Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

IRT Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
I have always loved working at IRT. All the staffs have been helpful and work as a team. Staffs are co-operative and collaborative when it comes to short of staff.
What goes on behind closed doors is verbal abuse to dementia residents management do nothing..even when a written letter was given to management that staff member was alloeed to continue working in the Dementia ward..Clinical manager stated that the person was monitor by other staff..untrue that person should never been allowed back in the Dementia ward again
Pros
No pros
Cons
Nursing home management do not do enough to stop abuse
I can’t believe her! The care manager there destroyed the friendly work culture of Kangara waters and staff morale is low except for her favorite worker friends! Maybe irt need to pay more attention before the place falls apart! I have never worked in a facility with only 3-4 permanent staff and the rest are from the agency! There is something seriously wrong there!
I gave it 6 months. The academy is excellent. The actual residential centers are another story. The management are not supportive. It's like being in high school again with the mean girls. They look after their friends. The board needs to look hard at who they are putting in management roles. Education, empathy, and encouragement are KEY to a good manager. Not here.
I like to work in IRT due to their workplace culture and easy to learn everything and also management very cooperative. I recoganised for my friends..
Management make life very hard for staff, they expect too much and give very little praise or thanks for your hard work, Work life balance does not exist. Always short staffed and over worked and under paid.
Thats all i have to say except im extremely disappointed in management not following up on complaints and too many people not doing their job efficiently. I loved my job and wouldve stayed forever if it wasnt for my injuries and the bullying.
IRT feeds their residents 3 meals a day, which is good until you find out that they do so on such a tight budget that each resident pays 60 cents per day for those 3 meals
The food they feed them is as cheap as they can get proving that management loves to save money in every area possible, except when it comes to management and building new facilities
Pros
taking care of the elderly
Cons
management
Duties include personal care and meal service.

The residents are well taken care of and happy.

There appears to be a large casual pool, yet they only roster staff that are on the lower pay rate (ACE1)- under fair work, pay rates must increase with experience.

The director is lovely, polite and caring but very busy.

The pay is ok but you lose casual loading on weekends and public holidays.

It's hard to tell who is in charge. I never know who I am reporting to on shift, there are supervisors and RN's and bossy staff, it can get confusing.

Most of the staff is friendly. There is a good balance age and gender.

Systems are a bit outdated
Pros
Good facility for residents. Uniform provided. Staff are friendly
Cons
A bit disorganised. Use up inexperienced, cheap workers
taking care of every day living needs showering dressing changing incontinence aides feeding and emotional support to families
Pros
assisting elderly
Cons
can be very emotional work
I love t help people and to give them the quality of life that they can still have ,
Washing ,feeding entertaining clients

Team work is important

Dignity and Respect for all client's

Respect for co-workers

A death of a client is the hardest , It is so important to help the family and friends as they go through the process of watching their loved one pass ,to support then in any way possible and then after
Pros
bringing a smile to a clients face
Cons
Their death
It was a good place to get some experience to learn what was expected of people in the job. People were friendly. The boss was great.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not enough courses to excell
Some Personal care work, Mostly I was in the kitchen and prepared the meals for the day. I also served the meals to the residents, knowing what they did and didn't like, allergies etc. Played lifestyle games with the residents. Entered notes. ACFI and bowel charts.
Pros
Putting some of my skills into practice.
Cons
Being in the kitchen most of the time.
0600 Start hand over from night staff an read reports of avo before. Then began assisting the residents to get ready for the day. Once all are ready begin breakfast help those eat that need help give medication to all that are perscribed. Do paper work on residents ring Doctors if need follow up on any problems check that paper work is up to date. Make shore that all jobs that your fellow workers have are complete. The heavy lifting of residents when unable to stand judging what their needs are today which could be totally changed from the day before. Seeing the residents smile when they see your face an enjoying a laugh an a talk with them.
Pros
Getting to make peoples life enjoyable at the end
Cons
Management hard to approach mentally straining