InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 53 reviews matching the search See all 2,701 reviews
Nice team and good environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 April 2019
I had a great team to work with and we used to enjoy every shift giving it all we had and providing the best guest service.
It was a really good experience and I got to learn a lot about the hospitality industry.
Responsible Business
Security & Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  1 Nanson Road19 March 2019
I oversee the security & safety aspects of the hotel. I was part of the pre opening team setting up security systems and security team. With IHG for 7 years
Pros
Good team
Learning 5 star service
Executive Club Lounge Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 February 2019
Learning high class level of service and understand how its is to work as a team and understand how to work well under pressure. Taking care of VIPs and understanding what are brand standards. As well as having an amazing and understand team.
Good
Housekeeping attendant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 February 2019
Very good, sometimes stressful and hectic. Good team building. peaceful and serene environment. view is lovely.
It is generally a good place to work but job security not guaranteed.
Great Learning experience
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Circular Quay NSW5 November 2018
A lot of mis en scene, depending on which department you are working in, job activities are different. In cold kitchen there were more cutting and raw preparations for vegetables, seafood and preparation for catering. In hot kitchen there are more preparation for meal orders, such as blending purees, plate placement. In the pastry section there are more measuring for quantities, heavy lifting of huge amounts of ingredients to produce pastries - will need physically capable workers.
Responsible, enthusiastic, hardworking and inspirational Managers, supervisors and team leaders
Executive club lounge attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 June 2018
The good work that the Managers, supervisors and team leaders put in creates a productive and motivating work environment. There is always something to learn in every shift in work. Great service accompanied with a great team of food and beverage attendant. Constantly got each other back. Our managers, supervisors and team leaders constantly strive to fight for the colleagues.
Pros
Motivating, productive and self improvement
fun place to work in
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Circular Quay NSW24 June 2018
they have given me a lot of internal training.i have gained alot of experience. worked all departments.i am curently working at cafe opera which is a buffet restaurant.
it has been awhile working here
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 March 2018
busy collecting laundry from guest rooms. Sorting clothes, washing drying, drycleaning, ironing folding and delivering within the day. Also do stain removal, minor repairs
Pros
subsidised lunches
Cons
very busy workplace
Friendly people, quite a few benefits.
Event Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD24 February 2018
My department was extremely busy. Large property, so it can get quite exhausting when working in the banquets department. The training was always available to us. It was always quite easy to move up if you were willing to work the hours. The culture was great but like many other companies has its cracks within the management team.
Pros
Great people
Cons
• Ensured a professional and reliable service to each customer.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA22 December 2017
• Ensured a professional and reliable service to each customer.
• Utilised strong customer service skill through responding to queries.
• Demonstrated organisational skills by ensuring stock is properly managed and replenished
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
long hour
Fun workplace with easy going and reliable people
Houseperson / Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  2 Grey street16 December 2017
Fantastic team with a really good team-spirit, management is reliable and the workplace is stunning. Had no time to get bored as I've been crossed trained in three different areas.
Pros
Free lunchs, multiple breaks
Cons
Understaffed team
2 fantastic products to represent with a supportive head office team
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Crowne Plaza Newcastle & Hunter Valley10 November 2017
IHG provides opportunities for career advancement in a fast paced environment for those ready to challenge themselves and provide excellent service to the end client and support to their colleagues. The range of brands ensures a product range suitable to all client groups and you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience with IHG.
Pros
Team camaraderie and social opportunities
Cons
Stress at end of year budget deadlines
Different experience everyday
Shift Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 October 2017
Need to meet the requirement of the guest and monitor all the equipment of the hotel. best mixed of talent in our department, wherein you can learn or upgrade your skill
Pros
free uniform
Cons
shift work
Excellent
Managment (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia22 September 2017
The hotel is an elegent in stay or meeting space
Flexible set ups accomodation
The hotel has heratige elegance to urban chick for travellers with discerning tastes
It's always getting awards
Staff is happy and loveable and pleasent to work with
Everyday you meet different clients trravelkers and learn new things in culture and everyday life
You enjoy the atmosphere full of life and harmony smiles of staff and clents happy to be there
The hardest thing for me was when Icould not make someone happy eg price, award, or they were not happy with stay at Intercontinental
Everyday you will find staff or clients with a bad day but I always gave my best to put a smile
Pros
Flexible supportive work schedule
Cons
It's hard to get big decisions made
Great enviroment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 September 2017
Good company to work for! Still could not find myself there with the staff.
Hoped to work at some point in the front desk but was for six month in the back office.
I would say I became more comfortable using phones, but now I am scared off going back in the front even when this is what I am used to. I would say my confidence I can do better and reach higher ,... was not really possible.
Pros
great staff rates!
Cons
limited contract because of visa
Sporadic and frenetic managment
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Double Bay NSW17 August 2017
As a new hotel in that area, was a bit hard to understand as the leadership continually changed. I enjoyed working with my team and the clientele was always great. Benefits could be better and not much work life balance.
good
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Double Bay NSW10 August 2017
in my opinion intercontinental is one of the best hotels in sydney. i am happy to be part of it. its a good hotel for personal and professional development.
Productive and fun environment
Apprentice Chef (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD20 July 2017
The Employers at the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort consistently focus on working as a team to achieve target margins. This team-working focus helps the employers to develop their personal communication skills amongst each other and the guests that come to the Hotel.
Pros
Complimentary lunches and dinners
Cons
Long Hours
Terrible Workplace
Club Lounge Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 July 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked for. Managers were terrible and hygiene standards were the worst I have ever seen! This is a 5 star hotel! I definitely expected more. I am a highly trained and experienced hospitality professional, yet I was treated as though I knew nothing. Hygiene: plates have egg scraps left on them due to not being scraped down properly and not being allowed to due to time restrictions. Teaspoons are handwashed behind the bar! WITHOUT DETERGENT!! Management is terrible and I felt like I couldn't talk to them - no open door policy. My trainers made me feel like a preschooler and would talk 'dumb' to me and made me feel as if I didn't know anything. The staff here don't even know what is 'entree' fork and what is 'main' fork! They call them big fork and little fork! I definitely expect higher standards from a 5 star hotel and have seen higher standards in a café I used to work in. Absolutely terrible. And to end with my manager offered to send me feedback of my time there and said I could use her reference to apply for another hotel chain - I never heard anything back from her even after multiple emails! It's highly unprofessional to lie to your employees. Definitely a disgrace to the Intercontinental brand and I can't describe how disappointed I was to work here. Horrible
Pros
Free meal
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2017
Lots of people from variety nations to learn more about hospitality in the field. Such a good management in F&B areas.

Good place to work and learn more skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2