InterContinental Hotels Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Australia69 reviews
As with any customer service job especially hospitality sometimes the days could be horrible if the customers were rude but the team was good. Sometimes understaffed with made things harder to do your required jobs around the customer service but overall a pretty good company to work for
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Understaffing
Great environment to learn and progress.
Highly recommended to anyone wanting to travel and learn hands-on experience in top hotel industry. They are efficient and friendly people with unlimited potential.
Pros
Progressive and efficient
Cons
Need travelling and relocating
There were interesting people to work with, and met interesting people such as the King and Queen of Thailand, famous sports people, and famous musicians. I built great friendships through work colleagues and learnt to have a good work ethic, work independently and develop leadership skills.
Fast passed well structured ,excellent support and excellent team environment, Friendly and welcoming management team, staff feedback and possible problem solving welcomed.
• Service
• Decorate meals

• Food preparation

• Cleaning duties

• Mise en place

• Teamwork

• Time management

It is a fast-paced environment.

However, all staff are friendly.
As I am from hospitality background ai always love to serve people and help them in every needs to fulfill their demands and needs in hospitality way. I hope to give best efforts and practises.
My experience in IHG was one of the worst. I wasn't treated fairly. Management and staff treat people by their nation , job rank. Canteen , changing rooms are dirty , uniforms smells bad.
Potentiel de développement important
Culture de travail vraiment liée a la direction en place, difficile souvent lors d'un changement de direction car on demande extrêmement au gens pour atteindre des objectifs sur de nombreuses facettes.

Carrière intéressante des lors que l'on a pas de vie de famille.
The intercontinental Hotels Group is a great company to work with. They treat everyone fantastically and joke around while being serious about their work making sure everyone gets what they order in a reasonable time frame.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Collaborate, holistic. A great company who value good work and provide opportunity to progress. They provide flexibility if required and celebrate staff that show initiative.
Working in InterContiental Sydney is a great opportunity to learn and gain more experience. The work culture is excellent and the leaders are very open and try to treat everyone equally in this diverse work environment. Highly recommended to start working in this company because they teach you to provide the highest quality standard to the customers.
Learning platform for new colleagues and the option to grow in the workplace. Salary is not too extraordinary but there is a better opportunity for learning hotel managment.
Diverse cultural background with focus on your career advancement! Friendly management, Hotel work experience, Hotel discounts, FUN team building activities, your small efforts are recognized and awarded!
Pros
People and Amazing FOOD!!!
Cons
complicated administrative procedure
Before management changed there was a more professional culture
Pros
Good safe job
Cons
Different culture after management changed and was impossible to continue
Overall was a horrible experience, interview was great and that’s it. When I did start working for the atrium bar things just got worse, I experienced such a horrible workplace culture, staff that would micro manage me, speak down to me and tell me off in front of customers - the culture of this workplace resembles school yard bullying.
On top of all of this, little to no training is provided and the training that I undertook was not sufficient - do your self a favor and choose a better employer

I would not recommend even my greatest enemy to work at the intercontinental Adelaide, was a hideous experience overall.
Where do I begin. Management don’t care for the well-being of their staff members. Overworked shifts, they would cut back everyone’s shifts one week and then the next week expect us to all work insane amount of hours. There’s no consistency when it comes to this hotel chain. Overworked and undervalued. Plus they would expect staff to pay $4 for meals on shift when it was disgusting canteen meals provided.
Job Work and Life Balance is good. The work path is chill not busy as city hotels.
Salary is reasonable.

Management has room to improve.

People there are nice.
I had a great team to work with and we used to enjoy every shift giving it all we had and providing the best guest service.
It was a really good experience and I got to learn a lot about the hospitality industry.
I oversee the security & safety aspects of the hotel. I was part of the pre opening team setting up security systems and security team. With IHG for 7 years
Pros
Good team
Cons
Learning high class level of service and understand how its is to work as a team and understand how to work well under pressure. Taking care of VIPs and understanding what are brand standards. As well as having an amazing and understand team.
Very good, sometimes stressful and hectic. Good team building. peaceful and serene environment. view is lovely.
It is generally a good place to work but job security not guaranteed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2