iSelect
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

iSelect Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
Despite the change in my job role and department whilst working with iSelect. I can highly recommend the company to those looking to work within the customer service/call centre industry.
Good culture. Management don’t plan ahead that’s why they have a high turnover.
Under paid in the job market. They don’t care about how good you are. It’s who you know, not what you know
My time at Iselect was great. The people are fun and very KPI focussed. The only down fall was when the company got more popular the commission was decreased and the leads that you dialled were already contacted by 6 consultants before you.
If having a good mental health in important to you, don’t work at Iselect.

The kpi are ridiculous and the comission is pathetic you have to work unpaid overtime to get next to nothing anyway. I would never go there ever again
Great team environment, support and recognition for achievement of goals. Fun environment and always had great incentives in place. Would encourage motivated and driven individuals to apply.
Very good management in the data science team.
Flexible working hours.

Always get to learn something new.

Focus on letting employees learn new skills.
my job is challenging yet very rewarding, its very fast passed, the hardest part of my job is dealing with rejections and objections when trying to help people. the culture is great, I love being around like minded people and this place is full of them
Pros
free fruit, recharge days
Cons
working indoors
The theoretical part of the training is good structured but all the good news stop here. The calls are cold and the most of the times are old leads. The first months you have to meet your targets from practically no or limited connects. If you want a sales job to meet the targets and get paid it is not the place to be.
Pros
Training, you have the chance to learn a lot about health insurance industry and colleagues
Cons
Bad management, no bonus, low paid and in general bad work ethic.
this was a first proper office job for me, but the training was excellent and the staff were helpful and friendly.

we would have to answer phone calls and listen to the needs of the person, establish the correct course of action by following a script or getting a hold of the appropriate sales representative. making the call as smooth and direct for the customer as possible

a classic 8-4 job so the work balance was good!

good wage and easy work.
Pros
good work environment
This company has its priorities in the wrong place senior managers get all the perks and are overpaid, they are now setting up their call centre off shore in third world countries so the ones at the top can still be overpaid. Dont do business with this company as its not loyal to australia and its own labour force
Pros
Cons
A real boyz club
A typical day at iSelect would be arrive, get your free coffee, have a team meeting and get on the phones and try gaining early momentum by selling a few policies early. Most of the day consisted of making outbound calls to people who have been on the website and your job is basically to educate them and get them the most value for money. I learned to be myself, in this business being yourself is simple advice but very important. The floor managers are very approachable and more than happy to help. Management above that wasn't as approachable. Not bad people but not as good as the floor managers. Co-workers were absolutely amazing. Best part of this job is the people. As it is sales their is a high attrition rate so don't get too attached. There is a strong work hard/play hard theme so if you do well you will be rewarded. The hardest part of the job would be the commute (personally for me as I was on the road for more than 2 hours a day). The most enjoyable part is celebrating each others success.
Pros
Free coffee/people
Cons
Long hours/recharge days not easy to use
Awesome Workplace but i didnt enjoy training and management within the job and found a higher paying job at energydeal which was a better decision for me
A very young work place with a great atmosphere and great facilities. They have a sleep pod, massage chairs, a mini gym and slide from the 2nd Floor to the canteen. Games room and canteen. I loved the job when the place was smaller and you knew everyone you worked with. In sales your typical day at work is answering incoming phone calls from the public wanting to make comparisons on their health insurance to see if they can find better and often cheaper options. The training was very good and I came from a Health insurance background which was a big help. I learned a lot about other funds products and realized there are huge differences in them and it pays t shop around. The hardest part of the job was the targets and sometimes not having the products that matched customers requirements. I loved finding better options for customers and saving them money and been able to have a good chat with them. After a while the company grew bigger and the sales side of things became very competitive which I didn't enjoy. I moved into a Sales Support Role that I really liked.
Pros
good canteen, team lunches, massage chairs, great fun staff
Cons
sometimes unachievable targets set