjoyable
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burwood VIC28 November 2016
Our Ingram Micro division was taken over by VTech so my notes that I wrote for VTech apply to this company also. It was enjoyable, flexible and the people I worked with were great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun loving environment
processor / store person (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW17 October 2016
It was always a great and interesting day
Learned SAP software and some good tips working in warehouse environment
Management was great and helpful
Co-workers were amazing with great experience
To check Serial numbers of bigger and heavier products
Working in different departments of RTS like retail, commercial and shipwire
Pros
casual on going job
Cons
not a chance for permanent job
Great work atmosphere
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosebery NSW25 June 2016
Ingram Micro P/L is a growing IT Distributor located in Rosebery with a great office environment and an awesome bunch of people.

The idea of not having desktops (everyone is now equipped with a laptop) was just brilliant. It meant that we saved time and money on printing reports and notepads because you could just take your laptop into a meeting, hook it up to a monitor and start your presentation. It also meant that participants could take notes without any issues. Added bonus was that if you couldn't make it into the office, you could work from home. No loss in productivity.

A typical day at work for me was processing orders, checking and responding to emails, answering calls and following up with any issues that customers may have. It might sound repetitive but no two days were ever the same. The great thing about working at the Head Office was that everything you needed to do your job well was located there. For example, if I needed to find out when stock was due or if we were ordering more stock, I could walk over and speak to the Product Manager directly. I also supported the National Account Managers for whatever they needed, whether it be calling a customer to find out more about what they needed or just to follow up on some items that they couldn't action due to back to back meetings or they were travelling.

My co-workers - I can't say enough about them. They were my support team during my time there, both personal and business. The people that work there are so friendly I would be surprised if any new employees don't make friends within a week. All you need
  more... is a smile and that friendly hello and that pretty much is the beginning of a great friendship at Ingram Micro P/L.

The hardest part of the job would be telling the customer you couldn't get their order to them on time. It could be from a number of things outside of your control but you still feel responsible because it causes that ripple effect. You couldn't supply on time, which means their customer didn't receive it on time, which could mean a loss of a sale. Not a good thing for any business.

Management - not a lot of places have Managers who know your name, let alone know what your role is. Some of the Managers at Ingram Micro P/L actually sit out on the floor with their Teams. I think that's great, because they get to see first hand the issues that we have. They are approachable and friendly. I could have a conversation and a laugh with my Manager.

The most enjoyable part of the job was telling a customer that their order was on it's way, especially when they sent their order through at the last minute and past cut off at the warehouse. Very satisfying.

I learnt that you need to be able to think. Think about how you're going to fix an issue that's going to benefit the customer. Think about how you can help a colleague get that order out the door on time. Think about a way to get the reports done faster.

In summary, Ingram Micro P/L is a great place to work at and for.
Ingram Micro
. (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 June 2016
• Provide administration and sales support to the Consumer Sales Team.
• Order processing using SAP - Managing customer enquiries via email or phone in a timely and accurate manner
• Track and trace Deliveries
• Catalogue products – check forecast from customer, check stock availability and follow up orders from customer
• Products Submissions
• Backorder Reporting
• Customer RPOA form completed
• Liasing with Retail Credit
• Liaise with suppliers and PM for inventory enquiries
• SOH and stock on order reporting for Customers
• Constructive participant in all Meetings/Conference Calls – internal and external
• Customer contact via Email / Telephone
• Communication with Ingram Micro DC
• Maintaining Price List / Store contact List for Officeworks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingram Micro. Our community is ready to answer.