International SOS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

International SOS Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
It was a great opportunity to work with the company. Staffs were very friendly and the working environment was very good. However, some improvisation can be done in the management.
Education n training was unorganised and lacking, no support or feedback for improvement and they often fired people without plausible reasons... Stiff clicky culture . Poor staff morale and high turnover rates from staff being burnt out etc.
There are some good benefits such as the gym, BBQs social life etc ..so might be good while it lasts...
Their management are not very experienced with Dental but they did try to do their best for us.
Their staff liason manager was keen to accomodate us even though dental was foreign to them.
I enjoyed working with International SOS on Christmas Island and in Multiple Gas Construction camps. Unfortunately these positions no longer exist and they don't offer consultant rates for current jobs.
Pros
Fifo
Cons
Fifo
Very good employer and highly recommended. Very flexible with work life balance and management have good communication with staff. Work available all across Australia.
As an experienced nurse there is no autonomy or ongoing education. No effort is made by the company to sssist with CPD points. There is no job security and they will get rid of you if they do not like you. Overall one of the worst companies I have ever worked with. There is a culture of bullying and demeaning behaviour from management.
Pros
Cons
The list is endless
Poor wage and dont pay you for your time off i.e FIFO

Have very picky clients who will get rid of you with no notice ....no backup from management. I was the 4th paramedic to go in a very short space of time (we cant all be bad....basically they get rid of the good ones because they want corrupt paramedics that dont treat accordingly)....I was sacked because i suggested giving morphine to a patient internally bleeding.

Before applying ask yourself why is this company always on seek.
Cons
Non supportive of staff particularly fly in fly out do not respond in a reasonable time for questions or assistance when required there is a certain culture that is not a positive environment and are very quick to discipline at a high level when it is not required. Issues should be dealt at first line level not top level
Pros
Good salary package for bench workers
Cons
Poor administration
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at International SOS?