Invacare Corporation Employee Reviews

A meat grinder
Engineering Designer (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH15 June 2019
A recent batch of employees worked 10-12 hours/day, 6 days a week to help the company reach a required FDA milestone.
They met their goal, then many were promptly let go soon afterwards.
The stock has been in the tank for years, and the internal atmosphere is very cut-throat.
If you're seriously looking for employment, there must be numerous better options than this.
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Many
Wonderful employees great managers
Financial Services Coordinator Duties (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH 4403511 June 2019
I learned many new skills here and had the opportunity to be promoted as well. I like the fact they promote from within. Many nice people and the best manager ever!
No longer work here
Parts Catalog Designer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH14 May 2019
Company had a lot of issues when I worked there. They were under a government issued 'CD'. Then they laid off staff members. This place really didn't have a good "vibe".
Challenging and rewarding
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH9 April 2019
Fast paced, learning every week, new products with a wide product line keeps the job interesting and keeps you competitive.
Has its challenges just like any large company in a competitive space.
More communication better organized
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fabrication8 April 2019
I love working at invakear ,but like every where else
You'll have good days and bad days.
Again I want to say that I'm grateful to be part of invakear corporation
And thank you for the opportunity
Pros
Co- workers all work good as a team
Cons
Lack of communication
Poor management
Assambler (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FL23 February 2019
Some weeks you work 40 hours some others 20 or 30 hours at 11 dollars cause the machines was brokens or not enought material to feeding the line it was a total mess everyday
Pros
Lunch
Cons
You have to work saturdays or you get fired
Very stressful work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OH10 February 2019
Great company to work for. You handle alot of consumers and their needs can be very demanding. This causes alot of stress. Management is now pretty great . The stress is unfortunately not something thay can be controlled due to the type of business it is.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stress
Challinging and a great place to learn
Materials Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FL8 December 2018
The best part of working here is that the always changing mentality keeps you in a great position to learn everyday. we continuous improvement projects help maximize space and productivity.
Pros
always something (project) to work on.
Cons
stressful sometimes.
Has been rocky and unstable over last year
POST ACUTE CARE SOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  United States27 November 2018
Invacare has great products! With the HME market we just can't compete with the competitors' lower priced products. Management has been unstable and directives unclear.
Very interesting industry
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 November 2018
Great flexibility in managing a sales territory. I was allowed to manage my territory in Wisconsin, independently and make business decisions based on local conditions. I was responsible for growing sales and I did so by starting out with a 2.6 million dollar territory and grew it to over 7 million.
Pros
Freedom to work independently
Cons
difficult funding issues in healthcare
Horrible!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH11 November 2018
Place is a nightmare! You work 10 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week. No matter how hard you try, it's never enough. Replacing older workers with temps who have nothing invested in company. The business on a whole is on shaky ground. Management is clueless in leading people.
Pros
None!
Cons
Work schedule is horrible, terrible management, no direction in company
Focused on Customers and Quality
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OH10 November 2018
The company strives to provide customers with mobility needs that are of high quality and high value. Environment is fast paces with diverse projects and assignments.
Pros
Freedom to work on improvement projects
Cons
Difficult to advance in Management
Uncertainty
Rehab Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upstate NY8 November 2018
I was only at Invacare for 5 months and unexpectedly my position was eliminated. I was just starting to build a solid foundation as far as product knowledge, relationships with customers, etc. and this happened.
World Class Manufacturer
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Florida, Ohio, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico6 November 2018
Invacare was on the cutting edge of world class manufacturing. They invested from top to bottom in training. They worked hard from the President to the hourly associates. Invacare took over the home medical equipment industry. They did it by hiring the best people and having the best policies and practices.
horrible
custumer service (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FL30 October 2018
racista
poco compañerismo
malos tratos
horrible
Low pay
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FL10 September 2018
Lot of work. Same employee doing a job for 2 or 3 people. The pay rate is not enough for all what yo have to do. Only good thing is the benefits and the good people that you met
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Loved it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ4 September 2018
I loved it there.
The account management allowed me to be skilled at building and maintaining client relationships by providing superior customer service and utilizing consultative sales approach to generate revenue and new business. Adept at assessing client needs and delivering solutions for a win-win relationship. Strategically focused and results-oriented. Possesses strong work ethics, skillful at negotiating contracts, and well-organized to capture and maintain new business.
Pros
Big company a lot of support
Cons
There management changed after 20 years and the culture changed
Leading manufacturer of wheelchairs and Home Medical Products
Financial Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH1 September 2018
A global company that is really in tune with the market and what's going on today. I have learned so much from working with Invacare Corporation. I am very pleased with the time and training that I have received here.
Pros
The training I have received here is outstanding and has prepared me for future leadership roles.
Cons
Pay
productive
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH26 August 2018
on a typical day I would make sure my team had all supplies needed to make the amount of controllers for wheelchairs for the day.it is a very fast paced and stressful place to work
Pros
great benifits
Cons
you work overtime at a moments notice
Horrible place to work!
Pindot custom seating (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH10 August 2018
Horrible place to work. Cut throat environment, the " new invacare" has no clue where it's going. Non stop temporary people coming and going. Waste time training them only to have them quit. Temps hired in at higher wage then 2-3 year hired in employees, and hired in earlier then long standing temps that have stuck with this joke of a company. Good solid workers are pushed even harder, while lazy workers are praised just for showing up. Blatant favoritism in the company as a whole.
Human resource is a joke! Don't waste your time reporting any issues, it will be ignored. HR is all about the management NOT the employees.
Long hours 10 days plus every Saturday and Sunday, sounds great until you do it for 20 t days straight! Find another place to work!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invacare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.