Inner West Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Inner West Council Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Feel very secure and enjoy my roll on daily basis laising with all staff from different librariesall staff very friendly and very helpful and very respectfull
Good bunch of blokes in cleaning easy to get along with layed back atmosphere ok work life balance. Knock off and start up times are good with plenty of ot if your a truck driver.
Pros
Great team members early starts
Cons
Lack in pay hourly rate management could be better
it was just like a normal day at work when I went there for my wok placement
I've learned how to do and organize document which is important. everyone was friendly and my favorite part about working there is about teamwork and communication
It is a very positive and motivating experience working with Inner West Council. Work environment is highly professional, satisfactory and relaxing with friendly behaved colleagues
Always running short on budget for contract work. You don't know when your job will be over. You always keep on thinking if your contract will be extended.
High work/life balance with excellent team spirit, good and caring environment. It is a great place to fresh graduate to build their career from the ground up.
I was an elected representative. Necessary skillset involved inter-relating with different residents, and interpreting their needs and effectively translating those needs into a positive outcome.
Pros
Human relationships, gaining good outcome for people
Cons
High pressure workplace, difficult hours, hostile political environment
Working with the Inner west council was a great experience for myself. Surrounded my self with good and positive people everyday and it’s a good and productive workplace to work with
Pros
New table arregnment
Cons
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Inner West Council, best place I have ever worked. I was lucky to work with some amazing and supportive people that made the job a pleasure to be at.
I had worked for Innerwest council for 2 and a half years never really had any problems with my workmates, but when the council amalgamated the atmosphere changed for the worst, micromanagement became a problem and what was once a nice environment turned sour as HR chopped and changed the environment and got rid of seemingly good workers over the slightest complaint from members of the public. Management let me go over an incident where a member of public assaulted me twice and attempted to detain me unlawfully and then made a complaint about me and instead of having my back they terminated my probationary position like that. I wasn't the first.

So the people you work with a pleasant and friendly but avoid drawing the attention of HR or your gone.

As an autistic person i felt discriminated against, decisions were made without taking into consideration my disorder. Not as equal opportunity as they profess to be.
Pros
Rostered Day off Every 3 weeks, 5 weeks annual holidays
Cons
rotating rosters/ weekend work and an unsupportive Management Team
My role consisted of contributing to the learning and care needs of the children in my room. Following a daily routine and working within a team environment. It is an enjoyable job and I learned a lot about children's learning and development through following children's interests and documenting children's learning in line with the Early Years Learning Framework Guidelines (set by the government). I also learned a lot about my own teaching practice and how to reflect for improvement.
Pros
Having an influence on children's development and learning; being a valued part of a community
Cons
No opportunity to work extra hours or earn extra money
Very friendly environment to work in, staff are valued and appreciated. I worked under the Compliance & Enforcement Unit and was responsible for producing, editing and distributing updates and materials for members of the public on compliance issues to agreed deadlines. I acquired the ability to use Microsoft Office to a high level in order to create reports, correspondence and spreadsheets in order to produce materials, market events and maintain records. The most enjoyable part of the job was liaising with internal staff and external audiences regarding the resolution of compliance issues.
Great place to work. Awesome manager and staff. Excellent site with plenty of parking and shops at door.
Friendly staff great Socialising with them. Nice place to work
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Nil
having work experience completed at the inner west council: Leichhardt for a week i learned how to accomplish filing, answering phone calls, and directing customers to the appropriate departments.
work experience did not pay me with cash but instead with a life time of experience i will need in the future when i enter a professional working force full time.
Pros
i learnt how to manage myself in a full time job
Cons
this job was mostly satisfactory
Very friendly place to work
Learnt new computer programs - Exponare and Authority

Management very good

Culture is diverse

Trying to remember everyone's name

Enjoyable part of the job would be the staff and constant workload - never bored!!
Pros
Laughter and jokes
Cons
Worked with a great finance team . Career development and training high . Opportunity to take on other tasks while staff on leave. Work culture was great . Friendly atmosphere. Encouraged to take on Studies with Education Assistance and time off to study for exams. Next door to shops and train station.
Ashfield Council has also now Amalgamated now called Inner West Council.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and develop career, parking available
Cons
Long hours, Salary below market level
Great workplace with great people and culture. Challenging, fun, and supportive environment to work with varied responsibilities and opportunities for learning.