InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 2,552 reviews
Good
Housekeeping attendant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 February 2019
Very good, sometimes stressful and hectic. Good team building. peaceful and serene environment. view is lovely.
It is generally a good place to work but job security not guaranteed.
Great Learning experience
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Circular Quay NSW5 November 2018
A lot of mis en scene, depending on which department you are working in, job activities are different. In cold kitchen there were more cutting and raw preparations for vegetables, seafood and preparation for catering. In hot kitchen there are more preparation for meal orders, such as blending purees, plate placement. In the pastry section there are more measuring for quantities, heavy lifting of huge amounts of ingredients to produce pastries - will need physically capable workers.
Responsible, enthusiastic, hardworking and inspirational Managers, supervisors and team leaders
Executive club lounge attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 June 2018
The good work that the Managers, supervisors and team leaders put in creates a productive and motivating work environment. There is always something to learn in every shift in work. Great service accompanied with a great team of food and beverage attendant. Constantly got each other back. Our managers, supervisors and team leaders constantly strive to fight for the colleagues.
Pros
Motivating, productive and self improvement
fun place to work in
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Circular Quay NSW24 June 2018
they have given me a lot of internal training.i have gained alot of experience. worked all departments.i am curently working at cafe opera which is a buffet restaurant.
it has been awhile working here
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 March 2018
busy collecting laundry from guest rooms. Sorting clothes, washing drying, drycleaning, ironing folding and delivering within the day. Also do stain removal, minor repairs
Pros
subsidised lunches
Cons
very busy workplace
• Ensured a professional and reliable service to each customer.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA22 December 2017
• Ensured a professional and reliable service to each customer.
• Utilised strong customer service skill through responding to queries.
• Demonstrated organisational skills by ensuring stock is properly managed and replenished
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
long hour
2 fantastic products to represent with a supportive head office team
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Crowne Plaza Newcastle & Hunter Valley10 November 2017
IHG provides opportunities for career advancement in a fast paced environment for those ready to challenge themselves and provide excellent service to the end client and support to their colleagues. The range of brands ensures a product range suitable to all client groups and you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience with IHG.
Pros
Team camaraderie and social opportunities
Cons
Stress at end of year budget deadlines
Different experience everyday
Shift Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 October 2017
Need to meet the requirement of the guest and monitor all the equipment of the hotel. best mixed of talent in our department, wherein you can learn or upgrade your skill
Pros
free uniform
Cons
shift work
Excellent
Managment (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia22 September 2017
The hotel is an elegent in stay or meeting space
Flexible set ups accomodation
The hotel has heratige elegance to urban chick for travellers with discerning tastes
It's always getting awards
Staff is happy and loveable and pleasent to work with
Everyday you meet different clients trravelkers and learn new things in culture and everyday life
You enjoy the atmosphere full of life and harmony smiles of staff and clents happy to be there
The hardest thing for me was when Icould not make someone happy eg price, award, or they were not happy with stay at Intercontinental
Everyday you will find staff or clients with a bad day but I always gave my best to put a smile
Pros
Flexible supportive work schedule
Cons
It's hard to get big decisions made
Sporadic and frenetic managment
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Double Bay NSW17 August 2017
As a new hotel in that area, was a bit hard to understand as the leadership continually changed. I enjoyed working with my team and the clientele was always great. Benefits could be better and not much work life balance.
Terrible Workplace
Club Lounge Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 July 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked for. Managers were terrible and hygiene standards were the worst I have ever seen! This is a 5 star hotel! I definitely expected more. I am a highly trained and experienced hospitality professional, yet I was treated as though I knew nothing. Hygiene: plates have egg scraps left on them due to not being scraped down properly and not being allowed to due to time restrictions. Teaspoons are handwashed behind the bar! WITHOUT DETERGENT!! Management is terrible and I felt like I couldn't talk to them - no open door policy. My trainers made me feel like a preschooler and would talk 'dumb' to me and made me feel as if I didn't know anything. The staff here don't even know what is 'entree' fork and what is 'main' fork! They call them big fork and little fork! I definitely expect higher standards from a 5 star hotel and have seen higher standards in a café I used to work in. Absolutely terrible. And to end with my manager offered to send me feedback of my time there and said I could use her reference to apply for another hotel chain - I never heard anything back from her even after multiple emails! It's highly unprofessional to lie to your employees. Definitely a disgrace to the Intercontinental brand and I can't describe how disappointed I was to work here. Horrible
Pros
Free meal
Ambiente de trabajo internacional.
Especialista de servicio profesional (Former Employee) –  Sydney. Australia28 June 2017
Estube durante siete meses viviendo en Australia. En este tiempo estudií inglés y trabajé como recepcionista y terapeuta Spa. Fue muy gratificante a nivel personal y profesional.
Only gym
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 June 2017
Busy sometimes quiet
It's very flexible the hour the management it's good
Helping each other the hardest if short of staff but because the staff are multi skills and the end of the day the job are done?
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
They look after the staff
Enjoyable workplace.
Public Area Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 May 2017
Working in this place is really wonderful will full of supporting friend, helpful members. As i have started i have no any single second to say this place as a bad workplace. I enjoy working here.
Good work life balance kitchen
Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  South Adelaide SA2 April 2017
In current workplace we have the best work life experience i had in my career life. we hardly exceed or do any over time due to the quality of management and way the kitchen work. All item is prepare to it highest quality and is really fun to work. I get involve in many other task to get prepare to step up in role. The workplace is really able to teach and show care for their employee.
Pros
free meal free uniform
Cons
hard to be promoted
It required hard-work and patience
Commissary Steward/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 March 2017
Very busy and quite messy. I learned not to take matters too seriously especially those ones that are beyond my control. Management was okey.The hardest part of the job is doing too much work for one person. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a nice bunch of workmates despite the hectic work load.
Pros
Free staff meal
Cons
Too many tasks for one person
Great Company Culture
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Terrigal, NSW Australia20 March 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working at a Crowne Plaza property in Australia. I entered in a F&B Supervisor position which was a very familiar role to me however I was also given the opportunity to change departments and develop a new set of professional skills as a Front Desk Agent and also as an Auditor/Relief Night Manager of the hotel.
An excellent employer.
Pros
Worldwide staff accommodation rates
Great 5 star Venue to work in
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 March 2017
Every day is interestingly busy attending to and serving hotel guests in the conservatory, the conference rooms, the restaurants and the bars.

Everyday very pleasant and polite interaction with hotel guests.

Colleagues here are all wonderfully nice and supportive. We worked productively and delivered top quality service at all times.

No hard part of job.

Enjoyed every shift because of our terrific team of very nice colleagues.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons
Great team work
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Double Bay NSW13 February 2017
Great work place, always a new adventure coming into work not knowing what the day would bring. The team was amazing and the management team really encouraged the staff to want to come to work
Pros
free meals
Big corporation kitchen
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia7 February 2017
You are surrounded by many chefs that each has their own role. You will not have much chance to do anything too special but you can always sharpen you basic skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Angry Chef

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2