Intertek
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Intertek Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Keeping people happy trained and safe is a typical day for me.
Hard is doing 3 peoples jobs at once whilst minute managing myself for keeping to finished priority jobs to the small things
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Bad pay
Terrible working there, horrible managers, gossip is rampant. Slow to fix potentially dangerous hazards. Horrible pay for what your are exposed to and what you are expected to do.
Pros
Free lab coat
Cons
All of it
Management has really unrealistic expectations of what people can achieve in a shift, especially during day shift when it's very busy. Most people won't be able to hit production targets, even those who've been there for years.

The lab isn't very well ventilated, fume extractors are always blocked and quite a few people have complained about getting headaches and sore throats while working in there. As far as I know, nothing has been done to change this.

People on the shifts are pretty chill and helpful, takes a bit out of the sting of having to work there.
Our branch was a awesome place to work.
Everyone got along well and helped each other out.

Sadly due to a down turn in business I was made redundant, but if I was offer a position back there I would jump in a heart beat.
Pros
Working enviroment
Cons
None realy
Exploitation and underpayment is rampant. HR and upper management do not act quickly enough, respond or defend you in a timely. Always the case that it will be far too late.

The people they hire are their buddies and mates, who are not qualified for the job. If you are the one that is qualified, it is assured that your talent will be used without compensation : ie free training for them and nothing in return for you.

Noisy and polluted, there is little care towards the working environment here.The mood here is negative. Stay away.
Pros
You have a regular salary
Cons
Everything you don't want in a company, people or culture
Really good place to work. Good tasks, good team and I wish I could have stayed there longer.
I enjoyed a lot working for intertek and I got responsibility straight away. I felt like people heard me when I had suggestions and this is such a quality for a workplace.
The working culture is totally different from Australian working culture,
no safety at all , no organizing or preparation, managers and supervisors code conduct very bad, no break between work or target and discremination
Typical day at work would start with emails on average 60-100 per day, answer any queries, sort out problems, data input, payruns, reconcile statements.

I learned everything to do with account payable how to process from beginning to end.

Data entry

Purchase orders

Payments runruns

Everyone in management and co workers worked well together we were a good team.

The hardest part of the job was making sure our large volume of work was delivered on time and upto date for month end.

Everything in my role was enjoyable intertek was a very pleasent place to work.
Pros
Room to further career
Cons
i HAVE BEEN WITH INTERTEK FOR LAST 15 YEARS AS A FREELANCE MECHANICAL INSPECTOR. ASSIGNMENTS ISSUED IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER, WELL GUIDED AND ASSISTED WHENEVER REQUESTED.
Revisions for the assignments are issued promptly.

Recomendations from client - conveyed promptly.

Monthly income deposited regularly on monthly basis.

Time sheets are reviewed fairly.

Availability of technical codes, standards, specifications- issued timely.
Pros
every inspector is treated on seniority basis
Cons
currently running low on "jobs coming in"
Depression in the Mining sector has put constant pressures on the area. Causing cut backs, sackings and redundancy.

My main concern is of late the industry is becoming top heavy
Pros
Flexible working conditions
Cons
Outlook grim
Too focused on profit and not enough on adequate staff training or safety. Set unreachable expectations for workers that are impossible given the work SOPs; must shortcut procedures in order to reach the companies desired production numbers.
Working with Intertek is challenging, objective and overall satisfactory.
very friendly staff
working environment good

management staff always ready to help
Pros
getting good experience
a very enjoying job with a variety of tasks to do.
management was great with good benefits.
I have worked with Intertek for almost 3 years and won't be looking elsewhere for quite sometime. I was disappointed after reading the reviews from people in the US as Intertek Australia is a very beneficial place to work.
They are very lenient with personal commitments and don't monitor you with a fine toothed comb to make sure you are meeting requirements. They have trust in their employees and review performance regularly to ensure everyone is happy.

If there are faults in employees, they do everything possible to ensure you are supported in a way forward.

Colleagues and management have great personalities and are very supportive and always laughing and joking around however everyone takes their positions seriously and if you don't, then Intertek is not the company for you.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Large company so individuals don't get the spotlight as often as many people like, but dont work for a large company if this is what you want
I am a positive team player, and would like to continue and contribute my commitment in pursuit of a stimulating place to work and grow. My ongoing objective is to provide efficiency and high standards in your company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, No appreciation for work, Don't stand to what they say
Oriented mainly around chemical and fuel testing. A large variety of testing and instrumentation. Management is largely near sighted and inadequate. Co-workers are the best part of the job. The job is not particularly difficult though staff can be required to work odd hours and are not paid penalty rates.