International SOS

15: International SOS Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

It's been cutting corners the last few years.

In the past five years they have been winning lots of contracts by being the lowest bidder. I have noticed a decrease in quality and salaries for staff.

Pros

Travel

Cons

No life balance

Stressful

It’s a very stressful working environment. They are short in staff in most departments, basically working from the moment you start till you finish, there’s not even a minute for you to have a breather. Very long working hours, salary is not competitive.

Most disorganised place to work

Would never work for this organisation again. Total lack of communication but expected instant agreement to attend work locations. Extremely slow to pay for normal hours and still waiting for payment of expenses .

Pros

Other staff really nice

Cons

Failure to communicate and slow to pay

Amazing job experience!

Great job opportunities.Broadened my horizon of nursing skills dramatically. Travel opportunities.Management is fair and respectful with an open door policy.

Toxic work environment

This company claims to care about employees safety and well-being but they don’t. The only business priorities are profits. This is the most toxic work environment I’ve ever worked in. The senior management micro- manage staff and try to control every detail of work life. There are minimal benefits and very high staff turnover. I would not recommend anyone work here.

Efficient and fun working environment

It was a great opportunity to work with the company. Staffs were very friendly and the working environment was very good. However, some improvisation can be done in the management.

Poor education/ training & poor support

Education n training was unorganised and lacking, no support or feedback for improvement and they often fired people without plausible reasons... Stiff clicky culture . Poor staff morale and high turnover rates from staff being burnt out etc. There are some good benefits such as the gym, BBQs social life etc ..so might be good while it lasts...

They let us get on with our work.

Their management are not very experienced with Dental but they did try to do their best for us. Their staff liason manager was keen to accomodate us even though dental was foreign to them.

Very interesting work

I enjoyed working with International SOS on Christmas Island and in Multiple Gas Construction camps. Unfortunately these positions no longer exist and they don't offer consultant rates for current jobs.

Pros

Fifo

Cons

Fifo

Great Employer

Very good employer and highly recommended. Very flexible with work life balance and management have good communication with staff. Work available all across Australia.

Horrendous company to work for. Don’t do it.

As an experienced nurse there is no autonomy or ongoing education. No effort is made by the company to sssist with CPD points. There is no job security and they will get rid of you if they do not like you. Overall one of the worst companies I have ever worked with. There is a culture of bullying and demeaning behaviour from management.

Pros

Cons

The list is endless

Non Supportive management

Poor wage and dont pay you for your time off i.e FIFO Have very picky clients who will get rid of you with no notice ....no backup from management. I was the 4th paramedic to go in a very short space of time (we cant all be bad....basically they get rid of the good ones because they want corrupt paramedics that dont treat accordingly)....I was sacked because i suggested giving morphine to a patient internally bleeding. Before applying ask yourself why is this company always on seek.

Poor administrative procedures

Non supportive of staff particularly fly in fly out do not respond in a reasonable time for questions or assistance when required there is a certain culture that is not a positive environment and are very quick to discipline at a high level when it is not required. Issues should be dealt at first line level not top level

Pros

Good salary package for bench workers

Cons

Poor administration

Dichotomous workplace

International SOS has a tagline: "Worldwide Reach. Human Touch." The company exists to provide assistance to people in need - facing either health and/or security issues while abroad for work or leisure. It is inspiring to be part of an organisation with this premise and there are some wonderful, very interesting people who work there. However, the medical and financial/business arms of the organisation are in constant opposition. The financial/business side does not listen to or respect the risk exposures that the medical side raise. It makes for a very stressful work environment with a culture in head office that is toxic and negative.

Pros

Working for a truly international company with many inspiring people

Cons

Toxic workplace where two fundamental arms of the business are not respected

interesting job

a very enjoyable learning experience. learning alot about medications and working with different people, great place to visit is northam

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare International SOS with